Stamina changes

• Thought it was odd no stamina changes were included in the first (hopefully) balance patch, since it seemed to be changes affecting all classes in that one. Anyway, like it’s been said quite a bit, I think it’d be best to slightly raise the stam cost per feint, and lower parry drain. Would do a few things: make 1vN more viable, at least as far as survivability goes, and make defensive playstyles more rewarding/viable. I’ve also heard increasing stam cost for missing but I don’t care as much about that one even if it is probably a good idea. Anyone think differently on stam lately?

• Feints drain way too much stamina as it is.

• @Mef:

Feints drain way too much stamina as it is.

i agree

right now im staming out after feinting to parry twice

makes maul stamina drain duels too easy

• Just decrease the amount of stamina used on parry and it’s fine, not sure why parrying is punished.

• because defensive plays make fights last too long

remember back when you could tap sprint to start regening hp?

duels used to be long and drawn out, especially for knights

not that that was a bad thing, i liked it very much, you could draw out the duel by parrying and regening hp instantly afterwards

• But defensive play is much harder than offensive play, so I don’t really know why it should be so punishable.

EDIT: worded that badly, I don’t really know why defensive play in itself should be punishing.

• @zombojoe:

because defensive plays make fights last too long

remember back when you could tap sprint to start regening hp?

duels used to be long and drawn out, especially for knights

not that that was a bad thing, i liked it very much, you could draw out the duel by parrying and regening hp instantly afterwards

Idgaf about duels, I want to be able to stay alive more than 4 seconds against 5 people so that my teammates can come and assist me.

• @Xylvion:

Idgaf about duels, I want to be able to stay alive more than 4 seconds against 5 people so that my teammates can come and assist me.

tbs doesnt agree that you should be allowed to fight more than 1 person at a time tho

• i wish parry cost little to no stamina, hate fights ending because of stamina.

also, i’ve said this like 100,000 times but i have no idea why the stun-lock time is decided by the slowest weapon that 1 shots all classes. Please make sense of this to me. If anything base it on the stab time or something. Either way, then people would just BOCKSWING mauls instead during the stun because it’s faster than even the lookdown overheads.