Remove map vote on official servers

• Seriously people are changing TO to LTS and it’s getting fucking annoying

No moderators either to kick people

thanks

• Have you considered that if the votes pass, it’s what the majority wants?

• @Monsteri:

Have you considered that if the votes pass, it’s what the majority wants?

when I enter a server named “Official TO server blah bla” I expect there to be TO, not FFA in dining hall or some shit

• Quick refresh could come in handy.

• It is necessary for when the games mess up e.g. the not uncommon issue with being unable to spawn.

• @gregcau:

It is necessary for when the games mess up e.g. the not uncommon issue with being unable to spawn.

voteresetmap M8

• I think it’s fine to be able to change maps and modes on any server, and they need to return that. If the majority wants it, then they want it. It’s hard enough finding populated TO servers, we should be able to change FFA and LTS and TDM servers to TO if 65%+ wants it.

• Actually didn’t they add a mapvotelist option with the UI update? They could conceivably whitelist a set of maps for each type of server.

• @dudeface:

Actually didn’t they add a mapvotelist option with the UI update? They could conceivably whitelist a set of maps for each type of server.

That feature is kinda unreliable. If you enable map votes on your server, and even if you have a list of allowed maps on your PCServer-UDKGame (I think the vote is LimitedVoteMaplist) people can still vote ALL maps through the console with the usual votechangemap command.

All the LimitedVoteblah does is narrow the list displayed when you hit ESC and click on the Change Map interface.

It makes little sense.

• Oh I see. I hadn’t tested it out.