Make players' ranks moar visible

• i know that as players get better and rank up, new helmets become available. this helps people ID other players by their skill (in a general way)–if u see a gold helm player for example, get ready to be killed, albeit probably by reverse swings and other exploits, unless you yourself also are ranked 50+.

but i was thinking if it could be more visually clear how good another player is. maybe like horns or new skins as players rank up (in add. to the helms) that cant be disabled so players can not hide their rank. this can help players, like noobs in particular, know who to fight and who to run away from.

also, the highest ranking player on each team could have some kind of special helm or skin (like the king) or something to distinguish him on the battlefield.

• I don’t think customization should be forced. You can aim your crosshair at the enemy to see his name. Rank is just a killcounter anyway, there are loads of extremely bad rank 40+s. There’s also a disadvantage due having no customization; you don’t look as cool.

• Who to run away from…? Dude, just fight them…

• No.

True skill lies in the abnoxious habit of continuously looking up your opponent’s rank while fighting him.
    Seriously, I can’t stop it. :(

• When someone runs away from me, I hunt their ass down and slaughter them till they stop running everytime they see me. Muahahahaha!

• Something to make me stand up even more in the battleground? Hah, no, thanks.

Maybe they should put the player’s rank on the “You were killed by XXXX” screen that comes up when you’re killed by someone. That way, when you are 1-13 against him, any player with a little sense will understand why that’s to be expected.

When you’re up against a higher rank you shouldn’t really run away from him if he’s alone. If you know you’ll lose on 1v1, just wait for a teammate and attack in tandem, timing your attacks so he has literally no chance to effectively riposte or CFtP when he goes on the offensive. At least that’s what all those lower ranks try to do when they see my shiny golden helmet. I can no longer KS or backstab them because as soon as they see me, they want to get me first :(

Never go troll tactics, like switching to archer to snipe them from afar or revert to firepots/projectiles because that might work for a round or two and you don’t want to wake the fury of a thousand suns.

• we already got pink helmets what more do you want?

• I think it would be cool if there was some sort of a “Team Leader” skin or a piece of customization you could enable if you are the player with the highest score or rank… In RO2 there’s a “Hero” (player with the highest rank) in both teams who has an advantage of not getting suppressed by gunfire or explosions and it’s a nice little feature that’s not gamebreaking. In Chivalry though a team leader’s mark would server no other function than to draw more arrows and long range pokes in your direction. One player wearing a golden helmet in TO already gets to be the target of about 80% of all enemy arrows.

I think it would be nice if you could use a game setting to enable a rank indicator next to the player’s name so you wouldn’t have to look it up in the scoreboard every time.

• Rank is just a killcounter, it’s not a good way to judge a person’s skill. There are plenty of really shitty rank 40+'s. There’s no need to make gameplay mechanics out of it FFS.

• Pro-Tip:

Hit tab when you enter a game and take note of any people that are high rank and remember their names. Then when you see their name pop up in battle you know to be wary.

Pro-Tip #2:
    Assume every single enemy you come across is a player of the highest caliber and you will never be surprised at how good they can be. Otherwise you will end up fighting someone you peg as a noob and they whoop your arse because they aren’t.

• @Toll:

Pro-Tip:

Hit tab when you enter a game and take note of any people that are high rank and remember their names. Then when you see their name pop up in battle you know to be wary.

Pro-Tip #2:
    Assume every single enemy you come across is a player of the highest caliber and you will never be surprised at how good they can be. Otherwise you will end up fighting someone you peg as a noob and they whoop your arse because they aren’t.

The first one works fine if you can remember names well.

The second one too until you come across a player who just keeps pressing random buttons until one of you is dead.

• The random button presser gives allows you to have an insight of how per-determind your actions are. If you die to them a lot, it means you are predicting, assuming and relying on past experience too much. So you are spending more time in your memory then you are in the moment of the game. Dial that shit back a bit and they aren’t a problem.

• I smack myself in the face when I’m killed by a rank 6 just swinging wildly. And hope that no one saw me just get killed by that fool lol.

• @Toll:

The random button presser gives allows you to have an insight of how per-determind your actions are. If you die to them a lot, it means you are predicting, assuming and relying on past experience too much. So you are spending more time in your memory then you are in the moment of the game. Dial that shit back a bit and they aren’t a problem.

I didn’t say I get killed a lot by these button-smashers but sometimes they can get you in a weird way unless you only use your fastest attacks and don’t give them a chance to hit trade/flinch you and almost nothing can prepare you for bardiche backwards alt over that just happens to hit you in the face by accident :D fighting predictable but skilled people is a lot easier than fighting someone who just doesn’t give a shit and might pull of something amazing like that.

E: Every time I come across a player like this I always wait for them to take the initiative so I can strike back with something they would have a hard time parrying accidentally.

• my favorite is hitting people in the head with the maul because they dont wait to parry they just start up an attack again after getting parried

• @dreamlord:

get ready to be killed, albeit probably by reverse swings and other exploits.

This sentence in my head read “Ready to be killed by people who are far superior to me, and to justify why I died, I will call what they do exploits.”

Also, you shouldn’t be forced to wear things at a certain level.

HOWEVER!!!

If you added capes I’d be forever grateful!!!

[

• Only add capes if they can be properly animated. Like, in the new Mortal Kombat games and Injustice there’s characters with capes, and they’re like completely static, barley move. I don’t want shitty looking capes that are stuck to my back.

• How about no to this entire thread

• i don’t wear gold helms anymore because they are archer magnets. I also like to blend in ;)

• “get ready to be killed, albeit probably by reverse swings and other exploits,”

:(

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.