Practice Your Parrying Skills!

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZv791aM5C0&feature=youtu.be

This is mainly for new players or players that struggle with parrying!

Whenever I train someone or help someone struggling to parry, I use this method always. After many rotations and practicing, most of the people I help come out parrying like a god!

If you cannot parry for some reason, try turning more towards the tip of your enemy’s blade.

Make sure you have a partner for this and take turns parrying/attacking.

Enjoy! (Make sure to spread this to your friends or lower level beginners)

• Nice Vid

Can you please do one for… things like
    Extreme dragging moves
    Reverse twirling around overheads

~Hen

• @Henners:

Can you please do one for… things like
    Extreme dragging moves
    Reverse twirling around overheads

Those moves are fundamentally flawed and will get you killed most of the time. A good teacher won’t teach you those things.

There’s a problem with this drill, there’s no movement at all, it makes parrying much harder. If anything, this drill should be like an introduction to parrying.

All the beginners need is orientation.

• Those moves are fundamentally flawed and will get you killed most of the time.

A lot of people would disagree with that. There are even people who say they’re OP O:

• I plan on it! Stay tuned. Check Reddit from time to time as well.

• @ashvins:

Those moves are fundamentally flawed and will get you killed most of the time. A good teacher won’t teach you those things.

There’s a problem with this drill, there’s no movement at all, it makes parrying much harder. If anything, this drill should be like an introduction to parrying.

All the beginners need is orientation.

I don’t mean to be rude, but this post is a prime example of complete ignorance. Especially this part:

**Those moves are fundamentally flawed and will get you killed most of the time. A good teacher won’t teach you those things.

This is 100% false, although these moves may be very weird and unintentional you’ll find they’re used almost anywhere you go. Go to a competitive duel server or watch 2 teams scrim.

**Everyone needs to learn these because they have become a core of the game. Besides feinting, try playing against top notch players without using these mechanics. It gets extremely boring and doesn’t work.

Not trying to bm you or anything, sorry if this was offensive.

• @King:

I don’t mean to be rude, but this post is a prime example of complete ignorance. Especially this part:

**Those moves are fundamentally flawed and will get you killed most of the time. A good teacher won’t teach you those things.

This is 100% false, although these moves may be very weird and unintentional you’ll find they’re used almost anywhere you go. Go to a competitive duel server or watch 2 teams scrim.

**Everyone needs to learn these because they have become a core of the game. Besides feinting, try playing against top notch players without using these mechanics. It gets extremely boring and doesn’t work.

Not trying to bm you or anything, sorry if this was offensive.

I tend to agree with him actually. There’s a small number of decent clans who seem to be pretty obsessed with the b0ckswings and all that nonsense. But it’s rarely seen in teamfights among the stronger clans. It is a useful skill to be able to defend against it though.

• Having a bigger bag of tricks to work with is never a bad thing to do, allowing yourself to approach a situation in more ways. This does not, however, mean that you should discard the other things that you have learned(like the basics). Dragging and the like are things that can trip up a beginner so it’s better for them to get used to them.

• /Pro Tip.

Turn THEN parry.

Don’t parry THEN turn.

/end Pro Tip.

• RO’s are super risky, they are playing 1st person and do a RO then there is a moment where they can’t see you.

If they are 3rd person scrubs then facehug with daggers and chuckle.

in my experience , I find RO’s easy enough to deal with, only the very best performed ones are dangerous. They are often seldom used and more of a surprise than anything. They are easy to miss and blow stamina on too.

• Or you know, just use greatsword and remove all risk involved with reverse overheads. Even if you manage to fuck up so badly and miss with the first instance of the release, you can still drag it back onto them.

I had to take a break from Chiv when I got my world rocked from a Feint to Parry bind, reverse overhead riposte from the greatsword. My anus is still a bit sore tbh.

• @Karasu:

I tend to agree with him actually. There’s a small number of decent clans who seem to be pretty obsessed with the b0ckswings and all that nonsense. But it’s rarely seen in teamfights among the stronger clans. It is a useful skill to be able to defend against it though.

Seconded. After you learn to defend against everything and don’t fall for every single drag and 180 yoloverhead anymore, you’ll still find that the good ol’ feint is still the toughest to brace yourself against.

• @a:

Seconded. After you learn to defend against everything and don’t fall for every single drag and 180 yoloverhead anymore, you’ll still find that the good ol’ feint is still the toughest to brace yourself against.

A defensive playstyle tends to work against them. If someone is executing a lot of spinning techniques that person is also usually presenting a lot of openings. Take a step back, let them whiff, and deliver a thrust to their exposed back.

• no matter how much you practice parry it will never be consistent because if it was, i would be unkillable

this games consistency is seriously terrible and only gets you so far

• @CRUSHED:

no matter how much you practice parry it will never be consistent because if it was, i would be unkillable

Crushed Best knight eu, don’t forget that NA peasants.

• @CRUSHED:

no matter how much you practice parry it will never be consistent because if it was, i would be unkillable

agreed, even with <50 ping animations dont always sync up properly

chiv at lan feels really consistent tho