Archer flinch removal… you forgot something

• To add further insult to archers following that patch, arrows still flinch other archers with drawn bows. I thought removal of flinch was totally unnecessary for balance… but there is your report.

• I am okay with this.

• i’m okay with it too, keeps the warbow/hcb in check, at least sometimes. Not like it takes long to pull the crossbows back up but at least warbow has to re-draw.

• Archer still ez mode.

• @dudeface:

Archer still ez mode.

I always thought moderators were supposed to be impartial…

@DokB:

I am okay with this.

Just wanted to add, DokB was ok with keeping flinch for arrows generally. But I’m trying to run out the door and didn’t double check that, so if I’m wrong my apologies.

• I cant see the point in removing flinching for archers. Wheres the logic in that? Please explain to me why it has to be only archers? And dont say that is because archers are OP, cause they are not. If they were, then archers would dominate the score after each map, and they dont. Just the opposite actually…

• And wheres the logic in that a throwing axe flinches but an arrow dosent???

• @Thomas1:

And wheres the logic in that a throwing axe flinches but an arrow dosent???

@Thomas1:

I cant see the point in removing flinching for archers. Wheres the logic in that? Please explain to me why it has to be only archers? And dont say that is because archers are OP, cause they are not. If they were, then archers would dominate the score after each map, and they dont. Just the opposite actually…

Are you familiar with the cliche - “the squeaky wheel gets the grease”?

• @jlaff:

Are you familiar with the cliche - “the squeaky wheel gets the grease”?

Now i am:) But that was also my thoughts, just not those exact words…

• @Thomas1:

And wheres the logic in that a throwing axe flinches but an arrow dosent???

There is no logic, the dancing vanguards and torso turning knights just wanted archers gone from the game. This is only an archer nerf. The next beta patch has 50% damage reduction for all archers.

• @gregcau:

There is no logic, the dancing vanguards and torso turning knights just wanted archers gone from the game. This is only an archer nerf. The next beta patch has 50% damage reduction for all archers.

A new beta patch isn’t even out yet. I really hope you aren’t spreading that kind of propaganda in pubs.

If the top archers like Skillz and J-P agree that archers are OP, they are OP. It’s not even an argument.

• @jlaff:

I always thought moderators were supposed to be impartial…

lol we’re still allowed to have opinions about the game

• @Noxin:

A new beta patch isn’t even out yet. I really hope you aren’t spreading that kind of propaganda in pubs.

If the top archers like Skillz and J-P agree that archers are OP, they are OP. It’s not even an argument.

I would consider myself a “top” archer and I don’t see how they are OP, so guess there is an argument.

• I should correct myself, I am okay with no flinch on archer but it really takes away from weapons like Sling and to a small extent the Shortbow while not addressing the real issues. The problem lies with the relatively easy use of weapons like crossbow and there huge damage regardless where they hit.

So what I would like to see is…

• Projectiles still flinch on headshot at the very least
    • Damage reduction for weapons like Warbow and ALL crossbows based off where they hit (so much less damage on leg shots, slightly less on bodyshots, headshots remain the same)

And throwing weapons flinching vs. archer primaries not flinching isn’t an argument based on realism but on game play. These weapons need to be able to flinch because they have much shorter range, less travel speed, less damage, less ammo and are very situational compared with archer primaries.

• projectiles should flinch under the same conditions as melee flinch

kthanksbai

• @zombojoe:

projectiles should flinch under the same conditions as melee flinch

kthanksbai

Agreed. But at least give us the ability to flinch out of draw/reload. In my opinion when you hit the enemy archer you deserve to know that he can’t immediately shoot back.

• @J-P:

Agreed. But at least give us the ability to flinch out of draw/reload. In my opinion when you hit the enemy archer you deserve to know that he can’t immediately shoot back.

But wasn’t that the whole point of this thread? You know, to inform that arrows and bolts still flinch bows and crossbows?

Am I missing something?

• @Kreittis:

But wasn’t that the whole point of this thread? You know, to inform that arrows and bolts still flinch bows and crossbows?

Am I missing something?

I got confused as well.