Declaration of War

• To mark a milestone with copious amounts of blood and gore; we the Knighthood, hereby challenge the heartiest of knights from across the land to face us in mortal combat.

Ok; so that’s a bit dramatic, sorry but Chivalry does that to me. So what’s it all about?

Well for starters, there’s meagre prize funds up for grabs but more importantly there’s pride at stake. Once upon a time we were quite good at this game. No idea exactly who will fight for our side or what shape they will be in on the night; pissed probably, disorganised definitely. But we will be there, ready to get our collective arse handed to us, all twenty six of us.

Yep; that’s right it’s 26 v 26 TO, sure it’s gonna be laggy, with the best will in the world it’s still gonna be laggy but who cares it’s going to be fun. Oh I see, you do care, well I guess this event isn’t for you. SimRai, our server host, have done their damnedest to get our 54 slot in the best shape possible. So it is what it is.

Still reading, great. The stuff you need to know is:-

The Battlefield
    Muster: Friday the 12th of September 2014 at 7pm British Summer Time (GMT + 1).
    KnH ~ Kempa’s Madhouse IP 77.246.174.116:7907 it’s based in London.
    Battle Commences: around 7.30pm
    We will make available a Team Speak channel for the opposing team, for those of you that want it.
    The event will be streamed live via our twitch and most of it will probably end up on our youtube channel as well.

Eligibility
    If you haven’t fought for the Knighthood then you are eligible. Obviously; ping is an issue, so anything over 150 on the day isn’t acceptable, sorry about that but we have to draw the line somewhere.

Rank definitely isn’t an issue, we will probably field a few noobs but I’d guess that most of us will be pretty decent, albeit very out of practice.

The Prize
    It’s simple; for every team that beats us, their board leader gets 15 of our Stirling pounds, with £5 quid going to second place. There will be five competition matches so, in theory, someone could walk away with £75. As if that wasn’t enough; the overall champion of the opposing team will get a free 24 slot server*, courtesy of SimRai.

Battlefield Etiquette
    Rules, what rules? First person or third who cares, you can even third person it with a stupid FOV if you absolutely want to look ridiculous. Feinting? Exploits? yeah why not, if you feel the need. The archer limit is seven a side but that’s it really. Bring your good name and your honour, we ask for no more.

Enter the Battle
    In order to sign up for the slaughter, you will need an Enjin account and guest status on our website (there’s a link in my sig). NB. Make sure you use your Steam/Chivalry name.

As a guest on the site, you will have access to the forums, where you will find the Declaration of War ~ Sign Up thread. The rest is self explanatory.

It’s first come first severed, oops sorry freudian slip, meant served.

Disclaimer
    Prize money will be paid via Pay Pal on the night.
    *Six month’s rental; 24 slot server, will feature SimRai in server description.
    Our decisions are final.

• Whoa! This sounds amazing. Chivalry really lacks these type of events.

Organised 26v26 TO is a big decision and probably lots of bullshit will happen, but I personally like the idea very much!

Mercenary knight at your service!

• oh shit 26v26 id love to record this lmao

assuming my pc doesnt crash

• @Reginhard:

courtesy of SimRai.

Best server host for CMW for sure.

@Reginhard:

Obviously; ping is an issue, so anything over 150 on the day isn’t acceptable, sorry about that but we have to draw the line somewhere.

Even Americans could join based on that.

@Vesanus:

Whoa! This sounds amazing. Chivalry really lacks these type of events.

It would be cool to do a Americas versus Europe event.

• @Vesanus:

Whoa! …… Mercenary knight at your service!

See you on the battlefield. So far, assuming decent opposition, I’d say that we are fucked. Still; it’s great that most of our newer members are up for the fight. Time for me to start pleading with our old guard.

Don’t think that the Muricans would get less than 150 ping on our 54 slot but if they can they are most welcome. To test it; the server is only ever packed to the rafters on Friday and Saturday nights UK pub chucking out times. It wasn’t intentional but I’m glad that Kempa’s Madhouse is the place for the drunk and disorderly.

• Again, I totally wish I could join.

What maps will there be? You say TO, but could there be other gamemodes as well? What about SDK maps?

• You will just have to be sensible about this ongoing predicament and move to Europe.

It’s just the vanilla maps TO, oh hang on, those plus Citadel.

• Signed up.

• @Planetus:

Signed up.

This. 12345678910

• Also, you guys should probably include a direct link to the Enjin thread to make it a bit more accessible for those who are lazy.

• HALP I was in KnH a while back, but I left and now I don’t have a guest tag so I can’t signup :c

• @Rekrab:

HALP I was in KnH a while back, but I left and now I don’t have a guest tag so I can’t signup :c

No worries pal; you fought well, rejoin the site and post your current rank and the class you will be using on the night in The Knighthood Needs You! thread.

• @Planetus:

Also, you guys should probably include a direct link to the Enjin thread to make it a bit more accessible for those who are lazy.

I’m not sure but I don’t think that it’s possible to post on our site if you haven’t got an Enjin account and joined the site. Joining the site automatically generates an Enjin account if that helps.

Still; because anyone who knows me will tell you that I have the technical savvy of a prepubescent lobster, here’s the link http://www.knighthood.eu/forum/m/8931920/viewthread/15036172-declaration-war-sign-up/post/last#last

• @Reginhard:

No worries pal; you fought well, rejoin the site and post your current rank and the class you will be using on the night in The Knighthood Needs You! thread.

I mean that I already have an account, it’s just that I don’t have any tag whatsoever so I cannot post on the thread.

• @Rekrab:

I mean that I already have an account, it’s just that I don’t have any tag whatsoever so I cannot post on the thread.

Are you sure that you still have a listing on the site? You don’t have to have a tag to be a guest. Everyone else managed to post in the Declaration of War ~ Sign Up thread without one. Guests get cleared off the site if they haven’t visited in the last four/five months.

Ps. We have also made it easier for people to sign up to fight against us. No more fiddly setting yourself to attending business, just make the post and if you are in the first twenty six you are in. We will be giving you the server and TS access details via the Mercenaries Against the Knighthood Stream Group. Don’t worry if you haven’t had an invite to the group, no one has yet, they will be going out soon.

• @Reginhard:

Are you sure that you still have a listing on the site? You don’t have to have a tag to be a guest. Everyone else managed to post in the Declaration of War ~ Sign Up thread without one. Guests get cleared off the site if they haven’t visited in the last four/five months.

I think the reason that people got to reply was because when they made an account they started off with a Guest tag, meanwhile I have no tag for some reason.

• @Rekrab:

I think the reason that people got to reply was because when they made an account they started off with a Guest tag, meanwhile I have no tag for some reason.

Nope they started exactly the same way you have. I really can’t think of any reason why you wouldn’t be able to post. Just to humour me try posting in the Declaration of War ~ Sign Up thread.

• @Reginhard:

Nope they started exactly the same way you have. I really can’t think of any reason why you wouldn’t be able to post. Just to humour me try posting in the Declaration of War ~ Sign Up thread.

I have no option to do so! :c
    I’m almost certain that when I first checked the thread, everyone that replied had a guest tag, maybe I’m wrong.

• For those of you that have been following the epic saga “Why Can’t Rekrab Post on Our Site” Here is your next thrilling episode….
    @Rekrab:

I have no option to do so! :c
    I’m almost certain that when I first checked the thread, everyone that replied had a guest tag, maybe I’m wrong.

Yep; you are wrong, rejoin the site and post your current rank and the class you will be using on the night in _The Knighthood Needs You! thread**.

**_

• There is a shield-swap stamina-free grunt sound-inducing “feint” that plays out the full swinging animation. You should probably make it very clear which “exploits” are allowed (innocent ones being stuff like reverse yoloverhead and CFTP). Unless you REALLY REALLY don’t care, haha.

Please record a video. I have doubts attackers will be successful in 26v26 TO, but I’d love to be proven wrong!