POLL: Add TO to Deadliest Warrior

• I am of two minds around this. On the one hand I think in general TO would add a lot to Deadliest Warrior.

However I would fear it would split the community even more so that find TO games would be harder.

I always laugh at people who say TO would be unbalanced in DW

1. Well who cares, the game is just for fun anyway, not like anyone ever setup a competition for DW.
    2. Some people might say oh it is balanced for one versus one but it cant be balanced for 8v8 or 12v12 - well that logic is flawed.
    3. DW LTS is hugely unbalanced - multiple teams with unbalanced numbers, not to mention a hide and seek game.

So the question is - is it worth it - should TBS add TO to DW?

• Not worth it. The only TO maps with enough space that could be ported over are Battlegrounds and Coldfront, maybe Hillside and Outpost too. But I doubt TB would port those maps because the maps in DW are all based on themes pertaining to the different characters. If TB were to add TO to DW it would take development time away from CMW which is actually alive.

• @Noxin:

Not worth it. The only TO maps with enough space that could be ported over are Battlegrounds and Coldfront, maybe Hillside and Outpost too. But I doubt TB would port those maps because the maps in DW are all based on themes pertaining to the different characters. If TB were to add TO to DW it would take development time away from CMW which is actually alive.

Why do the maps need to be bigger for DW? DW is just a mish mash anyway - not exactly immersive having a knight fight a pirate fight a ninja, I don’t see why it would not be fun to have 12v12 Dark Forest, Stoneshill etc. They could always impose class limits so you don’t have 12 pirates defending.

• What would happen is that everyone would switch to full time TO, all the servers, and it would suck because DW is clearly not designed around TO like MW is and the handful of people left in the game would quit because they would say how bad it is. It would just make the game look even more bad, especially to anyone trying it from MW. And they shouldn’t develop specific TO for DW because MW is more important.

• @gregcau:

Why do the maps need to be bigger for DW? DW is just a mish mash anyway - not exactly immersive having a knight fight a pirate fight a ninja, I don’t see why it would not be fun to have 12v12 Dark Forest, Stoneshill etc. They could always impose class limits so you don’t have 12 pirates defending.

Because of the movement speed. The maps in DW are all huge to accommodate the fast moving characters. Maps like Stoneshill and Dark Forest would be horribly cramped and there would be no space to move around.