Javelin lockout bug/bad design

• So something I noticed with the javelin is that if you get hit right after you throw you get put into a looongg flinch where you cant parry, resulting in certain death. You are locked out so long that a maul user doesn’t have to combo to get a second hit in. And no this isn’t mistaken for stamina drain. I think this is due to flinch interrupting the archers reload cycle or something causing it to repeat.

However if this is intentional, it really really isn’t fair since it basically doesn’t give you any chances to survive.
    Missing a throw and getting hit for it should be punishment enough considering how low an archers hp is. Being set up for an inevitable death is just overkill.

• I disagree, I think it should stay. Jav archers are absolute monsters and you should be punished for letting yourself get caught in melee like that. Especially since now javs are the only archer weapons that still flinch.

• @Noxin:

I disagree, I think it should stay. Jav archers are absolute monsters and you should be punished for letting yourself get caught in melee like that. Especially since now javs are the only archer weapons that still flinch.

So you’re saying a player should be punished for taking punishment from a mistake already? That’s basically like missing a swing during a trade and being flinched without the ability to parry afterwards. Why shouldn’t jav archers be allowed to make risky moves like that?

• @Hand:

So you’re saying a player should be punished for taking punishment from a mistake already? That’s basically like missing a swing during a trade and being flinched without the ability to parry afterwards. Why shouldn’t jav archers be allowed to make risky moves like that?

Because they have attacks the opponent can’t defend from. You can parry a sword, you can’t parry a javelin. Which btw will oneshot most classes to the head.

• @Hand:

Archers can deal massive amounts of damage, more than most melee weapons can without even engaging in melee. Especially heavy jav, that thing one shots Archers and MAA to the torso and takes out over half the health of both Knights and Vanguards to the torso.

Because of this massive advantage, they should also have a massive disadvantage when caught in melee after missing a throw. Anyway, the flinch doesn’t last long enough for a Maul to hit you twice without comboing that’s a large exaggeration.

• @Noxin:

I disagree, I think it should stay. Jav archers are absolute monsters and you should be punished for letting yourself get caught in melee like that. Especially since now javs are the only archer weapons that still flinch.

so we should keep gamebreaking bugs in the game because they are balanced?

• @Noxin:

the flinch doesn’t last long enough for a Maul to hit you twice without comboing that’s a large exaggeration.

No but any combo will kill you. Its not a huge deal, you just have to adjust and not try a last minute throw unless you are very confident it will kill them.

But it is frustrating that you are trapped in some code loop and basically paralyzed.

• this is a problem, you shouldn’t get punished 2 times for 1 mistake. You get hit once during the throw and then you should be able to defend just like anyone else. It takes 1 hit from many weapons to kill the archer, jav are usually more close range than bow archers. Even a charge attack hit that doesn’t kill can recover faster than you can from being hit during throw recovery of jav… it’s totally broken.

• meh, this happens if you switch weps as well, then you get hit, and you get the flinch from the attack and after that you get the weaponswitch flinch. As a javelineer you get the flinch from the weapon, then the reload of the javelin afterwards, which makes more sense as you have yet to take up another javelin even after you get hit.