Parrying Arrows

• If I could parry arrows I would never bitch about archers again. Ever. Played on one of those Lightsaber mod servers for a while and it was beautiful. What do people better than me at the game think of this? I’d like to hear some opinions.

• Yes please.

• It’d be way too easy to parry arrows unless they really changed how parrying works.

Would make shields almost completely redundant.

I’d prefer if they just made 15th century plate actually act like 15th century plate.

Deflecting all but the most powerful and specialized projectiles.

• @randomlvl40+:

It’d be way too easy to parry arrows unless they really changed how parrying works.

Would make shields almost completely redundant.

I’d prefer if they just made 15th century plate actually act like 15th century plate.

Deflecting all but the most powerful and specialized projectiles.

Then a MAA would never beat a knight, it would be sweet =D

On a more serious note, yeah, being able to parry arrows would reward skillfull gameplay, and end the problem of not being able to do anything about being shot at from half a mile away.

• I’m confused.

How would proper arrow resistance buff knights against MAA?

I didn’t mean a full on resistance buff to slashing/pierce.

MAA get close enough that they could “get through weak points in armor”.

Where an archer just takes a shot and hopes for the best.

• @randomlvl40+:

I’m confused.

How would proper arrow resistance buff knights against MAA?

I was refering to “15th century plate armor working like 15th century plate armor”.
    If that was the case, an unarmored soldier would have almost no chance of beating a soldier in full plate armor. But that’s not what this thread is about, so let’s not derail it any further please ^^

• Would be so sweet.

But alas, would also be too arcady.

On top of that, it’d be either too easy or simply impossible judging from the current poor arrow hit detection. (I’m talking about those arrows flying over your head doing full headshot damage 2 seconds later)

• not sure how it’dwork as arrows travel differently for the persons hooting them and everyone else. (Like when you see an arrow above you or somewhere else, not close to you and yet it hits)

• Maybe just allow blocking javs.

• @Xylvion:

not sure how it’dwork as arrows travel differently for the persons hooting them and everyone else. (Like when you see an arrow above you or somewhere else, not close to you and yet it hits)

Just spam rmb all the time and you’ll catch a lot of arrows. Sounds better than getting shot to me.

• I often find myself parrying whenever I see a surprise jav aimed at my face lol

• @KingWillie:

I often find myself parrying whenever I see a surprise jav aimed at my face lol

I do this as well…

• To a of people panic parry when something comes at their face. Really weird. Some of then even have shields on their back.

• @lemonater47:

Some of then even have shields on their back.

It’s like they use it for decoration.

To be fair though, my own faith in the projectile protection shields offer has diminished quite a bit recently, been eating HCB bolts and javs far too often when I go to shield bash them out of their fire/throwing pose, so maybe these turtlebro’s have the right idea.

+1 for parrying arrows that actually hit your weapon model, just for the novelty value.

• if you go shieldbash there is a brief moment they can clip through your shield and shoot you in the head

• @LTTLWLF:

It’s like they use it for decoration.

To be fair though, my own faith in the projectile protection shields offer has diminished quite a bit recently, been eating HCB bolts and javs far too often when I go to shield bash them out of their fire/throwing pose, so maybe these turtlebro’s have the right idea.

+1 for parrying arrows that actually hit your weapon model, just for the novelty value.

Shield bash doesn’t shield you man, it counts as an attack so stop doing that this instant. The shield turns into air when you shield bash and you can’t flinch a jav during their throw wind up.

• @DokB:

Shield bash doesn’t shield you man, it counts as an attack so stop doing that this instant. The shield turns into air when you shield bash and you can’t flinch a jav during their throw wind up.

Not true, you can still catch distant projectiles on the shield during bash, and you can heavy kick/bash a jav back into idle if they’re propped for release (ie- have the javelin raised to throw). Zombojoe’s suggestion is far more likely, and far more annoying.

#fixourfoknshields

Also that signature quote is legit the best thing I’ve seen on the forums zombo

• Shields are great, if you keep getting shot by arrows and bolts when using a shield you need to be a little more evasive, only the best archers should be able to to hit you.

• @DokB:

It turns into air only against melee attacks but it still shields against projectiles. I shieldbash wannabe shotgun xbow archers all the time because there really isn’t a a better way to ensure that the little bugger doesn’t take 90% of your health off.

• @Kreittis:

It turns into air only against melee attacks but it still shields against projectiles. I shieldbash wannabe shotgun xbow archers all the time because there really isn’t a a better way to ensure that the little bugger doesn’t take 90% of your health off.

^

Except I’m being shot through the shield during the bash.

¯_(ツ)_/¯