Who here is against 3rd person use.

• 3rd person is good for footwork, and dodging. First person is good for precision, and dragging. I know good players that play in first, and good players that play in third.

• 3rd person is good for running around in circles, sniffing the ground, lookup overheads behind you etc all while you can see approaching enemies from any side.

• @gregcau:

3rd person is good for running around in circles, sniffing the ground, lookup overheads behind you etc all while you can see approaching enemies from any side.

I mean i dont like 3rd person simply because it takes the fun out of the game. I mean this is a first person slasher and 3rd person does give you a visual advantage which why I am glad in real tournaments and alot of servers its banned. When I express my opinion in game people get all mad because they dont want to admit there getting easy kills pretty much when there is a mob of people fighting. I even got kicked one time because I said i dont like 3rd person. If you want 3rd person go play world of warcraft as some player said earlier today.

• @gregcau:

3rd person is good for running around in circles, sniffing the ground, lookup overheads behind you etc all while you can see approaching enemies from any side.

I know several people that play in first person, and do exactly what you just described. So no.

• In my experience, third person people are those who use the most annoying tactics- constant lookdowning, weird twitches, spins and running in circles. You CAN do that in first person and some people do, but it’s far more riskier since you can’t see as much. Myself I play exclusively in first person, the disadvantages be damned. Third person just takes the immersion right out of this game for me. But I don’t hate people who use third person, no. Whatever floats your boat.

• @TheMightyAltroll:

I know several people that play in first person, and do exactly what you just described. So no.

Of course, but much much easier in 3rd person, the increased awareness of enemies around you is a huge advantage once you can parry as well in 3rd person as 1st person - which does not take long to learn. The only slight disadvantage is that sometimes the character model obscures view of a windup.

• Maybe a close, fixed, over-the-shoulder view would have worked better than a true third-person for this game, but even that seems kind of unnatural.

• I know a player than can beat me in first person, and I know a player than can beat me in third. Me? I use both.

• I don’t like third personally because it gives you a disadvantage in extreme close combat. Specifically, your model can block view of the attack and make blocking it more difficult/impossible/100% guesswork.

• I never understood this debate, you can use both, its not like player a is only allowed to use 1st and player b, 3rd…. Learn to use both, you’ll be a better overall player.

• Europe at least has a few good 1st person only servers, where everyone is equal. I love those. It also reduces the amout of bullshit tactics like running away in between attacks or hilarious 360 twitching spin drags, because those are harder to pull off without the extra vision and awareness that the 3rd person provides. That makes the game more enjoyable overall.

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!