Handheld repeating xbow!

• just a thought. how about a handheld shortranged repeating crossbow for the archers? i know just the very thought of such a weapon speaks overpowered to most peoples minds i would assume but if it were short ranged, had a 5 round magazine and did the damage of a short sword stab and the bolts were perhaps parryable it could be both fun and viable!

• It would be rediculous and nothing of the sort ever existed in the medieval/renaissance period.

• @Sir:

It would be rediculous and nothing of the sort ever existed in the medieval/renaissance period.

It did.

But it was pathetically weak. Often it would barely piece the skin, hence they usually poison tipped the bolts.

But Western armor…hah, it wouldn’t even dent it.

• oh well since its so rediculous i guess i wont post anymore nonsense! but seriously, i mean we already have historical inaccuracies, why do you want perfection now? i dont hear you complaining about other such ideas. i just thought it wuld be interesting to have a light damage but fast firing weapon for archers up close, as i said maybe shortsword or even dagger damage but blockable, thats not so rediculous and far fetched. i mean we have people already destroying knights as maa or archer with their fists, now THATS rediculous…

• And that is going to be fixed.

I don’t mind some unrealistic elemtents. I do mind complete fabrications.

• To complete Mkillbride, here is a link referencing the chu-ko-nu. It’s been used for nearly 2000 years but, as Mkillbride also said, it had little to no piercing power, making it a little dull in the context of chivalry.

• Not to mention it never existed in medieval Europe or even the middle east.