Every clash I have with someone is a stalemate.

• Every single time I clash with a person, it’s the same damn thing. I swing, they block, they swing, I block, I swing, they block, then 4 of their teammates come and butt **** me simultaneously. I’ve done duels and I’m definitely better at them than the regular game. Generally, I lose, but I get in some hits / sometimes win. In team vs team it’s terrible for me. I usually go 0 / 14 unless I sneak up on an archer from behind. But whenever I get into a melee battle there is absolutely NO CHANCE of me surviving unless the other person misses a block. I’ve tried all the tactics taught to me in the training. Sneaking around and overheading. Feinting and slashing. Kicking a knight’s shield and going in for the stab. I just don’t understand what I’m doing wrong! I’ve tried all the classes. According to my friend who is OP as shit in the game helped me set them up, and out of all my class combos they seem like the easiest to play.

[Man At Arms: Broadsword, Short Sword, Heater Shield ]
    [Vanguard: Greatsword, Axe, Throwing Axes ]
    [Knight: Greatsword, Broadsword, Tower Shield. ]
    _

Can anyone tell me what I’m doing wrong? Everyone can always swing faster than me too. The second after someone parries they hit me with a slash, even if it’s a knight or vanguard. I’ve never been able to swing so fast off a block, the game just doesn’t let me.

Please help! my K/D is desperate!_

• Well clearly you’re not utilizing dragging or feints very well. Knights don’t have Greatsword btw.

The thing you’re talking about in the 2nd last paragraph is called a riposte.
    I recommend you to watch these videos:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1oSCVt4bxJSM3aBf20kQrw

• It’s really common to see amongst players.
    It sounds like you’re just not paying attention to your own team.

If you are unable to deal with 2-3 guys simultaniously, then constantly stick with your team.
    (Unless they produce typical pub-idiot behavior like abandoning the objective for 1 archer)

• Watch this clip by Yarnu The Dog:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaoQ15xy32I

He explains basically what you are missing.

Yarnu often gets very good KDR in Team modes, mainly because of his strategy.

Basically, at a guess, your problem is likely that you get blinkers on and feel you have to kill everyone who attacks you, or who you attack. That is the method to get a pretty average KDR (although you can still score high through raw damage output, 36/31 in a round for example). It sounds like if you continue to progress down the path you are taking that is your likely outcome.
    So change the way you think about team matches and how you fight in them. Yarnu’s video above will help that if you pay attention to what he is saying.

Good luck.

• Also, most decent players can block any simple attack. So if you aren’t getting fancy, expect to be there a while or get killed.

So get use to: Feinting, Dragging, Look-downing, Reverse-overheading, Rainbowing, and any other technique that will get nubs to mistime their blocks. And if you are some kind of purist who doesn’t want to do “lvl 50 exploit techniques”, then get a buddy and learn the art of DP.

• Some tips on handling multiple opponents…

For 2 enemies;

• Start backing away from them while you pick one of them you’re going to defend against and parry their attacks. Riposte from this onto the other enemy. Repeat until you’ve got only one enemy to face. This works because ripostes are faster than normal attacks and difficult to interrupt due to shorter wind-up time.
    • It’s a good idea to block the stronger weapon and riposte onto the enemy with weaker armour. This can sometimes work with 3 opponents and you might get lucky enough to drag your riposte through two enemies at once, but it’s much harder.

For more than 2 enemies;

• Option 1 - retreat to your allies or a position where they can only take you on 1 or 2 at a time. For best results, only venture into enemy territory with allies present.

• Option 2 - If you’re surrounded, start running between them and start a combo and don’t stop. Change direction frequently and keep swinging into them.

For attacking an enemy (single or groups) with allies present;

• If there’s already 2 or 3 allies on a single enemy, stay out of it. Too many opportunities to hit your allies.

• When attacking an opponent with an ally, let your ally strike, then time your attacks so the opponent can’t parry both at once. Bonus points for trying to get on either side of an opponent (called flanking) so they have a more difficult time seeing both of you.

• Stay out of mass melee until you improve. Hover at the edges and look for enemies to distract or pick off wounded opponents.

General tips;

• Always use overheads or thrusts when your allies are close. Don’t left-mouse-button slash unless you’re alone against the enemy.

• find someone wearing a Gold (rank 50+) or Black (rank 40+) helmet on your team and follow them around. Watch what they do, cover their back, and try not to hit them or get in their way. These guys know what they’re doing and will appreciate the help and return the favour if you don’t team kill them. They may even throw some advice at you.

• avoid Gold or Black helmet opponents; these guys will eat you. Probably best to avoid the Silver helmets, too (rank 30+)

• In Team Objective, play the objective, not the opponents. Don’t chase down individuals or get caught up in sideline battles; you’ll find plenty of opposition at the objective.

• @Reithur:

• find someone wearing a Gold (rank 50+) or Black (rank 40+) helmet on your team and follow them around. Watch what they do, cover their back, and try not to hit them or get in their way. These guys know what they’re doing and will appreciate the help and return the favour if you don’t team kill them. They may even throw some advice at you.

Let me elaborate here.

If you are going to help a skilled player, you need to do it the right way.
    1.) ONLY do stabs, to minimize your chance of hitting your own guy.
    2.) Don’t stand directly opposite of him if your weapon is long, because you may accidentally stab through your opponent and hit him which will piss him off.
    3.) Best place to stand would be in between directly opposite and directly on top of him. You and your buddy should make like a 90 degree angle to your opponent, then move from there as needed.

• @ChuckingIt:

Let me elaborate here.

If you are going to help a skilled player, you need to do it the right way.
    1.) ONLY do stabs, to minimize your chance of hitting your own guy.
    2.) Don’t stand directly opposite of him if your weapon is long, because you may accidentally stab through your opponent and hit him which will piss him off.
    3.) Best place to stand would be in between directly opposite and directly on top of him. You and your buddy should make like a 90 degree angle to your opponent, then move from there as needed.

4.) Don’t stand directly behind him because space behind your back is super important if you are forced to defensive position.

Nothing pisses me off more than braindead teammates blocking my escape route when shit hits the fan. Or maybe archers do but blocking my back is deffo one thing that really grinds my gears.

• @Kreittis:

4.) Don’t stand directly behind him because space behind your back is super important if you are forced to defensive position.

Nothing pisses me off more than braindead teammates blocking my escape route when shit hits the fan. Or maybe archers do but blocking my back is deffo one thing that really grinds my gears.

Good point. I often don’t block because I know all the weapon ranges, and if I a player take a swing out of range, I’ll often take a small step backwards to avoid the hit. So if I step back, and am blocked by some D nozzle, then I’ll get upset.

• @ChuckingIt:

Good point. I often don’t block because I know all the weapon ranges, and if I a player take a swing out of range, I’ll often take a small step backwards to avoid the hit. So if I step back, and am blocked by some D nozzle, then I’ll get upset.

Who still backpedals these days. Matrixing is foolproof in pubs.

Unless you weren’t talking about pubs, in which case you should have a serious sitdown with your clanmates about not standing right behind you.

• @Rickvs:

Unless you weren’t talking about pubs, in which case you should have a serious sitdown with your clanmates about not standing right behind you.

Unless you are too close and need to step back but some dinky ass LMBguard blocks your path and you die due to team damage and enemy damage at the same time.

• @Rickvs:

I’m just going to write this response off as troll talk and ignore it in the hopes that new people don’t listen to you.

• Pretty much everything you guys mentioned is in Yarnu’s Video. Just watch those.

• @Rickvs:

I usually backpedal dodgy MAAs which seems to piss them off and just rush in, hue.

• Lol of course it was a troll post, it even started with “Who still backpedals these days”. Glad at least someone got the clue.

But in all seriousness I do think that matrixing is considerably underused.
    The most common “gangbangs” I witness is when one guy can’t backpedal for whatever reason and then tries a halfass duck under the first strike and sprints away from the confrontation.

• Ugh, so irritating when​I’m tryna back up but some idiot behind me won’t fuckin move.

• I would rather my teammate just stand behind me blocking my way.

It beats the alternative where they are swinging through me trying and failing to hit the guy in front of me.

• One of the things I love doing as a shield user is running in between an enemy and a teammate that is about to get hit and block the attack. It is especially wonderful when the enemy is a vanguard trying to combo through multiple enemies and you just end his glee right then and there.

“You have my shield brother!” I want that as a voice command!