Game slows pc memory until crash

• Greetings i am having a this problem for a while now but at first after each game session i could not do anything on pc for a few minutes because everything didn’t work like i had no memory, right clicking took seconds i couldnt open folders,files,broswer and the ones opened almost crashed now the game just crashes after a few minutes of play and after i get the same slow down. Also the game starts up so slow like almost a minute.

• Posting your current system (CPU, RAM, VGA, free disk space, OS) would help to know if it’s something to be expected or not.

What in-game settings are you using? (high, mid, low, etc)

Have you tried 32 bit mode? It helps a lot with performance on older CPUs (Core2Duo era and from that time) but it may also improve your experience if your computer is not that old, especially on opening the game, closing it, alt-tabbing and changing maps.

• Well if its a memory issue surely 64 bit would be the way to go.

• Athlon dual core II X2 250 3.00 GHZ
    4gb RAM
    AMD Radeon HD 6670
    Windows 7 64b
    I have tried 32 bits but everything went slower actually,the game ran fine, since they added the launcher things started slowing down.
    Settings are between medium and high, i have a constant 60 fps its the the crashes and slowdowns after the game exits is what is annoying

• Athlon dual core II X2 250 3.00 GHZ
    4gb RAM
    AMD Radeon HD 6670
    Windows 7 64b
    I have tried 32 bits but everything went slower actually,the game ran fine, since they added the launcher things started slowing down.
    Settings are between medium and high, i have a constant 60 fps its the the crashes and slowdowns after the game exits is what is annoying

• Lol you have my old CPU. That CPU at least for me had severe overheating issues. As in touching 90 degrees centigrade. My computer semi shutdown with the fans still going occasionally. Which means the temperature if the CPU hit 100 degrees. Though it still worked fine which was strange. My case burned your hands.

Is your CPU overheating?

• @SirLongarm91:

Athlon dual core II X2 250 3.00 GHZ
    4gb RAM
    AMD Radeon HD 6670
    Windows 7 64b

Hm, that’s not state-of-the-art computing but it should work better.
    A friend of mine experienced this issue with a similar setup and the 32 bit mode helped him a great deal. What really did it for him, however, was reinstalling Windows as he hadn’t done a clean install in over 3 years and the whole PC felt very sluggish.
    Before doing that, he’d notice weird issues like the .NET Framework trying to reinstall/update everytime he launched Chivalry (and therefore, the launcher) and other stuff.

I think this is kept up-to-date in most PCs, but I’d try installing it just in case: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851

Also, if you don’t plan to ever run Deadliest warrior, you could try a workaround to see if the Launcher plays any role (I don’t it will do much, but who knows). Access your Chiv’s properties on Steam, go to the Launch parameters and add “-cmw”. That will bypass the Launcher and start Chiv immediately.

If you haven’t done a clean install in a long while, I suggest you try it, eventually.

• You could always just make a shortcut on the desktop if you do plan on playing deadliest warrior as well. That too bypasses the launcher. Provided you don’t make a shortcut of the launcher lol.

• maybe worth maybe running task manager first and leaving it on performance tab (or a better option, running a perfmon trace with a few counters for cpu/memory/disk queue depth etc.,)

Likewise as mentioned above, a tool for recording cpu temp

Although if overheating I’d expect it to occur in any game that stresses the cpu/gfx - so if you have something meaty like skyrim, running that in high and seeing if the same slow down occurs would point to something physical