• still ruins the game

its effect is still felt

it still exists

torn banner hotfix pls

rip chivalry june 2013

rip maa balance june 2013

rip vanguard balance june 2013

• remove sprint lockout when?

• impossible to fight maa’s, feint to parry and cftp window still not reverted to what it used to be, pls why god why

• @Psyfon:

impossible to fight maa’s, feint to parry and cftp window still not reverted to what it used to be, pls why god why

MAA just need to lose dodge. That’s their damn problem.

• MAA was fine when CFTP was the bomb and you had forward chase as well

• sorry chuck, but zombojoe is right. dodge is part of maa its what makes him unique. game just needs to be fixed instead of removing features. dodge is fine, cftp isnt good enough and forward chase helped you fight maa’s too.

• also team flinch. why dont teammates flinch eachother. shit is so gay. herds of vanguards windmilling through eachother barely dealing any damage to eachother and not interrupting eachothers attacks. how was this not ever forseen as a bad change and why was it never fixed since?

• well lets see

no sprint lockout meant you could run farther in the same timeframe when chasing MAAs due to not having to decelerate to walking speed and then having to accelerate to full speed

cftp cost less stamina, because of lower feint stamina cost and parrying cost less stamina as well which mean that you could compete with maa in the cftp vs dodge stamina war

cftp also had a longer feint window meaning that you were safe to parry for much longer

forward chase prevented MAAs from dodging backwards forever while regening stamina and hp

instant hp regen by tapping sprint gave defensive players a huge advantage, knights could literally walk backwards after parrying and get their hp back as a delay play, forcing the MAA to actually have to go on the offensive otherwise the knight would heal back any damage he took

MAA footspeed was buffed at one point for who knows what reason

so what was balanced in return?

increased dodge stamina cost by 5

rip chivalry

• yup. its a sad thing.

• Going to have to change my mind here.

After thinking about it for a bit and after all the time put in after the patches, Forward Chase, Stamina changes and making dodge cost 25 stamina is most likely the easiest way to make things better than what they are.

Forward chase will help against ridiculous Vanguard knockback if they decide to leave that unchanged, but mainly it will allow most classes to keep up with the back dodging MaA. YOU NEED TO MAKE SURE THAT DODGE INTERUPTS HP REGEN TORN BANNER. ALSO FIX BYPASSING FLINCH AND RECOVERY WITH DODGE PLEASE.

Stamina is a big issue because there simply isn’t enough of it. Weapons like Poleaxe which basically require you to Combo Feint after every attack so you won’t get hit in recovery need more stamina to work with. After you’ve done something with stamina, weapon balance can be looked at. I still believe Greatsword, Brandi and Messer need nerfs first and foremost.

Dodge costing 25 stamina is still needed I think. Only the worst MaA spam the dodge after every attack and yet it’s too effective. Having 4 dodges should stamina stun these fools quickly and forward chase should allow people to again keep up with the MaA. Making it cost more stamina to dodge should also push MaA towards using footwork and being good at parrying instead of relying on dodge, making dodge more a last chance sort of skill which eats a lot of stamina.

• another big thing about sprint lockout is that MAAs accelerate to full speed much faster than other classes while knights take much longer

sprint lockout made all the shorter weapons pretty garbage as a knight because you’ll just get kited and you’ll have to cftp way too often to prevent being hit in recovery

• The entire game is based on a yellow bar in the bottom left of the screen… whole meta revolves around the ever shrinking yellow bar. What do you expect?

• @zombojoe:

MAA footspeed was buffed at one point for who knows what reason

Well, that one guy who’s username I don’t remember and who was in balance council demanded that dodge should be nerfed and MAA footspeed increased.

Well, TBS didn’t nerf the dodge back then but they buffed the footspeed.

• @Kreittis:

Well, that one guy who’s username I don’t remember and who was in balance council demanded that dodge should be nerfed and MAA footspeed increased.

Well, TBS didn’t nerf the dodge back then but they buffed the footspeed.

“Dodge speed reduced by 10%
    .3 cooldown on dodge.
    Dodge disabled during windup and release.
    Attacking disabled for the first half of dodge (attacks will queue instead.)”

You’re right though. They didn’t nerf dodge.

• Remember dodging forward and attack at the same time for super range insta-hits lol, good times.

• @Karasu:

“Dodge speed reduced by 10%
    .3 cooldown on dodge.
    Dodge disabled during windup and release.
    Attacking disabled for the first half of dodge (attacks will queue instead.)”

You’re right though. They didn’t nerf dodge.

Did these changes happen before, after or at the same time as footspeed increase?

And thanks for reminding me of the old and even more broken dodge, glad that got sorted out.

• @Kreittis:

Did these changes happen before, after or at the same time as footspeed increase?

And thanks for reminding me of the old and even more broken dodge, glad that got sorted out.

Ya same time in June 2013. Right under the dodge changes:

“Base speed increased by 10
    Sprint acceleration increased by 33%”

Also, you’ll get a kick out of this (I actually forgot about this): Firepot damage from 7 per second to 6 per second.
    Firepot ground fire now ignites players who walk over it for 2 seconds.

RIP every pub king ever

• @Karasu:

Also, you’ll get a kick out of this (I actually forgot about this): Firepot damage from 7 per second to 6 per second.
    Firepot ground fire now ignites players who walk over it for 2 seconds.

Well, that wasn’t really a nerf, it just heavily changed how oil pots work. After that change oil pots do a loads of damage if you actually stand on the fire, previously it wasn’t a big deal at all and only getting set on fire really hurt.

• @Kreittis:

Well, that wasn’t really a nerf, it just heavily changed how oil pots work. After that change oil pots do a loads of damage if you actually stand on the fire, previously it wasn’t a big deal at all and only getting set on fire really hurt.

Well no I was implying that it was a buff. Firepots have been absurd since then.

• firepots were broken as fuck in the beta