Severe frame drops in Chivalry: Medieval Warfare

• Hey Guys,

From what I can gather, ever since the major update from about 1-2 months ago (inclusive of the cold front and outpost maps / barbarian skins) I’ve noticed huge frame drops. Prior to this update, I had a pretty consistent 62 frames throughout all my games. Here are my relevant computer specs;

CPU: i5 2500 3.3ghz
    GPU: GTX 560 1GB
    MEMORY: 8GB Kingston RAM
    SSD: Intel 520 120GB
    PSU: Hytec 850W

The strange thing about the frames is that regardless of the settings and resolution the game is running at, I still get the same frames - Most maps will fluctuate anywhere between 20-62 frames, it’s incredibly inconsistent. I asked another player what frames he was getting and he said a perfect 62 at pretty much all times, and his system is comparable to mine - i5 2500K and a GTX 570 1GB. I also recently re-installed the game and graphics drivers to see if that would fix the problem, but unfortunately it hasn’t.

If anyone has any ideas on how to fix the problem that would be great.

Thanks.

• Makes sure you don’t have V-sync enable, or that your nvidia control panel has it forced on.

• Hey DaGGyzo, thanks for the reply.

I’ve forced the Nvidia control panel to disable V-sync, and I have disabled it in game too, however the issues are still present. Have you heard of this problem before? As I’ve stated above, regardless of what changes I make to the settings in game it has no affect on my frame rate. Do you think that it may be an issue unique to the Nvidia control panel? Do you have any other suggestions?

I appreciate your help, thanks!

• Hello Harold,

During your next play session can you open up the console with " `" (tilde) and type in “stat unitgraph” and make not of what is red besides the fps.

• @DaGGyzo:

Hello Harold,

During your next play session can you open up the console with " `" (tilde) and type in “stat unitgraph” and make not of what is red besides the fps.

Hey DaGGyzo,

I had a similar problem to Harold.

I followed your advice and opened “stat unitgraph”. Nothing turns red except for frame, which jumps into the hundreds, with occasional spikes in GPU. My drivers are up to date.

• Apologies for the delay,

Like Waveofbabies, my ‘stat unit graph’ doesn’t illustrate major drops into the red - They occasionally go into the yellow however. I took four screen shots across moments in the games, none of which were full 24/24 or 32/32 games but it gives a general idea of my performance. The first section was on Stoneshill, the second and third was on Battlegrounds on the last was on Dark Forest. The servers were at around 50-80% capacity.

Frame: 22.74 | 45.31 (Yellow) | 23.11 | 22.14
    Game: 11.19 | 13.13 | 9.73 | 9.59
    Draw: 19.77 | 43.21 (Yellow) | 23.05 | 21.60
    GPU: 21.69 | 27.87 | 20.02 | 19.54

I assume that it’s normal for when I immediately respawn and there is a massive tank in performance for about 3-5 seconds, as all stats goes into the red. General drops during fights and gameplay from what I can tell is when there are obvious light affects and a lot of players and rag dolls on the screen. Given my specs though, is it normal for my system to be performing this badly?