Make chiefs playable in outpost

• hello ladies, furries, and great warriors. this is not my original idea although i do like it (it was suggested in the in-game chat): make the chiefs (or whatever theyre called) on the last objective for the mason side on the level outpost playable, instead of suck ass bots/npc’s. maybe the top 2 or 3 (or however many chiefs there are) players on the mason side can play as as the chiefs, and when they die they respawn as a normal player back in the fight. plz!

• or make the ai gud :>

• @Rekrab:

or make the ai gud :>

i think it would be fun to play as the chiefs, and no extra work has to be done on programming better ai.

• The chiefs would all group together on the tower. It would just make the entire objective a bigger mess than it is.

Human chiefs would be OP, as humans are far better than bots. It takes an entire army to kill one king, let alone 4 and a tower.

• @Skindiacus:

The chiefs would all group together on the tower. It would just make the entire objective a bigger mess than it is.

Human chiefs would be OP, as humans are far better than bots. It takes an entire army to kill one king, let alone 4 and a tower.

sounds like a challenge!

• then chiefs would camp at the tower so why not remove them all together

• That or just better AI in general. The chiefs seem pretty pointless right now.

• I think a more responsive AI would be sufficient enough.

It would be nice to see the AI Chieftains be receptive to some commands on the ‘Tactical Message’ list such as ‘Follow me’ & ‘Hold your ground’. (Mandatory)

Also ‘Retreat’ could send them running back to their spawn points and ‘Go for the Objective’ could send them to the tower. (Optional)

Enemy team could even use ‘Taunt’ from ‘Personal Message’ list for a chance to lure them away from their tactical commands and toward the taunting enemy. To alleviate potential abuse this would require 3 taunts in a row without being reset by a tactical command. (Food for thought)

• @Caliko:

It would be nice to see the AI Chieftains be receptive to some commands on the ‘Tactical Message’ list such as ‘Follow me’ & ‘Hold your ground’. (Mandatory)

Oh gods, the mental image of a chieftain being shepherded around by a bunch of Mason underlings like an absent-minded old lady at a retirement home.

• The problem with the AI is that it does one thing, every single time. You get close, it will attack and attack and attack and attack. So once you hit it once, you just keep comboing it until it’s death. Simple as that, provided you are not a gumby you can kill it without a problem every single time.

• ye my catapult wants them all grouping at the tower

• or remove the map from rotation.

• I actually enjoy the map.

• outpost and coldfront drain my will to play

• I like the last stage of Outpost and I like the second stage of Coldfront.

Even though I am totally against an objective where you have to defend 4 dumb as dog shit AI, it plays out surprisingly well and trying to capture the tower/fort is fun.

• I love how they try to make every map have really unique objectives, but since they made it so that you have to do both obj on this map, I just don’t think AI fits very well in general for this kind of game. It always comes down to the tower, anyway, so maybe remove the chieftans and just remove time from the tower to compensate.

• You know what, why limit ourselves to better chieftain AI? How about better bots?

I think we need better bots.

• @DokB:

I like the last stage of Outpost and I like the second stage of Coldfront.

Even though I am totally against an objective where you have to defend 4 dumb as dog shit AI, it plays out surprisingly well and trying to capture the tower/fort is fun.

I think the second part is really cool, pushing the cart. The area is awesome, Masons hiding n popping outta the bushes n shit, the whole part just feels cool to me. Like marauders coming all outta the forest n shit, just badass. And then yes, it always comes down to the tower defense, that’s the best part.

• I like all of outpost. I think it is a fine map. I was totally happy when TB spent some of their precious time popping a flag on the fort (whilst not fixing anything else, trololol).

Seriously, I do like that map.

Coldfront I don’t like, except for the last objective as Agatha, only because of how hard it is. It’s a real accomplishment to make it to the boat.

• That whole second and third stage bugs me. You’ve got bushes that you can hide in, but then I discovered that people who run on medium or lower graphics can spot anyone hiding in them from 10 years away made me sad. And the objectives themselves don’t even make much sense, deliver supplies down this road, only to get ambushed, only to break out and suddenly capture a village and kill the chieftains? Too muddled for my liking. Worst camping trip ever.

Coldfront last stage with the King escape is great because it always manages to create some great gameplay or really funny stuff. Whether it’s that chaotic scramble the King has to go through when leaving the fortrtess, or the king being splatted by a catapult or ballista. Funny stuff.