Fix unflinchable ripostes

• Yes we want one vs many to be more possible and we want more options. But allowing players to completly cheese their way to victory wasn’t asked for. Maybe add a ght windup time as in very slight within the riposte so that perfectly timed attacks will flinch the riposte attack? Note, should be perfectly timed as in I hit him before his riposte animation even starts up. As of now you can clearly see your attack hit him right after your teammate attacks him and a random release state will pop out of nowhere instantly hit trading.

• Even if it’s 2v1, you just need to make sure you are wary of the riposte. Just be careful when following up a team mates attack with your own and always combo feint to parry if he ripostes just to be safe. If he doesn’t riposte then your combo feint alone will probably be enough to make him parry early and you have him again.

2v1 is already heavily in favour of the 2 outnumbering players. No need to make it any more so.

And what do you mean “as of now”? It’s been like this for quite some time.

• @DokB:

Even if it’s 2v1, you just need to make sure you are wary of the riposte. Just be careful when following up a team mates attack with your own and always combo feint to parry if he ripostes just to be safe. If he doesn’t riposte then your combo feint alone will probably be enough to make him parry early and you have him again.

2v1 is already heavily in favour of the 2 outnumbering players. No need to make it any more so.

And what do you mean “as of now”? It’s been like this for quite some time.

Unflinchable ripostes are just dumb, if I follow up on my teammate and back him up why should my opponent just be able to cheese his way out and hit trade during the time he should be experiencing flinch? Encourage smarter gameplay, not crutchy gimmicky gameplay.

Also doesn’t it just make sense that the larger group will have the advantage lol. The lone wolf doesn’t need instant hit trade super cheese mechanics to compete.

• No. Ripostes should never be flinchable.

• @SOC:

No. Ripostes should never be flinchable.

Why not? If it’s only from perfectly timed and well coordinated and planned out attacks. It will make the game more competitive and genuine instead of a perpetual cheese fest. Hit trades are encouraged enough already.

• 1vX is plenty doable and is really fun because it is difficult. If you make it trivial then meh, the game would be super stale.

• @Toll:

1vX is plenty doable and is really fun because it is difficult. If you make it trivial then meh, the game would be super stale.

I also agree with this, but to re-emphasise my point instant hit trade no matter what just isn’t the way to go, and fails to reward smart and tactical team coordination

• @Huggles:

should be experiencing flinch?

He would have had to parry to perform a riposte, so he wouldn’t be flinched?

Besides, if you successfully parry an attack, the ball is now in your court. Why should the 2 aggressors be given the ability to deny any type of counterattack by flinching a riposte when they threw away the initiative by allowing him to parry in the first place?
    You said it yourself, reward smarter gameplay and team coordination. Smarter coordination would involve not throwing away the initiative by giving him a successful parry, and not running in to strike when you know a riposte is coming your way, or at least being prepared to comboparry or CftP if you time your attacks too closely together.

Position yourselves properly, feint, combofeint, drag, bait a riposte from out of range, play smart.

I know about the comboing out of riposte bug that needs to be fixed, but denying the riposte altogether with an endless flinch fest is stupid.

• Someone already made a poll about this and majority was in favour of keeping unflinchable ripostes.

• I’m in favor of keeping it as is. You know it’s been this way for a while now right? As everyone else said 2v1 situations are hard enough as is no need to make them any more difficult.

• Winning 1v2 is now considered cheesing? lel.

• @dudeface:

Winning 1v2 is now considered cheesing? lel.

Anything that kills me is cheesing. The game should be changed so that I always win, no matter how stupid decisions I make.

PS: RIP parry during riposte.

• @dudeface:

Winning 1v2 is now considered cheesing? lel.

If you can directly quote me on that, I will personally uninstall and disband my clan. I said that hit trade spam is cheesing, hit trade spam in nearly every scenario is cheesing. However it is glaringly easy when you cannot be flinched. Most of the time the 1 will still lose he just ends up inflicting bullshit damage that would have otherwise not occured had this game actually rewarded coordinated play.

• 2v1ing is 2hard for huggles

• @rumpelstiltskin:

2v1ing is 2hard for huggles

No not at all actually lol. I just thing unflinchable anything is bullshit because not only does it sound gimmicky it looks broken as hell when you hit someone and you seem some half added animation come Rollin out of his blood. Not saying this flinch time should be large, but if I clearly hit him before thr animation starts up or literally the moment it does start up he should be flinched.

• @Huggles:

If you can directly quote me on that, I will personally uninstall and disband my clan. I said that hit trade spam is cheesing, hit trade spam in nearly every scenario is cheesing. However it is glaringly easy when you cannot be flinched. Most of the time the 1 will still lose he just ends up inflicting bullshit damage that would have otherwise not occured had this game actually rewarded coordinated play.

Solution: don’t attack someone who is riposting.

Instead you can:

• Parry his riposte and riposte him back.
    • Parry his riposte and not riposte back.
    • Feint to parry if you are already attacking.
    • Depending on his weapon, use your reach to attack him while he ripostes air.
    • Flank him properly.
    • Throw axes/knives at him.
    • Act as a distraction and let your team kill him while he tries to riposte you.

You can PayPal my £$100€c coaching fee later.

• @Kreittis:

Solution: don’t attack someone who is riposting.

Instead you can:

• Parry his riposte and riposte him back.
    • Parry his riposte and not riposte back.
    • Feint to parry if you are already attacking.
    • Depending on his weapon, use your reach to attack him while he ripostes air.
    • Flank him properly.
    • Throw axes/knives at him.
    • Act as a distraction and let your team kill him while he tries to riposte you.

You can PayPal my £$100€c coaching fee later.

Or we can not have an animation come out of someone’s arsed while he is suffering from punctures wounds he just received before his animation came close to starting.

Ah yes sir. Where do I make this transaction out to. I hope you know I need your social security number and passwords to all your accounts to give this money sir.

• “Solution: Don’t attack anyone who is close to a teammate.” That’s what I keep hearing.
    I can’t believe the retarded poll results I got, tbh.

Way to dumb the game down. “1v2 is hurd, i can’t tiem my reposties, gib me unflinchable attack plåx”

• @B4RK:

“Solution: Don’t attack anyone who is close to a teammate.” That’s what I keep hearing.
    I can’t believe the retarded poll results I got, tbh.

Way to dumb the game down. “1v2 is hurd, i can’t tiem my reposties, gib me unflinchable attack plåx”

Word, if only juanito would just give me my lunch moneh back mang. I can’t dodge these cartel fucks forever holmes

• Ripostes have been unflinchable since the beginning of the game, it wasnt until flinch in release becoming a problem that made ripostes flinch, it needs to stay because if you do take away unflinchable ripostes you will literally be stuck parry into parry until stam and die or flinched every time you try to attack 2v1.