Sensible knockback nerf.

• So, spear knockback and polearms knockback is just bull in general. So with these specific loadouts why not just remove light kick and replace with a pommel bash that has no stun, but knocks players back a little bit. Therefore not a free auto initative button but just something to keep a little bit of range with? I’m not even sure if I like this idea but seems like something to throw out there. This could allow us to even nerf the speed of slashes because there are other ways to keep range.

And as always, we pray for the day sprint lockout is removed.

• I would be totally happy with less vanguard knockback. It was not the buff they needed.

• 100% agreed. VG knockback is too much.

• VG’s were fine pre sprint lockout, THis artificial inconsistent knock-back needs to go.

• What the heck! Knockback is all I have going for me in 1 v 1s. Even with it people can easily close the gap with a single parry. Play with a ranged weapon for awhile and see for yourself how little the knockback helps you versus backpedaling.

• @ŠïN:

VG’s were fine pre sprint lockout, THis artificial inconsistent knock-back needs to go.

No, they were actually quite underpowered. But I wonder if the longsword/SoW nerfs were enough. I just wish longsword would get reverted and vanguards got buffs in something other than stamina drain/knock back which aren’t very fun parts of the game.

• Totally agree.

Reduce vanguard knockback. I don’t know even if I should riposte or not, it’s a total gamble.

Or just reduce knocback vs Knights, they are quite heavy anyway. Sending a heavy knight 10 meters away with a stab/overhead is just ridiculous.

• I’m okay with high-ish knockback on them because they are fragile little flowers, but it’s inconsistent and not very reliable

• I think the Knight knock-back resistance is quite a good idea as I have found that it is a lot easier to counter vanguard with the other classes due to the movement speed.

• #removeknockback

• Yes, please fix knockback. I just want to be able to riposte people with my war hammer… :(

• @Xanith:

Yes, please fix knockback. I just want to be able to riposte people with my war hammer… :(

If you sprint while blocking I think it will have a reverse k nockback effect knocking you into them if you time it right and immediately riposte.

• I don’t see too much of a problem. Shift and W still gets you close if you have a two hander even if they have a Brandi. they don’t get to hit you twice.

Reducing knockback will just buff MAA and archers. Something I thought people don’t want lol.

• @lemonater47:

I don’t see too much of a problem. Shift and W still gets you close if you have a two hander even if they have a Brandi. they don’t get to hit you twice.

Reducing knockback will just buff MAA and archers. Something I thought people don’t want lol.

People want maa nerfed in in base speed and certain bullshit mechanics like dodge out of flinch or dodge attack out of flinch removed/fixed. They don’t want to see it nerfed by them never being able to riposte because you can never get in range. Also archers aren’t a problem in melee what effect does this have on archers?

Also the knockback at the moment is friggen ridiculous. It’s noticably absurd.

• Yeah your right Huggles. Archers are not a problem in melee everyone agrees with you there.

• @lemonater47:

Yeah your right Huggles. Archers are not a problem in melee everyone agrees with you there.

I guess they’re a problem if you’ve never faced a 1 hander before or a class that is a one shot from half the weapons in this game. lol throw in feints you’re bound to hit him atlas once if you’re a bad player, more than once if you’re decent but once is all you need.

• huggles said something sensible

• @Huggles:

I guess they’re a problem if you’ve never faced a 1 hander before or a class that is a one shot from half the weapons in this game. lol throw in feints you’re bound to hit him atlas once if you’re a bad player, more than once if you’re decent but once is all you need.

Lol I legit don’t think they are a problem. There are those that say they are. I was just trying to get their attention.

TBH I don’t really care what happens to the knockback. But what I said will happen will happen.

• Once again I think you all are being over the top with this. Knockback isn’t insane. Even with knockback + backpedaling a knight can easily close the distance if he gets 1 parry in. Knockback was added to make up for sprint lockout being added. Removing knock back will make spears and pole arms practically useless compared to swords.

Mad that you’re having trouble closing the distance due to knockback? Stop being so passive. Any aggressive knight can approach me no problem.

• @AmishInsurgent:

Once again I think you all are being over the top with this. Knockback isn’t insane. Even with knockback + backpedaling a knight can easily close the distance if he gets 1 parry in. Knockback was added to make up for sprint lockout being added. Removing knock back will make spears and pole arms practically useless compared to swords.

Mad that you’re having trouble closing the distance due to knockback? Stop being so passive. Any aggressive knight can approach me no problem.

In scrims that isn’t so easy. Also I main vanguard, I really don’t think k nockback is that necessary at all. Polearms need a buff but not like that. And spears are fine even without knockback. They don’t need to be tweaked.

How to solve everything no problem? Increase vanguard base speed and get rid of sprint lockout.