I think I know how people break combo animations (desync)

• So, basically… they spam a lot in short bursts and queue up multiple attacks in a very short period. It’s something that happens kinda randomly and it’s independent of net lag, ping/server response or framerate. I’ve saw it happen on a Lan party btw.

You see their first swing fully and afterwards only hear a few of the swing grunts, yet you receive damage and multiple hits (3 hit combos seem to reproduce this issue more frequently).
    Their characters move between the windups of their combo animations but the swings don’t play out fullly, so the tracer is hitting you first but disconnected from the 2nd half of the swing animation.

Has anyone noticed this happen? Maybe randomly?

Might be related to netcode or subpar mice hardware. What do you guys think?
    Mind you, this is something that may happen 2 or 3 times ir 30 minutes of gameplay. I’ve seen friends do this accidentally.

At least I now can tell they’re not using some subtle speed hack enabled at command.

• You are referring to desync. Many people know how to do it at will, but it also means they know how to call people out on it when it happens. So its generally not abused in the competitive community. In pubs however…. The exact details for the weapons that are desyncable shouldn’t be publicly displayed since TBS sucks at fixing such problems, so people don’t advertise exactly how its done.

• I found there’s different kinds of desync. One when receiving overheads or stabs at facehug range (when combo’d against you) which these are probably placebo or lag, and this insanely fast desync looking shit that makes no sense.
    I’m referring to the second kind, yes.

And I don’t know about editing stuff out. It’s better when the information is out there, imho. I could change which weapons, but it’s definitely more frequent with 2h.

As I said earlier, I knew desyncs existed and I also knew speed hacking looked a lot like desyncs. Now I can rest assured people are not trying to cheat against me. Less witchhunting is always good.

• @Alphonse:

So, basically… they spam a lot in short bursts and queue up multiple attacks in a very short period. It’s something that happens kinda randomly and it’s independent of net lag, ping/server response or framerate. I’ve saw it happen on a Lan party btw.

You see their first swing fully and afterwards only hear a few of the swing grunts, yet you receive damage and multiple hits (3 hit combos seem to reproduce this issue more frequently).
    Their characters move between the windups of their combo animations but the swings don’t play out fullly, so the tracer is hitting you first but disconnected from the 2nd half of the swing animation.

Has anyone noticed this happen? Maybe randomly?

Might be related to netcode or subpar mice hardware. What do you guys think?
    Mind you, this is something that may happen 2 or 3 times ir 30 minutes of gameplay. I’ve seen friends do this accidentally.

At least I now can tell they’re not using some subtle speed hack enabled at command.

I noticed this a lot from high fov maa’s and vans who spam just as much. What annoys me is its blatantly
    obvious on pubs esp in high ranks. vans seem to have 4 to 7 hits with sword not losing stamina.
    they need to fix this ie recently a van came through my throwing axe with no damage, followed by forward kick
    then as my long sword was about to puncture him he still managed to swing and kill me, very annoying tbh.
    Basically he walked through 3 of my attacks head on. lmb

• @loin:

I noticed this a lot from high fov maa’s and vans

How the hell does FOV play any part in this lol.

• FOV plays a big role in desyncs in Loin’s logic.

Loingic.
    Loinlogic.
    Loinic.
    Logoin.

Logicoin?