God this game is terrible now.

• Spammy, twirly mess. Nothing animates properly. Shit fps on every map. Archers still best class in game ruining all fun. Flinch hardly exists. Broken mechanics. Horrible pings. No TO servers to play on, out of 2-3 in US they will either be empty or full. No balancing. No chase mechanic. Ballistas still break. Spamming wins all fights. Can’t catch vanguards, maa, or archers. 3rd person lmb is god. Maul and messer hit trade god. Vanguard long sword dragging charge attacks from 50 miles away pass you and turn around to kill. jesus christ, need i go on?

IGN - “Combat is bloody, fast-paced, and in your face!”

Clay - “Combat is choppy, spammy, and arrows in your face”

gg, someone message me if this game doesn’t suck.

• no matter how much we ask, torn banner will never revert the game to pre-june 2013 patch. why? why not put that version of the game in the beta for us to play? and no, im not talking make changes to make it like the june 2013 patch. i mean put that exact version of the game back. because im sure theres some wierd shit in the code that even torn banner doesnt know what its doing in the current version. stuff like getting hit flinching you out of your block - what?

also, the brandistock should have been fucking nerfed one WEEK after the june patch came out, not fucking 52+ weeks later and its still op as fuck!

• back to payday 2 - big daddy clayton

• @Psyfon:

no matter how much we ask, torn banner will never revert the game to pre-june 2013 patch. why? why not put that version of the game in the beta for us to play? and no, im not talking make changes to make it like the june 2013 patch. i mean put that exact version of the game back. because im sure theres some wierd shit in the code that even torn banner doesnt know what its doing in the current version. stuff like getting hit flinching you out of your block - what?

also, the brandistock should have been fucking nerfed one WEEK after the june patch came out, not fucking 52+ weeks later and its still op as fuck!

Um game was super hit trade meta before june patch, after patch was terrible, but right now the game is in it’s best State ever. The problem is, the more we play the more we know about breaking animations or cheesing our way through everything. This game will never be fit for comp unless a sequel is released with the funding of a triple A tittle with a competent development team that doesn’t add 10 new bugs, or “features” for every bug it fixes. If this game want’s to be great, it needs another dev team, and it needs more time and money. If not, well it’s still fun as fuck, and although a real comp scene will never exist playing this game with other good players head to head is still fun if not that competitive. And a much needed upgrade from pub staring around going 60-10 in every match I join.

• This post is deleted!

• @50ShadesofClay:

Shit fps on every map.

Only thing I disagree with. The frames are fine if you aren’t running a potato but as for this……

@50ShadesofClay:

Spammy, twirly mess. Nothing animates properly. Archers still best class in game ruining all fun. Flinch hardly exists. Broken mechanics. Horrible pings. No TO servers to play on, out of 2-3 in US they will either be empty or full. No balancing. No chase mechanic. Ballistas still break. Spamming wins all fights. Maul and messer hit trade god. Vanguard long sword dragging charge attacks from 50 miles away pass you and turn around to kill. jesus christ, need i go on?

IGN - “Combat is bloody, fast-paced, and in your face!”

Clay - “Combat is choppy, spammy, and arrows in your face”

gg, someone message me if this game doesn’t suck.

Tell it how it is

• Yeah, I’m getting super bored of watching knights spin, and riposte ROH with maul, forcing cheap one shots and hit trades.

• Whatever you guys say… You’ll always love Chivalry.

but tbs pls fix stuff already

• I have to agree with the op. Lets just say a server I used to rate is now just a toilet full of trolls
    abusing the game in so many ways even some of the admins participate in the bs.

• Only thing out of that I actually mind or agree with atm is maul. Just the reverse/fake out reverse tactic that’s gotten popular so fast that only works because spinning that hard breaks the animations and differentiating windup/release becomes guesswork if you or your opponent have anything other than stellar ping. I think it could be fixed by giving it the release times of dubaxe or gmace so you can still cheese but not so easily and when you do the animations are perfectly readable. Basically everything else is fine to me. Messer hit trade god isn’t new, and seems to have been partially solved by .9 flinch already. I don’t notice people going for hit trades with it too much anymore aside from just slapping an overhead in your face if you run straight at them, but hey, you kinda deserve it if you’re that predictable. Game seems pretty good to me atm, compared to where it was. Dunno how anyone could say it got worse with this last patch. Still some nerfs that need to be distributed but game is pretty fun for me right now.

• chiv 2 already pls

• The game just seems bad right now because the skill cap increases over time and people are learning to do annoying things more often and more common now. There was an animation patch last December I think that actually made them a lot better. And of course less and less servers happen because of the noob servers and the last sale didn’t hold any new players because they all quit at rank 16.

Lets just keep telling Torn Banner what the game needs to get better. They’re doing better about updates now, and it’s better slow than never like it felt after June patch.

• @SOC:

The game just seems bad right now because the skill cap increases over time and people are learning to do annoying things more often and more common now. There was an animation patch last December I think that actually made them a lot better. And of course less and less servers happen because of the noob servers and the last sale didn’t hold any new players because they all quit at rank 16.

Lets just keep telling Torn Banner what the game needs to get better. They’re doing better about updates now, and it’s better slow than never like it felt after June patch.

Is that the animation patch that changed the first person animations that gave us the crappy first person view we have now, and actually made a lot of the animations worse?Pretty sure it was ^.^

• the tracers didnt change just the first person animations

• @zombojoe:

the tracers didnt change just the first person animations

Who said the tracers changed?

• gameplay wise it didnt change anything at all

• Still not a fan of the 2H OH newer anims

• They should put that on the store page because that about sums up the game to perfection.

• As much as I agree with this thread, mainly inbalance issues that require 5 minutes of TB’s time but instead it’s been weeks since the “balance patch” came out and some OP as fuck weapons are still left unchanged…

…this thread is still a bad idea. Typical attention-thread that will be partially hijacked by people who come to complain about their own perception of the game.

Clayton, you made this thread to direct the more game breaking features right now like retarded 180 degree charge attacks and Archer unbalance.
    But now watch as Steam Forum intelligence will join this thread and say stuff like “Yes I agree the game is broken. Those drag exploits and reverse twirlies are annoying bugs that need to be fixed.” and thereby start another discussion about core game mechanics like drags and feints.

Just saying. This thread is 99% right so far but it won’t be long until some scrub joins the discussion to talk about drags instead.

Edit: Ok shit apparently I’m the one who starts it.

• Learn to play without feints, have a community that doesn’t feint and the game is so much better. It truly is.