What the game needs isn't what we're getting.

• Im not going to insult Torn Banner on how this game got into the current state but at this rate the game is going to lose what little dedicated players it has. Why are we even worried about balance before bug fixes? sure most people want the messer/brandi/greatsword balanced but it shouldn’t be done before gamebreaking bugs such as dodge out of flinch+attack, shield ghost swings, superjump, broken vanguard charges, and other inconsistent glitches. Why is the price of this game so absurdly high? No wonder we don’t have as many players we could have, $25 dollars for a game riddled with broken bugs? This game needs to be free to play at this point, that way we can get people on this game and build a bigger community. Tbs want your revenue? work for it. Focus on fixing the game and continue adding skins that players will purchase at a reasonable price, More skins = more money, but more players = more skins bought = more money = torn banner hiring more competent developers = fixed game. 2 years is long enough to fix bugs, if you guys can’t do it, hire someone who can.

• @Noobstomper:

Im not going to insult Torn Banner on how this game got into the current state but at this rate the game is going to lose what little dedicated players it has. Why are we even worried about balance before bug fixes? sure most people want the messer/brandi/greatsword balanced but it shouldn’t be done before gamebreaking bugs such as dodge out of flinch+attack, shield ghost swings, superjump, broken vanguard charges, and other inconsistent glitches. Why is the price of this game so absurdly high? No wonder we don’t have as many players we could have, $25 dollars for a game riddled with broken bugs? This game needs to be free to play at this point, that way we can get people on this game and build a bigger community. Tbs want your revenue? work for it. Focus on fixing the game and continue adding skins that players will purchase at a reasonable price, More skins = more money, but more players = more skins bought = more money = torn banner hiring more competent developers = fixed game. 2 years is long enough to fix bugs, if you guys can’t do it, hire someone who can.

Welp. You heard it tbs, you need2learn2play and gitgud

100% agree, but the balance issues honestly shouldn’t be hard at all, we just need to argue over it more to make it easy for them nad have them not screw it up completely and drive more vets away. You know, the only ones supporting them and actually buying skins.

• It is a shame it takes so long to balance obviously overpowered weapons, and there is a need for it, but it still shouldnt be done while the game still has so many bugs. Bugs then balance. Torn banner, if you fix it, nerds will come

• I feel like the most strategic decision they can make is to pull off another sequel before this game officially dies. Leaving them with no more hardcore dedicated fans. Although, I’m sure they’re already working on a sequel, because at this point I really don’t think this game can be fixed that way we want it. Engine limitations, it was built from the ground up broken, etc etc etc.

It would suck if this game dies, because the triple A titles and the companies making those titles are already safe and happy with their games and the way those games play. THe market obviously likes those games and consumers aren’t complaining, so I fear if this game dies, this genre goes away for a very long time. It will be a long wait untill this type of gameplay get’s the love and polish it deserves and needs. Sadly, torn banner is our only hope for a good first person slasher.

How are they doing right now? I’ll give em a c+ because in all honesty this game feels like it should still be in alpha :/ but an A+ for unique and innovating gameplay the grade suffers because of no polish and close to 0 consistency.

• I agree with that huggles, this game is one of a kind and deserves to be loved

• @Noobstomper:

I agree with that huggles, this game is one of a kind and deserves to be loved

Aye, but first step to solving any problem is recognizing there is one.

• guys TBS cant fix the bugs because they dont have programmers

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• @zombojoe:

guys TBS cant fix the bugs because they dont have programmers

Zombo I have no idea if you are being serious right now or not but if that’s the case like I said they really should hire more competent devs lol

• @Noobstomper:

Zombo I have no idea if you are being serious right now or not but if that’s the case like I said they really should hire more competent devs lol

afaik the reason the game has been so slow for awhile is because a lot of ppl at TBS got fired

i would say a huge number of the people who actually made most of the game dont work at TBS anymore, including the lead programmer, who wrote 99% of the combat code

thats why every time they do a balance patch and mess with the game mechanics they break everything, its really difficult to edit code thats been written by someone else

especially when its an unorganized mess

they’d have to re-write large parts of the code to fix a lot of shit

wait 4 chiv 2 m8

• Why did they fired lead-programmer? I never knew that tbh.

• You know, Chivalry could be an immortal game, without the need to feed off of human players. It just needs better bots.

Better bots will solve all problems ever.

• as far as I understand, torn underwear says they cannot fix this game because the code is too complex! torn towel could never fix game because joke indie company is joke indie company. they dangled a comp carrot in front of our faces without even knowing it themselves! they thought for a moment they, and everyone else, would take their joke seriously… and we did for a time. but after the long train of lels and many awesome patchyworks from torn biscuit, this game is nearly flawless in current state and erryone who doesn’t agree can get rekt by me in game… lvl23 115 hrs

• @etherclass1337:

as far as I understand, torn underwear says they cannot fix this game because the code is too complex! torn towel could never fix game because joke indie company is joke indie company. they dangled a comp carrot in front of our faces without even knowing it themselves! they thought for a moment they, and everyone else, would take their joke seriously… and we did for a time. but after the long train of lels and many awesome patchyworks from torn biscuit, this game is nearly flawless in current state and erryone who doesn’t agree can get rekt by me in game… lvl23 115 hrs

i like your style

hail torn bananas

• @zombojoe:

guys TBS cant fix the bugs because they dont have programmers

they have 5 programmers actually

• @rumpelstiltskin:

they have 5 programmers actually

And all are focusing on Chivalry: Casual Boogaloo 2

• They should focus on better bots.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.