Remove vanguard charge

• yet another balance poll

• No, fix vanguard charge.

Charge removal tuw lazy.

• What’s the point of voting

• @B4RK:

What’s the point of voting

to make torn banner realize that there is something wrong with vanguard charge

• Really? People don’t like the vancharge? I use it all the time with zwei, I’ve practiced enough that I never hit teammates; to me it’s super fun.

• @Skindiacus:

Really? People don’t like the vancharge? I use it all the time with zwei, I’ve practiced enough that I never hit teammates; to me it’s super fun.

The speed and range is inconsistent and the stam drain high. It’s way too dragable, you dodge an incoming charge by sidestepping, the guy flies past, turns around and still hits you in the back with a gazillion damage.

• Either:

A. Change the attacking motion to an overhead for all weapons, lower the stamina drain for the defender, and make the range consistent every time.

B. Remove it entirely.

• Removing is silly. Fix range, change sword animation into an overhead, CHANGE THE DEFAULT BUTTON TO V SO THESE RANK 3’S ARENT THE CAUSE OF 90% DAMAGE I TAKE EVERY GAME

• @Monsteri:

Removing is silly. Fix range, change sword animation into an overhead, CHANGE THE DEFAULT BUTTON TO V SO THESE RANK 3’S ARENT THE CAUSE OF 90% DAMAGE I TAKE EVERY GAME

Implying Torn Banner will make any more new animations.

Pls guys be realistic.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Implying Torn Banner will make any more new animations.

Pls guys be realistic.

I agree with this pessimistic view point, vanny charge no mas. Not like anyone actually uses it practically and efficiently. It’s just super gimmick ftw. Inconsistent and broken in every regard.

• http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/20330-Should-the-Vanguard-charge-attack-be-removed

Torn Loincloth please

also remove dodge and add charge attack to quarterstaff

• @fvonb:

The speed and range is inconsistent and the stam drain high. It’s way too dragable, you dodge an incoming charge by sidestepping, the guy flies past, turns around and still hits you in the back with a gazillion damage.

That’s exactly what I do. Super fun.

• I’d be against removing it entirely, just fix the bugs/inconsistencies with it (especially the sword charge) and change the default bind either V or an appropriate, non-LMB key.

• Make it better.

• I’m assuming it would never be fixed so I vote for removal. I don’t really think it’s that great even when working properly tho.

• No. Removing vanguard charge is exactly the kind of bandaid fix people always criticize TB for doing. The only vanguard charge that is the problem is the sword charges anyway, the spear and polearm charges are typically useless.

• Either remove it completely or fix all the problems it has! I’m tired of it. Change the animation to overhead attack for all weapons. Remove those super long jump where the animation don’t even keep up. Remove super long jumps uphill! I always forget to parry those because my brain is logical and tells me that humans can’t leap like jaguars UP a slope.

I would prefer if the entire jump-part of the charge attack was removed. Just make it an overhead power strike that you load up by sprinting.

• Overhead (for swords) and stab charge (for polearms) only pls.

• It rewards poor play. Pub Vg’s just charge into a group and swing for the fences. How am I suppose to keep track of the opponents in front of me, while looking out for people using a silly mechanic like that.

In comp play it isn’t an issue, its in 32 man pubs when you have all these kamikaze divers taking away all my stam!

• Just change the sword charge to and overhead charge attack and it’ll be all right. And remove the small stun after parrying a charge attack pls.