Devlopment Focus

• Not really sure where to put this, but this seems like a more generalized place to put it in, so here it is.

At this point now that we know about coding issues and engine limitations yada yada yada, should Torn Banner still be focusing heavily on game mechanics? Or just move on to chiv 2, if they’re making one (they’re making one) In all honesty besides slight balance changes and the removal and reintroduction of certain game mechanics we pretty much all agree on that’s really it. What else can they do?

The first option imho, seems to be the most practical and the most needed due to engine limitations and coding errors long deemed unfix-able.

The second option means we’re in it for the long haul, and will give us some more closure which I would like, though it might prove to be an unporiftable move for tbs as this game is shrinking over time not growing.

The third option is the most dreadful imo, because it will just take wayyyy to long. Although the balance between the two choices.

• This post is deleted!

• http://forums.tornbanner.com/forumdisplay.php/13-Off-Topic

According to the teachings of reichsfeldmarschall Karasu this is the correct subforum to put things like this in.

/lockd

• @DahDakilven:

http://forums.tornbanner.com/forumdisplay.php/13-Off-Topic

According to the teachings of reichsfeldmarschall Karasu this is the correct subforum to put things like this in.

/lockd

If it’s locked it will solely be because of you. Please stop setting yourself up for ban pls. Also on topic. 10 q

• @Huggles:

If it’s locked it will solely be because of you. Please stop setting yourself up for ban pls. Also on topic. 10 q

I am part of the SS, they can’t ban me.

• Definitely #1. CMW doesn’t need any major overhauls, just some quick weapon and class balance with a couple bug fixes. I would much rather look forward to a sequel in two years with a higher focus on competitive play.

• Everyone viewing this and does not have a forum account pls go make one, especially if you’re involved in this game a lot. Anyone wo has spent more than 20 hours into this game deserves their opinion heard tbh.

• huggles is supreme leader. I agree with him. tbh.

• @e:

huggles is supreme leader. I agree with him. tbh.

You have learned well young panda.

• @Noxin:

I would much rather look forward to a sequel in two years with a higher focus on competitive play.

What exactly would that entail besides features like tournament tools?

• @DaciaJC:

What exactly would that entail besides features like tournament tools?

A game built from the ground up centered for high skill competitive play. A game set up for coordinated teamplay in mind and not with ffa in mind. Where weapons compliment each other for specific purposes and loadouts are well balanced and well built. A game with consistent flinch, flawless motion captured animations and footwork being the prime focus of the game in general. Higher detailed footing, more exact and consistent mechanics regardless of elevation etc etc.

High amounts of stamina, more accurate parries needed, better hit tracers. Wouldn’t help if the devs were actually involved in the creation of a competitive scene as well. With ads, prizes, and streaming straight from the devs.

• Once they have gameplay down, competitive matchmaking would be great as well. The long queue times would still be less than waiting for the average scrim.

• wtf do people want a sequel so bad instead of fixs to the game if they make a sequel its goanna cost us another 20$ something all the skins and helmets we earned or bought and the time we put into the game are goanna be pointless the new maps n arms contest wouldn’t matter and a chiv 2 would just be a repeat of a massive pile of shit when chiv first started it had more bugs n problems than any human could count and you want to relive that? no even to mention all the “new” content they’d have to make for the game if you don’t think there putting effort into trying to make chiv better now do you really think thelly be able to fix chiv 2 will all the mountains of problems that I guarantee will follow it…… why cant people be thankful for what they have

• @Tombstone:

wtf do people want a sequel so bad instead of fixs to the game if they make a sequel its goanna cost us another 20$ something all the skins and helmets we earned or bought and the time we put into the game are goanna be pointless the new maps n arms contest wouldn’t matter and a chiv 2 would just be a repeat of a massive pile of shit when chiv first started it had more bugs n problems than any human could count and you want to relive that? no even to mention all the “new” content they’d have to make for the game if you don’t think there putting effort into trying to make chiv better now do you really think thelly be able to fix chiv 2 will all the mountains of problems that I guarantee will follow it…… why cant people be thankful for what they have

Chivalry literally can’t be fixed because it was built from the bottom up broken. Plus it’s unreal engine 3 out dated as shit and I would hardly say it’s the best engine for this kind of game. A sequel is a fresh start, with the massive amounts of cash they got from this game to actually develop a decent game that squeals next gen, or well current gen as of right now. They should fix a lot of things that are easy as hell to do and require one week of work, but they shouldn’t add anything new except for community content won through contests. Instead, work fresh.

• @Huggles:

They should fix a lot of things that are easy as hell to do and require one week of work, but they shouldn’t add anything new except for community content won through contests. Instead, work fresh.

so you want them to fix the problems that are in chiv already and not add new content unless its made by the community?..… so you basically want whats happening in chivalry right now but you want a 2 slapped on the end of the name… hell just make a second account and buy the game again and pretend theses a 2 at the end youll get the same experiance

• @Tombstone:

so you want them to fix the problems that are in chiv already and not add new content unless its made by the community?..… so you basically want whats happening in chivalry right now but you want a 2 slapped on the end of the name… hell just make a second account and buy the game again and pretend theses a 2 at the end youll get the same experiance

Ummm this isn’t backed up at all. I wan’t completely new styles and mechanics in chiv 2, but I want the same concept. Also better engines make for better gameplay, better graphics, more consistent tracers etc. Better engines allow for more powerful maps and larger amounts of players and since the code won’t be broken and unfixable since week 1 and they actually have money going into it to make sure it doesn’t start up broken the game would be totally different. You can’t say chiv 2 will be a copy paste. That’s bullshit.

• Shit. Huggles joined the debate club.

• huggles did not join the debate club noxin. No. The debate club joined huggles.

• TBS is already working on Chiv2. Balance patch which will be a minor patch contributed by rank 27 developers will do a little but overall the game is fine and will not change.

Chiv2 in 4 years may be good, hard to tell yet.

• @gregcau:

TBS is already working on Chiv2. Balance patch which will be a minor patch contributed by rank 27 developers will do a little but overall the game is fine and will not change.

Chiv2 in 4 years may be good, hard to tell yet.

already working on 2?…. well Ive got a reason not to buy the dlc skins now