Longsword

• …is horrible

RIP in peace never forget https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8aqcGannK4

also dem baby smooth animations RIP in peace as well

• Yeah, that vid is so satisfying to watch. :d

EDIT:

Look at that fine after riposte block.
    http://youtu.be/X8aqcGannK4?t=6m26s

In todays situation he would get teamkilled.

• A moment of silence for the longsword we all once knew and loved….

• at 4:13 in that video the riposte he tries to do gets interrupted. I miss that feature, the game is horseshit now.

• @ŠïN:

at 4:13 in that video the riposte he tries to do gets interrupted. I miss that feature, the game is horseshit now.

There’s no reason to parry anymore :(

• @Huggles:

There’s no reason to parry anymore :(

I swear few of my counterattacks got flinched recently.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

I swear few of my counterattacks got flinched recently.

NA is going through the never parry meta again soooooo

hit trades run amock, and no one wants to be the first to give into the cftp fake outs.

• What do you mean theres no reason to parry? If you parry you can get a free hit trade with the riposte in a 1 v 2.

• @ŠïN:

What do you mean theres no reason to parry? If you parry you can get a free hit trade with the riposte in a 1 v 2.

in evenly matched fights there really is no reason to parry anymore. When pushed on the defensive not so much either because lately a lot clans do the whole thing where you miss on purpose or the guy behind goes in with the feint etc etc. I find myself winning more 1vx when I Kite around reversals and the occasional back parry into reverse riposte.

but the playstyle you describe is knight maul/messer heaven.

vanguards hardly benefit from such tactics.

• Buff stamina!

Please.

• @Vesanus:

Buff stamina!

Please.

I don’t really know why tb changed so much for no reason tbh. The only balance needed back then was an archer nerf and a vanguard buff and they did both of those wrong. Some hot fixes alongside that and the game would literally be perfect.

If no one claims an issue, or their claim isn’t well supported by the majority there’s no reason to change anything. Which they unforutnately did. The game isn’t bad now, no not at all. It just feels lesser than what it was in many regards even though the “good old days” were pretty broken too.

• lelel huggles.
    The only balance need is archer weapons balance, heavy crossbow range fix, nerf the light xbow range and speed and nerf every javelin.
    Big nerf on maa and fix the glitch for cancel flinch with dodge and other like super jump glitch.
    Vanguard need handlehit fix "wtf my halberd is fucked going through the enemy when i overhead"
    Same for knight, need handlehit fix "wtf my GM going through the enemy for no fuckin reason"
    The 2h need more flinch than 0.9, samee for the 1h, need more than 0.8. Chivalry Gamble Warfare.
    And 2H Sword stab animation need to change, that animation is broken and make the feint hard to read and unbalance for the other weapons likee poleaxe or grandmace.

• Game was at its best then. Knight meta was the best meta, and knights would’ve naturally progressed out as the skill cap increased with archers and MaAs.

• @SOC:

Game was at its best then. Knight meta was the best meta, and knights would’ve naturally progressed out as the skill cap increased with archers and MaAs.

ripostes flinched too ^.^

• @Huggles:

ripostes flinched too ^.^

Falchion and flanged mace also 2 shot knights with 2 torso LMBs too and you had hatchet face hugging, doesn’t mean everything was perfect back then. And vanguards were near useless.

• Of course the game is going to look nice and smooth when you see a competent player wrecking a bunch of players back when people had like sub 400 hours at best. A lot of the gay shit people complain about now has been in since day one.

• @SOC:

Falchion and flanged mace also 2 shot knights with 2 torso LMBs too and you had hatchet face hugging, doesn’t mean everything was perfect back then. And vanguards were near useless.

vanguard dancing was pretty legit

• @KILLBANDS:

Of course the game is going to look nice and smooth when you see a competent player wrecking a bunch of players back when people had like sub 400 hours at best. A lot of the gay shit people complain about now has been in since day one.

I think this has some truth. When I made that video there were already players that destroyed me easily. This is just a compilation of me killing newer players and/or having some luck (panic parries that still connect etc). Chiv had a lot of problems back then already (in this video the turncap breaks and I spin 360° in half a second, there is a phantom attack and the weird vanguard slash feint). And don’t forget balance problems: Vanguard dancing without sprint lockout was just being discovered, shields were super op, feints unreadable.

But man the intro, the decapitation… the outro, me falling into the water. My corpse fell in the water, I laughed, respawned and had fun. Now, you die, your corpse falls into the water but you don’t see it because your camera is somewhere else and dying only sucks. I basically enjoyed getting killed (from time to time).

Oh and the Longsword was a real Vanguard killer back then :(

• @zombojoe:

vanguard dancing was pretty legit

hatchet face hugging was the only thing that made that shit useful, good for the falchion, but It was 3 I recall not two. Sure if one was to the thead but that’;s cool. Falchion wasn’t exactly the God of the game at any point.

Most of the balance was fine back then. unflinchable ripostes are dumb m8

• @fvonb:

Oh and the Longsword was a real Vanguard killer back then :(

It didn’t have the speed though, so it really wasn’t an issue for vanguards that much as opposed to the sow.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.