To all complaining about spin2win meta

• The only reason why people go through ridiculous motions just to get in a few hits is because parrying is just wayyyyyyyyyyy to easy. And so, breaking animations is the only real way you can score in some hits without feints, making this game incredibly boring tbh. The only drags used consistently in scrims are neck hits with the overheads and a z stab here and there.

Please, idk what it was but like posted in the video with the longsword back in the day when you hit someone somewhere they were off balance or off alignment they got hit. Why is it that the only thing you have to do now is time your block in some general manner and not care where you’re aiming? Footwork, aiming, and timing should all go into parrying and lately it feels like it’s just timing.

If parrying becomes more difficult and locational dragging becomes incredibly efficient it would seriously give this game a breath of fresh air. Right now the only room for improvement is honestly feint reading, and having the entire game flow around one mechanic is just boring as hell. Feint reading and target switching are really the only things in this game atm tbh.

btw where did footwork go :c

• @Huggles:

The only reason why people go through ridiculous motions just to get in a few hits is because parrying is just wayyyyyyyyyyy to easy.

wait what u srs?

• @rumpelstiltskin:

wait what u srs?

back parries, misaligned parries, lean foward to avoid your mistiming. Back peddling = parry all, same with crouch lookup. So ridiculous. Back peddling straight backwards should throw your parries off not strengthening them, same with not moving at all while crouched. Why should leaning forward suddenly increase your parry time? I don’t know if the last is the case but it feels like it very much so.

If parrying was much more the way I described and back parries didn’t really work out as in ever, hardly anyone would go for reversals or the like because it’s just wayyy to risky, and if you pay more attention to your footwork and positioning you’ll do much better. Right now you can gamble pretty often and get away scott free.

• can u teach me how to b0ckxwing?
    or how to conman stabs?

• Parrying is easy when it works.

• What if the game had directional parrying like in Mount&Blade?

• Currently it’s way too easy to parry multiple hits in one parry, and there’s still that bug where you’re parrying attacks during the early part of your riposte animation. I think you should be able to parry multiple hits in one parry, but right now it’s way too easy and happens more often than it should.

• It’s argued that the animations look too bad when working in cahoots with stutters, lags, and desyncs, that you can’t successfully read it’s direction or intention because what you see on the screen is different than what the attacker sees, and that explains why it’s easy to parry and why there is anal parry.

Also I don’t like directional parry or directional based combat very much

• @DaciaJC:

What if the game had directional parrying like in Mount&Blade?

As in 4 directional attacks and 4 directional blocks? No.

But you should be able to angle all 3 attacks in different directions that your opponent has to read. and respond to by following the blade off it’s strikes and using their footwork accordingly.

• It just feels like well angled attacks are incredibly inconsistent which just makes dragging inconsistent as a whole. Which makes the only ways to bypass parry very fast attacks and very slow attacks excluding feints ofc. Angled attacks should be much more emphasized the way it felt before june. If you’re off alignment you should be punished. Chiv 2 just needs better hit boxes and parry boxes as a whole. And tracers should be completely reworked tbh. Also should change the way feints nerf, but lower the stam cost of them. 200ms changed suggested multiple time should be enough though.

• make the parry forcefield smaller so you have to aim it better?

b0ckparries piss me off very hard because even though backstab damage has been removed i still go for hitting people in the back BECAUSE THEY WONT SEE IT

WELL GUESS WHAT, THEY PARRY IT FROM BEHIND HALF THE TIME

• @zombojoe:

WELL GUESS WHAT, THEY PARRY IT FROM BEHIND HALF THE TIME

I declare anus parrying a feature!

• @Vesanus:

I declare anus parrying a feature!

buns of steel?

• Even worse than the “anus parrying” (new official name, thank you VesANUS) is the friggen feet parrying, when people jump and parry upwards and I aim for their feet and they still parry it.

• ive always found it bizzare that you cant go around a parry by going above or below it but its piss easy to just go around the sides lol

• @zombojoe:

ive always found it bizzare that you cant go around a parry by going above or below it but its piss easy to just go around the sides lol

even going to the sides feels weird when your weapon is clearly angled at the oppoiste side of their parry, but it still get’s parried by the weapon model several inches away from the attack that the blade looks a far ways off to get even close to parrying…… Feels like people are parrying with their bubble tbh.

• parrying in chiv just erects a giant invisible forcefield in front of your weapon

any part of the tracer that touches it, even on its rims will register a parry

• @zombojoe:

parrying in chiv just erects a giant invisible forcefield in front of your weapon

any part of the tracer that touches it, even on its rims will register a parry

Hopefully, it will be smaller in Chiv 2.

• its definitely smaller in slasher

• @zombojoe:

ive always found it bizzare that you cant go around a parry by going above or below it but its piss easy to just go around the sides lol

Not that hard to go above a parry with a jump stab tho