How does rejecting the kingship work?

• Sometimes it works the first time I press it, sometimes the third and sometimes I spam it like crazy for 5 seconds straight and nothing happens.

• Hey dude…
    I only got it to work once

On Citadel, I was in the lead just as the doors break, there was a popup message in the chat saying press some key - i think page up or down to reject
    I pressed it straight away & then it made someone random in the team King

All other times, I never see this message if iif I pressed page up/down, nothing happens & always king… Im the worst at king… longest last is like 2 min… LOL

I even went into key assign & tried making another key are reject king & no luck with that

~Hen

• The likelihood of it working is inversely proportional to your desire to pass up kingship.

Best way to get it to work is to resign yourself to being king, and at the approximately correct time halfheartedly bat the pg-up key once.

• Always worked for me in 1000+hrs.

• @fvonb:

Always worked for me in 1000+hrs.

This.

I bet u fools are either pressing it too late or pressing entirely different button.

• sometimes it spawns me straight in the throneroom as king and gives me no chance to reject

• @Albert!:

sometimes it spawns me straight in the throneroom as king and gives me no chance to reject

yeah whenver the gates get smashed i keep pressing the button and it still happens sometimes

• Doesn’t seem to work if you’re dead or accidentally pressed F1 first.

Other than that, it has always worked for me.

• It you time pressing F1 correctly you can reject king.

And end the game in 3 seconds.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

This.

I bet u fools are either pressing it too late or pressing entirely different button.

I used to think this too but it happens to me now sometimes, too. I think it depends on the server or something, but I guarantee I’m spamming Page up/page down the moment the 2nd obj ends and nothing happens. Then other times it works no problem.

• if you’re dead you can’t reject kingshp, if you’re just about to respawn you can’t reject it. If you’re alive you can reject it, so make sure to never die before the king stage.

• @Xylvion:

if you’re dead you can’t reject kingshp, if you’re just about to respawn you can’t reject it. If you’re alive you can reject it, so make sure to never die before the king stage.

useful stuff, makes sense now

• Last night it failed on me. I was hiding in a corner waiting for the gate to finish being smashed, started spamming it like crazy as soon as the gate went down, even had time to look down and check I was pressing the right key but it still didn’t work. Then for sanity’s sake I checked the keybinds to confirm I did everything right. It happened on an official server. On a previous game it worked the first time I pressed it.

• ^ just type reconnect in the console after you are spawned as king

• you need to spam it as soon as you hear the objective horn blow, or preferably start spamming it when you know the objective is about to be lost and you’re up to be king.