How is current MAA dodge in any way defensible as a gameplay mechanic?

• @Mystikkal:

I’d love to take your advise, but maybe you should win one scrim against us before you start trying to become professor?

that is a zinger

• @Mystikkal:

I’d love to take your advise, but maybe you should start beating us in scrims before you start trying to become professor?

Honestly, I had no issue with you Zombo, but you started the fighting words. Too bad you never back them up when we scrim. BAM fighting words returned.

Dont make me go heavy crossbow against you again. xd

Thats a strat i reserve only for nova

• its fun to use and makes maa the only class that doesnt have to deal with random bullshit apart from ranged

dont change it

• @zombojoe:

Dont make me go heavy crossbow against you again. xd

Thats a strat i reserve only for nova

Bring it! hahah just playin’ with ya. See ya out there ;)

• @Mystikkal:

Bring it! hahah just playin’ with ya. See ya out there ;)

see ya down my sights ;)

• remove the ability to parry + dodge at the same time
    keep dodge out of flinch in but make it so that you can’t immediately queue up an attack

• Mod

@kwazi:

remove the ability to parry + dodge at the same time
    keep dodge out of flinch in but make it so that you can’t immediately queue up an attack

Voice of reason.
    No: parry -> dodge -> riposte
    Yes: flinch -> dodge -> flinch timer finishes before attack can start
    No: flinch -> dodge -> bypass flinch timer -> attack

• What do people think about largely reducing the effectiveness of dodging and then giving MMA the old archers backstab perk? I think it suits the idea of the MMA more than it ever did the archer.

• @FlakeyJoe:

What do people think about largely reducing the effectiveness of dodging and then giving MMA the old archers backstab perk? I think it suits the idea of the MMA more than it ever did the archer.

Removing dodge altogether and giving MAA a backstab bonus might actually be better as it would reward good footwork and timing in team modes and duels, and it would force bad MAAs relying on teleporting to actually learn to play.

• @kwazi:

remove the ability to parry + dodge at the same time

I’d like to see this.

When people know that the MaA can’t immediately throw out an attack after dodging, it evens out the playing field as well as allowing the opponent that slight bit of time needed to ready themselves. It would also pushes dodge more towards a defensive manoeuvre which some people seem to have a hard on for.

I would still like to see dodge and being able to parry. Maybe increasing the stamina drain if you parry during the dodge state might work.

• @Fang:

Removing dodge altogether and giving MAA a backstab bonus might actually be better as it would reward good footwork and timing in team modes and duels, and it would force bad MAAs relying on teleporting to actually learn to play.

waraxe would be op as fuck tho

• @zombojoe:

every weapon*

• @zombojoe:

Then make only stabs do extra damage :D

• I don’t think the dodge imbalance is as dramatic as some of you make it out to be. The last dodge stamina nerf did a really good job at stopping the ridiculous spam and perhaps the cost can be raised a little bit more. Honestly, I find that the only class that suffers from an MAA dodging well are Vans (particularly once in face-hugging range). I always felt though that a nerf to MAA mobility is a short sighted solution and a buff to Van mobility would be better suited.

• @iamdak:

buff to Van mobility

Yes… buff vanguard mobility… :)

• Wut? Half of the vanguard arsenal can easily reach a MAA after he dodges, doesn’t make dodge out of flinch less of an exploit though.

• @swagfox:

yeah, bad to average maa are ez kills. there are just a few maa out there that really show op and retarded the class is. youre probably not one of them or have not played with one of them. its the fact that the class is given an extra mechanic in place of some extra meat that can make them op, so ofc that throws their balance way off at different levels. that being said, i dunno if dodge needs to be nerfed. id like to see how dealing with good maa is with forward chase back in. i forget entirely how it was, because my memory is rusty and because everyone sucked back then relative to now (knights and maa alike).

Dodge op? I don’t know if it’s the netcode or having 60-70 ping makes it. But even the overhead withlongsword hits you when you dodge back, same with any long range weapon. Dodging to the sides just makes the enemy drag and still hit you.

@Ranulf:

Rank has nothing to do with skill tbh.

Level 50 who reached the level spamming FFA matches or TO don’t count, especially the ones that did that with 3p.

Also when talking about game balance and classes, you refer to same skill vs same skill situations. Obviously a knight vs an archer in a 1v1 duel is nonsense at equal skill.

@Mystikkal:

Couldn’t agree more Clay. I have never seen a knight or vanguard win the kendo. It has only been MAA, except for those times I saw flippy and spook do it on knight multiple times, but those don’t count, because knights don’t have dodge. And those times that f knights and vanguards have done it don’t count either because they dont have the one button win skill! And I really don’t understand why MAA has never won any of our duel tournys… it must be because those tourneys were before the MAA stam nerf. Now that we have nerf’ed them more, they may have a better chance.

And I disagree with you, you don’t need a vanguard or knight backbone - they don’t have dodge. Just run all MAA, because they have dodge.

Ohh and MAA’s never get killed in the beginning. I have never been one shotted by a messer or archer - seriously. MAA just dodges when they get shot and they are instant-spawned.

I think we should just have all the knights and vanguards come on forums and bitch about a class that no one plays.

Honestly, this has become a joke. Spook got 30 kills on the first objective of DF last night as knight against a top team. If I recall, Clay, you were top scoreboard in the last scrim we did? Just stop already - it’s a bad look

Shut up, we are like fgts in a society of straight on this forum, we have no rights. Full of knights and vanguards that make polls to feel more masculine ç_ç accept the fgtry pls.

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!