How is current MAA dodge in any way defensible as a gameplay mechanic?

• ^^ you clearly have only been playing weak players

also apparently you main maa so you’re totally biased and only know how to dodge. Of course you don’t NEED to feint, you’re a fucking maa. Of course archers seem easy to fight as knight, how would you know? And of course maa’s seem easy to beat to you, you’re one of them and probably die a lot.

Good for fucking you. So knights rely on feints, and maa rely on dodge… what of it?

• I dont see much point in dodging outside MAA vs MAA its just too underpowered vs the other classes.
    Dodge isnt long enough for your hatched to hit them or to escape from the facehug range your weapons have.
    You might as well block which strangely takes more stamina than for everyone else and then you get knocked back and have to repeat the cycle…
    i wish they would equalize stamina drain on all weapons because this game is build arround taking turns and its an incredible bonus to win stamwar everytime

• @TheFunnySide:

I dont see much point in dodging outside MAA vs MAA its just too underpowered vs the other classes.
    Dodge isnt long enough for your hatched to hit them or to escape from the facehug range your weapons have.
    You might as well block which strangely takes more stamina than for everyone else and then you get knocked back and have to repeat the cycle…
    i wish they would equalize stamina drain on all weapons because this game is build arround taking turns and its an incredible bonus to win stamwar everytime

wut…… “dodge under powered”

stam war is real, but dodge is stupid as fuck amigo. the teleport out of everything by pressing a button is reallllll

immune to feints, immune to drags, absurd footspeed in exchange for low health.

the only reason not to use maa is because they don’t have 2 handers, and I fucking hate playing with 1 handers

• Well noob knights can just let himself be hit by MAA and drain his stam that way its not like MAA gets his stamm after a succesfull dodge+stab back.
    Vanguard is complett immun….
    Archers normaly only fight you then you got 1hp and stam left…

• @TheFunnySide:

I dont see much point in dodging outside MAA vs MAA its just too underpowered vs the other classes.

hatchet, Hatchet, HATCHET!!!

• @Fafnir:

You guys are talking a lot of nonsense. It’s clear to me that you probably suck with knight. Because any good knight can deal with a maa at the current state of the game.

when I play maa with morning star I can rek knights all day

• @Fafnir:

You guys are talking a lot of nonsense. It’s clear to me that you probably suck with knight. Because any good knight can deal with a maa at the current state of the game.

Even saying “an archer can take on a knight in one vs one” means that you probably think that level 42 are skilled in this game. What a pointless discussion you guys are bringing on, as if a good knight can’t take on an archer rofl.

Reducing the dodges? Maa can’t even dodge out of a lot of attacks (vanguards’ ranges or fast counters still hit during a dodge) and parrying is more of a stamina drain than any other class.

Do you guys rely on feints to win? Because then the discussion changes. Feints are (sadly) the equalizer of skill in this game, them being a gamble.

yeah, bad to average maa are ez kills. there are just a few maa out there that really show op and retarded the class is. youre probably not one of them or have not played with one of them. its the fact that the class is given an extra mechanic in place of some extra meat that can make them op, so ofc that throws their balance way off at different levels. that being said, i dunno if dodge needs to be nerfed. id like to see how dealing with good maa is with forward chase back in. i forget entirely how it was, because my memory is rusty and because everyone sucked back then relative to now (knights and maa alike).

• @Fafnir:

Even saying “an archer can take on a knight in one vs one” means that you probably think that level 42 are skilled in this game.

Rank has nothing to do with skill tbh.

• forward chase made running backwards as a maa unviable

• @zombojoe:

forward chase made running backwards as a maa unviable

It also made knights the best class.

• Forward Chase as a Knight special plz.

• @Ranulf:

It also made knights the best class.

bullshit archers are the best class

• @zombojoe:

bullshit archers are the best class

True. Remove archers pls tbs or sling only

• We really need to nerf the MAA. The dodge is the most overpowered move I’ve ever seen in any game. It literally makes you immune to everything! You make any mistake and BAM, it’s an automatic win button - how is that fair?! How can you guys not see how OP the MAA is? Have you ever seen top level matches? They are completely dominated by OP MAAs… guys seriously, think about it! I can name 1000 top tier MAAs! Here I go… Massi, Chris… and… mmmmm, maybe that guy from Tempest? mmm… who else, arg… But seriously, I just cant remember their names, but they kick soooo much ass!!!

I vote that we also remove the MAA movement speed, they should not be able to move faster than another class - how is that fair? Ohh… and don’t get me started in 1v1’s… because it’s an automatic win… they can make mistakes and just hit one button!!! please change this class… I hate seeing teams full of MAAs in every scrim!

• dodge is overpowered mystt, stop defending it already. I guess skills just 1vAll of faucher team because they’re just THAT bad at the game, has NOTHING to do with dodge. I particularly don’t have issue with footspeed, espeically since the chase is getting a buff, and should probably get more of one.

only reason that you typically don’t run 2 maa or more is because you still need knight and vanguard backbone or you’d just get hit traded to death. maa cause the most havoc in group fights as well, and have the ability to single out players with ease… and of course they will win those engagements always. They typically only die once the main push is depleted and they are left fighting a 1-3+ and there is no class in the game that’s going to win that one without the grace of meowric. Plus, if you DID run 2 maa or the single maa just manage to hit some people with the firepot (our team, not you included has an uncanny ability to MISS too many firepots) you can completely crush a push with the damage it takes from them.

You maa’s are all the same, going into games and treating the other classes like they’re toys to be played with because they can’t do shit about it. WE HAVE FEELINGS TOO MOTHERFUCKER!!

• Couldn’t agree more Clay. I have never seen a knight or vanguard win the kendo. It has only been MAA, except for those times I saw flippy and spook do it on knight multiple times, but those don’t count, because knights don’t have dodge. And those times that f knights and vanguards have done it don’t count either because they dont have the one button win skill! And I really don’t understand why MAA has never won any of our duel tournys… it must be because those tourneys were before the MAA stam nerf. Now that we have nerf’ed them more, they may have a better chance.

And I disagree with you, you don’t need a vanguard or knight backbone - they don’t have dodge. Just run all MAA, because they have dodge.

Ohh and MAA’s never get killed in the beginning. I have never been one shotted by a messer or archer - seriously. MAA just dodges when they get shot and they are instant-spawned.

I think we should just have all the knights and vanguards come on forums and bitch about a class that no one plays.

Honestly, this has become a joke. Spook got 30 kills on the first objective of DF last night as knight against a top team. If I recall, Clay, you were top scoreboard in the last scrim we did? Just stop already - it’s a bad look

• There aren’t many MAAs in NA that can ‘‘toy’’ with the rest of the classes….Massi, kwazi, Chris, anyone else? It’s not like gambling doesn’t work against Massi for example, he’s very aggressive…even if there’s a perfect MAA, there aren’t many. EU only plays messer now, MAAs are even more limited over there.

I think dodge needs another stamina nerf to promote footwork, but you guys are exaggerating.

• WAAAAAAA, tears lol
    The MAA has only been nerfed in basically every other patch since launch. The only “buff” we received was the footspeed increase to make up for all the other nerfs that patch brought. Now you wanna take away our only class defining skill, dodge. Brilliant! Just change our graphic to a little mini knight. That’s what we’ll be, little easy one shots running around for your enjoyment.

• It’s honestly embarrassing that these knights/vanguards continue to complain about MAA. You know that none of the top top tier knights bitch right? Crushed, Spook, Omega, etc. I’m pretty sure the F knights/vanguards don’t bitch either. I find it funny that people you rarely see in scrims (or players that don’t do well) come and complain about a class because they get outplayed. (this isn’t directed at you Clay - you are a great player).

Just let it go already.

It’s fine if you want class redesign - it’s another to band together and continue to try to nerf a class that is not OP. It is a fact that MAA is less common than vanguards/knights in top tier play. You know why? Because if you ran the same number of MAAs as people run vanguards/knights, you’d get wrecked. Just stop already, it’s honestly embarrassing.

• This is so silly. MaA’s that spam back dodge stab are terrible at the game. It works against other terrible people. Very rarely is dodge worth using in a 1v1 fight against anything other than another MaA. It is great for team fight aggroing. Get in there hit a guy, stir the hive, turn around and forward dodge out. A team of MaA’s has probably a 1% chance of winning against a team of knights. If there were no class limits in TO clan battles, teams of knight only would be dominant. MaA lacks range, damage, and health. They have speed and dodge. When you have no room to run around or dodge because there is a cluster**** of knights, the MaA has nothing but close eyes, stab spam, pray you don’t get stuck on a fatty. It has been this way since the game came out.