How is current MAA dodge in any way defensible as a gameplay mechanic?

• @sharkh20:

This is so silly. MaA’s that spam back dodge stab are terrible at the game. It works against other terrible people. Very rarely is dodge worth using in a 1v1 fight against anything other than another MaA. It is great for team fight aggroing. Get in there hit a guy, stir the hive, turn around and forward dodge out. A team of MaA’s has probably a 1% chance of winning against a team of knights. If there were no class limits in TO clan battles, teams of knight only would be dominant. MaA lacks range, damage, and health. They have speed and dodge. When you have no room to run around or dodge because there is a cluster**** of knights, the MaA has nothing but close eyes, stab spam, pray you don’t get stuck on a fatty. It has been this way since the game came out.

I dunno, I think the penta-firepot might drop team knights health a bit

• @swagfox:

I dunno, I think the penta-firepot might drop team knights health a bit

you mean before the pot got nerfed every single patch??

• @Mystikkal:

It’s honestly embarrassing that these knights/vanguards continue to complain about MAA. You know that none of the top top tier knights bitch right?

Sophax thinks MAAs are cancer though.

• @sharkh20:

This is so silly. MaA’s that spam back dodge stab are terrible at the game. It works against other terrible people. Very rarely is dodge worth using in a 1v1 fight against anything other than another MaA. It is great for team fight aggroing. Get in there hit a guy, stir the hive, turn around and forward dodge out. A team of MaA’s has probably a 1% chance of winning against a team of knights. If there were no class limits in TO clan battles, teams of knight only would be dominant. MaA lacks range, damage, and health. They have speed and dodge. When you have no room to run around or dodge because there is a cluster**** of knights, the MaA has nothing but close eyes, stab spam, pray you don’t get stuck on a fatty. It has been this way since the game came out.

Doug - thanks for saying it more eloquently than me. I use to try to be proper about explaining it - but I’ve just gotten to the point where the MAA OP statements are just insulting and obxnious. I mean seriously guys, stop blaming your class for everything. My favorite are they guys who never play “competitive” and yet have opinions on it.

On a side note, where ya been Doug? still playing under a different name?

• @Mystikkal:

Doug - thanks for saying it more eloquently than me. I use to try to be proper about explaining it - but I’ve just gotten to the point where the MAA OP statements are just insulting and obxnious. I mean seriously guys, stop blaming your class for everything. My favorite are they guys who never play “competitive” and yet have opinions on it.

On a side note, where ya been Doug? still playing under a different name?

New content patch for Path of Exile, then I have been visiting the folks for the last 2 weeks out in the sticks with satellite internet (garbage). Getting back home tomorrow. Been playing under the name Rickroy for a while now.

• @Mystikkal:

We really need to nerf the MAA. The dodge is the most overpowered move I’ve ever seen in any game. It literally makes you immune to everything! You make any mistake and BAM, it’s an automatic win button - how is that fair?! How can you guys not see how OP the MAA is? Have you ever seen top level matches? They are completely dominated by OP MAAs… guys seriously, think about it! I can name 1000 top tier MAAs! Here I go… Massi, Chris… and… mmmmm, maybe that guy from Tempest? mmm… who else, arg… But seriously, I just cant remember their names, but they kick soooo much ass!!!

I vote that we also remove the MAA movement speed, they should not be able to move faster than another class - how is that fair? Ohh… and don’t get me started in 1v1’s… because it’s an automatic win… they can make mistakes and just hit one button!!! please change this class… I hate seeing teams full of MAAs in every scrim!

lol misty all you do is crutch on dodge out of flinch into stab with broadsword to hit trade ppl

• I know zombo, I’m worst MAA NA. And you are best player NA; proven every time we scrim against each other! Please teach me how to play. I want to be on your level.

• @Mystikkal:

I know zombo, I’m worst MAA NA. And you are best player NA; proven every time we scrim against each other! Please teach me how to play. I want to be on your level.

now i dont know how good you na guys are or anything but i feel like shots have just been fired

• Mod

@Mystikkal:

I know zombo, I’m worst MAA NA. And you are best player NA; proven every time we scrim against each other! Please teach me how to play. I want to be on your level.

Fix dodge out of flinch so you can’t attack during it, address broadsword stab animation so it doesn’t have invisible feints and you’re set. The class is inherently DESIGNED to be the fast nimble 1v1’er that dominates by itself and during flanks. It isn’t broken. Stop whining.

• Dodge just shouldn’t be in the game tbh, base speed is enough. Not like maa is op at all, it’s just that game mechanic can be exploited dramatically in several game breaking ways that were clearly not intended. dodge out of flinch, dodge attack out of flinch, aniamtion breaking donut dodges, super dodge, and the fact that because of dodge maa is the only class in the game that can afford to play defensively.

• There is nothing wrong with the class except for the dodge attack out of flinch but I rarely see or use that. Its funny how people judge the shitty MAAs out there and call them bad, but once they face a MAA that knows how to dodge and use footwork effectively, they cry OP OP!!! If you have a hard time beating MAA 1v1, you just need more practice. Oh and use 1Hs vs them. You arn’t going to be able to a hit an MAA with your big bad zwei.

• Dodge is ridiculous. It should cost at least twice as much stamina to make it balanced. There must be some penalty for using the “avoid death” button. Right now, unless a knight sprints forward all the time during the fight (which makes him extremely predictable), there’s no way to catch a dodge-and-walk-back MAA.

• Mod

You would lose any fight like that. Fix dodge glitches, make it cost 50%. Or get rid of dodge and increase side speed movement so you can run sideways.

@MissingNo:

Dodge is ridiculous. It should cost at least twice as much stamina to make it balanced. There must be some penalty for using the “avoid death” button. Right now, unless a knight sprints forward all the time during the fight (which makes him extremely predictable), there’s no way to catch a dodge-and-walk-back MAA.

• @Mystikkal:

alright one thing you could do to improve your play is to dodge backwards more often to avoid getting your head sliced off by a messer

side dodging out of flinch is an excuse to get hit traded by a smart knight

also dodge into stab feint is pretty sick initiation tbh

@Angrydeadguy:

There is nothing wrong with the class except for the dodge attack out of flinch but I rarely see or use that. Its funny how people judge the shitty MAAs out there and call them bad, but once they face a MAA that knows how to dodge and use footwork effectively, they cry OP OP!!! If you have a hard time beating MAA 1v1, you just need more practice. Oh and use 1Hs vs them. You arn’t going to be able to a hit an MAA with your big bad zwei.

Zwei is one of the best anti maa weapons because if they side dodge they die and the overhead can kill them in 1 hit. The problem is the broadsword fucks up Vanguards all day long.

• @MissingNo:

Right now, unless a knight sprints forward all the time during the fight, there’s no way to catch a dodge-and-walk-back MAA.

Oh noes , he knows our secrets weakness, quick nerf Knight sprint before it becomes the meta

• If they can’t fix the dodge glitch where you bypass flinch times, I could settle for an attack lockout after dodging, maybe like .5 or something.

• @zombojoe:

alright one thing you could do to improve your play is to dodge backwards more often to avoid getting your head sliced off by a messer

I heard dodging backwards was a pretty good strategy as maa. Also heard stab was a good attack to use with broadsword.

• @swagfox:

I heard dodging backwards was a pretty good strategy as maa. Also heard stab was a good attack to use with broadsword.

fools dont know about my throwing knife strats

• @zombojoe:

I’d love to take your advise, but maybe you should start beating us in scrims before you start trying to become professor?

Honestly, I had no issue with you Zombo, but you started the fighting words. Too bad you never back them up when we scrim. BAM fighting words returned.

• @Mystikkal:

I’d love to take your advise, but maybe you should win one scrim against us before you start trying to become professor?

that is a zinger