The best FFA mod (save a server today)

• I am not much of FFA fan but the one mod that does make it a lot of fun is the fall to your death mod.

Anyway one of the reddit guys posted that his busy server is going to go away unless some donations can come in to help with server costs.

http://www.reddit.com/r/ChivalryGame/comments/2ffyk2/best_way_to_communicate_with_people_who_use_your/

• FFA is just a contest of who has the strongest melee weapon, who the fuck would play it
    there already is an EU server with the same map so you can play there if you don’t mind the ping
    also that map is shite

• @Albert!:

FFA is just a contest of who has the strongest melee weapon, who the fuck would play it
    there already is an EU server with the same map so you can play there if you don’t mind the ping
    also that map is shite

By that logic fists are the strongest weapon.

FFA is luck based.

• @lemonater47:

By that logic fists are the strongest weapon.

FFA is luck based.

that’s what I meant, once you have the strongest weapon it all comes down to luck how great score will you have, I don’t understand what you mean by fists though

• @Albert!:

that’s what I meant, once you have the strongest weapon it all comes down to luck how great score will you have, I don’t understand what you mean by fists though

You never won by fists?

• I’ve seen lowranks jsut charging all over the place and get topscores in FFA, clearly not a mode worth palying what so ever.

• If you look at one game of FFA in a vacuum the winner often requires a bit of luck to win. However if you look at average scores and wins skillful players will always be rewarded.

That’s one reason that makes FFA so fun (especially for new players) you are rewarded for your skill but you can get a boost based on luck. If you play enough everyone gets that moment of joy when then win or do very well. Where a new player will get very quickly frustrated at a game of LTS against people much better than him.

At the end of the day people play video game for different reasons, some people love FFA other hate it. Different game modes also require different skill sets.

Anyway thank you for posting this, I really appreciate it! :)

• No, Chivalry does not have any feature for displaying information to players joining your server. Sadly, this has been like this since Chiv was first launched and after 29 patches, it’s still the same, which makes me pretty sad.

It shouldn’t be hard to implement, at least in a basic form, but whatever. TBS seems to pay little heed to small communities outside the Pub/official server scene. They must think a feature like a Message of the Day is lowest prio. Requests like these have been posted often enough, and even a mod commented he’d try to lobby for such a feature.
    Because, really, “subscribe to an event on X day”, “donations pls”, “hey come check our forum”, “check out our tips section so you don’t suck” are probably LOW PRIORITY CONCERNS to keep small communities alive (I apologize if I sound bitter for this, but it’s the plain truth).
    With the new UI there could be banners, and stuff, other than a very basic message in yellow, but whatever.

There are 3rd party tools, some more shitty or hard to implement than others, to have an announcer or messaging system on your server.

What I tried was the Rcon tool. Chiv’s server is runnin on a datacenter, and the RCON connects from my own computer at my house. It was developed by a guy and its got many bugs and stability issues. Fortunately, mine has been running pretty well and I even set up a SSH server and a command line interface so I can connect and restart the tool when I’m not at my house.

The other alternative is installing BigBrotherBot, which is a nightmare considering you need SQL and PHP support.

Edit: Maybe some service providers might give you an already preinstalled RCON tool (like B3) but you could only use it in after you switch servers. PM if you need any help with the Rcon Tool.

• I got votekicked from this server for using a sling. Never went back.

• @dudeface:

I got votekicked from this server for using a sling. Never went back.

That can happen on any server.