Poll: Archer damage reduction

• Seems to be popular nowadays. Assuming there are going to be no major rework of archers, such as special damage types to reduce damage against armored opponents - do you support a significant reduction in archer damage.

In general that is, really just talking about bows and crossbows (not slings or javelins).

• 50% reduction for legs and torso dmg and give flinch back is a good compromise for the all the archers wanting flinch back

• wheres the reduce dmg by 100% option?

• Give flinch back? Aww, hell naw!

• Mod

Greatly reduce damage and only add flinch back if it’s fixed by only flinching you in windup and not aimpunching you at all if you’re hit in release (obviously no flinch out of parry or flinch in release or anything silly).

• Global Moderator

Only the light crossbow needs a damage reduction.

Reducing the damage by 1% severely changes HTK lol.

• @lemonater47:

Only the light crossbow needs a damage reduction.

Reducing the damage by 1% severely changes HTK lol.

Pretty sure that’s the point.

Edit: And every bow needs its damage reduced or it needs to be much, much harder to aim/hit players, either one.

• Global Moderator

@SHH_:

Pretty sure that’s the point.

Edit: And every bow needs its damage reduced or it needs to be much, much harder to aim/hit players, either one.

How about make it much more punishing so when they end up in melee they are at a disadvantage.

Stamina drain while drawing bows.

And decrease all leg damage by 50%.

• Nerfing archers for combat is not fun if you are an archer in melee - just means they will run and you will have to chase them around the map.

In general I do not see an issue with reducing damage with the archer, it will still be a fun class, I find most of the joy is landing hits, not necessarily a high kill rate.

The only downside is that rage against your own teams archers will be higher in pub TO matches. As it is there are a lot of people who kill plenty and then use up their low TK percentage on their own archers who are under-performing.

Funny thought given that - healing arrows ! lol

• Global Moderator

They don’t have a high kill rate. They have the lowest kill rate lol.

• zombojoe pls

also ~70% ppl want damage nerf 30% or more, checkm8 lemon?

• Global Moderator

@rumpelstiltskin:

zombojoe pls

Its the 4 most intellegent people on the forum.

• @lemonater47:

never seen bigs the aimbotser play. If it wasn’t for him and his arrows around fucking corners going over logs and under or through the terrain into my eyeball, I would have a good kd as a vanguard. But no, this guy ruins my day every day.

That and messer hit trades……

• @lemonater47:

Its the 4 most intellegent people on the forum.

Wut, but you’re in there m8. No australian player knows how2balance lol. Your kangaros are nice and all, but they aren’t the best chivalry players in teh world.

• Global Moderator

@Huggles:

never seen bigs the aimbotser play. If it wasn’t for him and his arrows around fucking corners going over logs and under or through the terrain into my eyeball, I would have a good kd as a vanguard. But no, this guy ruins my day every day.

That and messer hit trades……

So an aimbotter does good with archer. Whoopdedo we should totally balance archers around hackers.

@Huggles:

Wut, but you’re in there m8. No australian player knows how2balance lol. Your kangaros are nice and all, but they aren’t the best chivalry players in teh world.

Well good thing I’m not Australian.

• This post is deleted!

• @lemonater47:

So an aimbotter does good with archer. Whoopdedo we should totally balance archers around hackers.

That was a joke, the point is he’s so good people accuse him of haxing. He’s legit, just evil no fun arching. You must be fun at parties m8

• @rumpelstiltskin:

zombojoe pls

also ~70% ppl want damage nerf 30% or more, checkm8 lemon?

got to love public polls lol

• This post is deleted!

• @lemonater47:

Maybe you have the lowest kill rate as an archer supporting no nerfs but the rank 45+ I encounter have high kill rates in pubs, I would expect 30% comes from melee.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.