War is Coming

• As the candles burn low in these dark days before battle, the mercenary forces against the Knighthood are massing on the other side of no man’s land. There I go again with the drama. I’ll stop that there before I get carried away by the men in white coats.

I have been asked to do an update post that lists the participants so here it is… Btw it’s an update to this thread… http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/21559-Declaration-of-War

There have also been a couple of questions/suggestions raised so I’ll deal with them first.
    The direct link to our sign up thread “Declaration of War ~ Sign Up” is http://www.knighthood.eu/forum/m/8931920/viewthread/15036172-declaration-war-sign-up/post/last#last

… and this should not be confused with The Knighthood Needs You! thread which is where the Knighthood’s forces are mustering.

To reiterate the Battlefield Etiquette we really don’t care what “exploits” people use. If they are cheap then it’s up to you if you want to look cheap, the event will be on twitch and youtube so I’d suggest that you make a good show of it. That said, with the noble knights that have signed up already I don’t see that this is an issue.

Before I go on to list the mercenary forces against the Knighthood, there is one little itsy bitsy tini wini rule: Only the Knighthood can wear our emblem on the night, it’s Rosey (no.97). Probably pointless mentioning this but there it is just in case.

So without further ado:-

**The Lists to Date ~ Mercenary Forces
    **RK|Planetus
    Biochemistry Man
    RK| Olikoper
    RK| Jetstream
    MLG
    [GLD].Nøχа ®
    Vesanus
    RK|Boose
    RK|Amon
    RK|Lakritz
    RK|Dubjay
    RK|Vaeka
    RK|Rumpel
    |TPL| Mateblood
    JP
    [GLD].MacRdy
    [GLD] RR x MyTH
    [GLD].SҠiwi
    [GLD].Stockholm
    RK|Mean
    |TPL| Ludicosity
    Pallyretri

Yep; that’s right there are still a couple of places left, judging by the quality of the opposition they probably don’t need any help but it’s 26 v 26 so there are still some “guaranteed to fight” places left. We also have a reserve list in waiting and I’d suggest that it’s worth being on it if you don’t make the first 26. Presently we have enlisted thirty or so KnH members past and present, so on our side we will probably rotate to give everyone a piece of the carnage. We are also expecting a few alcohol related injuries along the way so I have that covered.

When I first thought of this madness as a way to celebrate our reunion party/party/celebration of 20,000 visitors to our website party/it’s nearly two years since this shit started party, I did think that a few of Chivalry’s newer players would sign up to fight against us. Sadly this hasn’t happened. Don’t get me wrong the forces against us are looking like a whos who of Chivalry, which is great. It’s just that I saw this as a fun event where the wider playing community could participate. Guess people thought that they wouldn’t have a chance of bagging any coin? Well I can’t argue with that. If you are a middle ranked player, even with the scoreboard handicapping, I really can’t see you bringing home the bacon. That is until now!

Announcing the Bonus Prize
    A plucky squire prize of £25 will go to the mercenary player who excels when fighting on the shoulders of the top notch knights that are the mercenary forces to date. This prize will be awarded at our discretion.

Is anyone wondering who will be fighting for us? Here is what we have so far…
    The Lists to Date ~ KnH
    Lazerkaos
    Jonasi
    Nero
    Elwebbaro
    Sir Kaz
    Fox
    Blackfish
    Hady
    Urban Vermon
    Dusty
    Jakal
    DeBalti
    Rekrab
    Shard
    Hawk
    Intense Mountain Goat
    4242-564
    Grim Reaper
    Such Infamous
    Hides on Tree
    Gomes
    Loth
    George
    Ser Sigmund Ringeck
    Twyster
    Sponge Mother Fucking Bob
    Valyr
    PR
    Whitefangwolf
    Rai
    Leading by Example
    Nathan
    Kempa (that’s me)

Yep you are right, a few of our big names are missing but don’t worry we will be there and hopefully a few of the old guard are reading my Steam message right now… please God they are.

One last thing to bring this update thread to a close. We do have a spare spectator place if anyone else wants to get this on their twitch/youtube channels. Let me know by posting here or PM me at www.knighthood.eu

• Why all you need now is Sm clan from sneaky monkey to join the mercenary side tbh.
    Loin is the devils advocate tbh.

• Meh too blind to find the reply button on Knh forums lol, but Mean aka Naem atm, signing up.

• This post should have been pinned imo. This Event approaches and were is it a page back buried in thee shredder of board.
    I thought this was on the 12th of sept?

• my names jonas not jonasi. also i think i owe knighthood an apology but i havent been able to find the website, enjin says is down. can you give me some info on what happened?

• u gotta sign me out cuz i told me planet to not sign me up that little bollocks

• I told planet not to sign me up and he didn’t. Perhaps he jsut doesn’t listen to you Rumpel, you guys should talk to eachother to try and figure it out. Perhaps he just doesn’t understand Polish :L

• It’s just nobody listens to MaAs.

• @Xylvion:

I told planet not to sign me up and he didn’t. Perhaps he jsut doesn’t listen to you Rumpel, you guys should talk to eachother to try and figure it out. Perhaps he just doesn’t understand Polish :L

dont worry m9 im gonna sign u up

• OK I wasn’t ready for all of the eve of battle sign ups, oh yes it is indeed the eve of battle! I was thinking how I’m I gonna get more players to sign up (which was a bit depressing) but here we are; the forces have mustered across the misty field that is…

I’ll just leave that sentence there and get the confirmed entrants/reserves list sorted followed by frantic Steam friend requests to all concerned.

So glad you are all up for the madness.

EDIT: So here is the lists for the mercenary forces in order of sign up. In the next 24 hours we will need to be communicating effectively so please accept my steam requests ASAP so that we can get you into a steam group.

RK|Planetus
    Biochemistry Man
    RK| Olikoper
    RK| Jetstream
    MLG
    [GLD].Nøχа ®
    Vesanus
    RK|Boose
    RK|Amon
    RK|Lakritz
    RK|Dubjay
    RK|Vaeka
    RK|Rumpel
    |TPL| Mateblood
    JP
    [GLD].MacRdy
    [GLD] RR x MyTH
    [GLD].SҠiwi
    [GLD].Stockholm
    RK|Mean
    |TPL| Ludicosity
    Pallyretri
    Crispy,
    kingler,
    atom,
    remen,
    Barkas,
    babar,
    mihaimese
    honourbound
    Sora.
    Janexo

Hopefully; the names above are your Steam/Chiv names. We did say sign up with your Steam/Chiv names so that we can get the Steam group set up. Still; given the number of clans, I can’t see communication being too much grieve (famous last words no doubt)…

Anyway to answer a couple of question…

@loin:

I thought this was on the 12th of sept?

Indeed it is. Mustering 7pm BST; battle starts around 7.30pm.

@rumpelstiltskin:

u gotta sign me out cuz i told me planet to not sign me up that little bollocks

You are in RK|Rumpel

@J-D:

my names jonas not jonasi. also i think i owe knighthood an apology but i havent been able to find the website, enjin says is down. can you give me some info on what happened?

Getting a bit confused got a cQc | JONA on my friends list, who must be formally KnH ~ Jonasi?; Anyways we (KnH~Kempa) spoke the other other night in game, godspeed to your arrows! So jonas if that’s you great, if not we don’t have you signed up for either side as yet.

I’ll be around if anyone has any more questions.

• Sophax would like to play in this on our team. He’s not able to post on forum due to ban.

• @Reginhard:

You are in RK|Rumpel

I meant sign me OUT, not in :p

• Nobody listens to MaAs.

• @Jetstream:

Sophax would like to play in this on our team. He’s not able to post on forum due to ban.

With Rumple out; that puts Sophax in the number 27 slot. The chances are someone from the 26 won’t be able to make it. I’ve just got to get my hangover from last night sorted and do a bit of work before I can start checking in with people.

• Having a real problem finding some of you on Steam….

As a fail safe just meet up on our TS if I haven’t been able to reach you. The IP is ts.knighthood.eu there is also a direct link on our home page.

• Lets get on with the killing. I predict that g****s wins

• Getting a bit confused got a cQc | JONA on my friends list, who must be formally KnH ~ Jonasi?; Anyways we (KnH~Kempa) spoke the other other night in game, godspeed to your arrows! So jonas if that’s you great, if not we don’t have you signed up for either side as yet.

its me johnny derp, some people started calling me jonas so i changed my name to jonas. i havent been online a lot and im an asshole for not letting you guys know that i was going to take a break from chiv. i was planning to apologize to the whole knighthood but for some reason the KnH website is down and i havent really taken the time to contact you guys until now.

• T’was fun m’lords.

First 3 games were a clusterpinglmbfuckfest, but then it went smooth and everything was fine.

Thanks Knighthood for hosting this event and thanks to Rai and his brave server.

Killing u guys (with biomayne) using a catapult, over and over and over was quite enjoyable.

• Its very quiet tbh. How about some news for us pinheads here about how this event went? Who won who lost?
    Prizes won?

• @J-D:

its me johnny derp, …… for some reason the KnH website is down and i havent really taken the time to contact you guys until now.

No worries pal. We have changed the address of the website, it’s now www.knighthood.eu

Fuck my head hurts.

@Vesanus:

T’was fun m’lords.

Thanks man and thanks to everyone who helped make the event a fucked up chaotic masterpiece, it was everything that I hoped it would be.

I think I’m going to be sick now.

@loin:

Its very quiet tbh. How about some news for us pinheads here about how this event went? Who won who lost?
    Prizes won?

Gimme a chance Loin, a lot of us played “one death one drink” and oh how I died.

It was a great turn out, not completely sure who turned out but it was an eclectic group all the same. Our TS was mental, quite a few people ended up fighting for the wrong side but who cares it was fun.

I’m really struggling to keep my right eye open without intense pain across my forehead.

Anyways; this is how the shit went down…

First off was Hillside, the mercenary forces attacked and smashed through our defenses as if we weren’t there. It was a slaughter. Then the Knighthood attacked Darkforest and didn’t get past the first objective. This was followed by a quick fag break and a dash to my fridge for more beers. Next up the Knighthood defended Citadel and we manged to save the very last slave, it was weird that the last slave was Dave from the Save a Dave nonsense I wrote ages ago. The exact same slave from the picture. Epic.

So with the Knighthood 2-1 down we went on to the forth map, except we didn’t, we actually played what was meant to be the fifth map. By this time a fair few people pretty much fought for whoever they wanted to. Still, the Knighthood made up the bulk of the Mason army, just. It was close but the mercs won the day. The last battle, the one that was meant to be forth battle, was abandoned, guess people had had enough of the madness by that stage. So the end result was mercenary forces 3 - Knighthood 1. GG

and now the bit that you have been waiting for… The Prizes!

In reverse order…

Joint third place winning £5 each
    Jetstream and what looks like from my sketchy notes DL Cyourb, don’t actually know who this guy is but he came second on Hillside. With Jetstream coming second on Darkforest. There would of been another £5 prize but KnH ~ Fishlips took second place for the mercs on Battlegrounds (thanks a bunch Fishlips, we said Mason, oh well at least you saved us a fiver).

**Second place winning £15
    **TPL Barkas, he finished top on Hillside.

First place winning £30 and a six month 24 slot server rental from Simrai
    Thanatos, he topped the merc’s scoreboard on both Darkforest and Battlegrounds.

I managed to catch up with Thanatos and pay him on the night, I’ll put him in touch with Simrai to sort out the server over the weekend.

As far the rest, they need to get in touch.

Lastly; a massive thank you for everyone who took part in the madness. I’d say lets do this again sometime but Chivalry is dead. Apparently. Or is it?

PS. If anyone has any footage, I’d love to see it.

Oh look here’s some https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6f_Sr9ZalKA&channel=UKJG95

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.