Preferred Format of TO

• So I was curious what format people preferred when they played TO. I generally enjoy smaller engagements in the range of 6-9 people which is why Lg TO is a 18 player server. The general competitive format has been 5 man teams with 50% rule, meaning that no one class can exceed 50% of the team(2 of each class max).

Yesterday Lg and F did a 6v6 all melee scrim on stoneshill which turned out to be quite fun. It was constant clashes of melee charging into each other without worrying about being shot from half ways across the map. Although the no archer was nice, I notice how drastically the play changed and not necessarily for the better. In my opinion, an archer limit of 1 on a 6 man team would help discourage certain tactics while forcing you to work in cover/shields into play. I have some pics from the game, Legion narrowly lost but the scrim was a blast with how tight everything was.

Anyhow. My question is, whats more enjoyable to play/watch since we’d like our future tourneys to be enjoyable for chiv players to watch. Our up coming tourney is the 5v5 50% rule TO tourney, so that one isn’t changing, but I am looking to the future for ideas.

• 50 man pug.

• anything above 5v5 is bad and a clusterfuck imo

^talking about scrims. pubs whatever is good

• @lemonater47:

50 man pug.

I’m glad you brought this up. I was apart of a 20 man PUG last night… Took a long time to get going because of technical issues then a long kendo only for the winning team to choose hillside…

Hillside!!! The worst map in the game for comp play. After all that set up, the PUG ended up with 2 DNF on stage 1. I’m officially done with PUGs.

@CRUSHED:

anything above 5v5 is bad and a clusterfuck imo

Which is why I like 6 man format. Allows 5 v 5 melee, then have 1 archer limit so you don’t have 2 cheeseball archer setups on open maps. Also 6 man formats allow for more variety in team comps IMO, since you aren’t only having 4 melee positions to shuffle around.

• cant really take anything above 5v5 seriously because the combat system turns the game into a clusterfuck with more then 10 comp players fighting each other. trades everywhere and some objectives become pretty frustrating and random. the more players = the more inconsistent this game gets

been there done that , 7v7,8v8 pugs, unplayable lol. 6v6 is meh, doesnt really add anything, unneccessary, 5v5 is the best & most balanced for me

• @CRUSHED:

anything above 5v5 is bad and a clusterfuck imo

^ big dadda is right

anything above 5v5 is poop

• @CRUSHED:

cant really take anything above 5v5 seriously because the combat system turns the game into a clusterfuck with more then 10 comp players fighting each other. trades everywhere and some objectives become pretty frustrating and random. the more players = the more inconsistent this game gets

been there done that , 7v7,8v8 pugs, unplayable lol. 6v6 is meh, doesnt really add anything, unneccessary, 5v5 is the best & most balanced for me

6v6 is fun because it actually becomes a 5v5 with archers attached, it becomes un fun though because sometimes the double archer meta will kick in when you go to a 6v6.

• Well pugs are the only way to get any sort of competitive play going down here. Ain’t many clans and they are pretty small or not serious.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/anzacpugs

• I know all you “forum frequenters” are set on your 5v5 master race, but, coming from a long time chiv player who has recently watched a few competitive games, it was just not entertaining to watch.

It was mostly people dodging arrows. Once in a while a cool arrow headshot happened.
    When melee finally engaged, the attacking team was usually hurting from arrow damage and then the defending team just forced trades to win.

There was rarely anything that looked “skilled” or impressive happening. Just a bunch of people mashing into each other trying to trade the enemy with the lowest health.

It could just be an issue with Chivalry though. Maybe it just isn’t a spectators game.
    I know it looks amazing when you are playing it.

Also, hi Chuck! Glad to have inspired your post!

• chivalry is a terrible competitive game

• @zombojoe:

chivalry is a terrible competitive game

chivalry never was and never will be a competitive game cuz its too inconsistent.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

chivalry never was and never will be a competitive game cuz its too inconsistent.

idk aimbots are pretty consistent

• @zombojoe:

idk aimbots are pretty consistent

This is why archers should be banned from comp m8

• @Huggles:

This is why archers should be banned from comp m8

nothing stopping ppl from using speedhacks in melee bruh

lag hakn is already real