Light flail or heavy flail: which is less bad?

• sup gents,
    i’ve been using the flail lately not for any other reason than using a spiked ball and chain in combat is pretty damn cool. the flails though are buggy to say the least. after using both light and heavy flails for some time now, i was wondering which is better to yall, the light flail or the heavy flail? lately i’ve been preferring the light flail more and more. any tips on mitigating the flails shortcomings?

• Only tip to prevent Flail anger is not to pick Flail at all.

Only thing that might be of use with the Flail is to tap the shield up and then immediately doing a shield bash (stab) afterwards. Either the opponent already panics at my fake block or he doesn’t respond to it but might be caught off guard by the lightspeed shield bash afterwards.

I don’t bother with the Flail ball itself. I don’t want to waste time on getting my opponent to parry early only for my perfectly-timed overhead to ghost through him 90% of the time.

And light flail is better imo. Slightly, slightly fewer occasions where even Knights just casually walk 2 steps back to evade your attack.

• It’s possible to get kills with the light flail.

• I feel like the question you posed is. Which is it better to die of: AIDS or Cancer? The trick to this question is, no matter which you choose, you lose in the end.

• @ChuckingIt:

I feel like the question you posed is. Which is it better to die of: AIDS or Cancer? The trick to this question is, no matter which you choose, you lose in the end.

best post today

• Flail master race. I use the heavy flail so that I can 2 shot knights.

• I’ve actually had a fair amount of success with the heavy flail in Duel servers, but if you’re fighting MAA you’d better switch to your secondary if you’re hoping to land a hit.

• Mod

Heavy flail because it hits harder. Whip the shit out of people and play this song on full volume. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKa72wxTGq8

• The heavy flail looks best with the Mason armour and the light flail works well with Agatha. But don’t use them, you aren’t meant to use them, that’s what the broadsword is for.

• @ChuckingIt:

I feel like the question you posed is. Which is it better to die of: AIDS or Cancer? The trick to this question is, no matter which you choose, you lose in the end.

AIDS cuz at least you can take someone down with you

• I find heavy flail works better. They both have terrible windup-release and wierd tracres, so pick the one that counts when it hits.

Once you get used to it, you can do some good spin2win. The real downfall of the flail is that it will randomly ghost 1/6 shots or there abouts.

Also, Tower shield.
    The mouse-up shield hit is a lifesaver, so good for a quick flinch.

• kite and witch king flail (the better one). heavy flailers just gots the damage with the swipes. plus as most excellent toll has said, spin2win meta is glorious gods based with witch king flail. can catch a lot of people in butt with strange swings and tracers

• Before the flail changes, heavy flail was the only way to go but now it’s the original flail. You will absolutely need the extra wind up speed and tracer animation ranges with the normal flail. The slight bit of extra damage with heavy trades off way too much. Normal flail overhead combos are brutally fast for the damage they offer but you gotta’ live with all the problems.