Experience points = how are they counted?

• Hi… i wanna rush lvl 50 (i rly like that golden helmet) and i wanna know how XP are counted? Does matter damage, kills and assist, winning a game, game type?

Pan Kočka

• Kill: 200 points.
    Assist: 100 points.

Those are the only factors that matter. You need to play against real people and I believe there’s a minimum of 5-6 players that need to be on the same server as well. Though I’m not sure about that last part.

Note that the gold helmet may attract too much unwanted attention from enemies and if you rushed your way to rank 50 you’re gonna get beaten up pretty bad.

• Actually, on that subject, how are assists counted?

• @Skindiacus:

Actually, on that subject, how are assists counted?

If you are playing a teamed up match - ie, TO, TD, LTS
    You damage opponent an a team mate kills them - you get the assist :) - but it doesn’t work for fire pots

• thanks… so… let the killsteaking begin!

• i ve read about some rank bug (that you get low lvl on another steam account)… will experience points earned on the second account( low lvl) counted on the main account?

• @Rickvs:

Kill: 200 points.
    Assist: 100 points.

Those are the only factors that matter. You need to play against real people and I believe there’s a minimum of 5-6 players that need to be on the same server as well. Though I’m not sure about that last part.

Note that the gold helmet may attract too much unwanted attention from enemies and if you rushed your way to rank 50 you’re gonna get beaten up pretty bad.

to get xp points from BOTS you need to have some kind of minimum player amount
    also, you won’t earn ANY xp if you’re playing a custom map or a mod
    if you wan’t to get fast ranks play FFA with a big ass weapon like messer or greatsword, if you don’t like FFA you can play TO on the defending team

• so even black knight mod will not count?

• Do you get less XP for a FFA kill than a TO kill?
    Because I remember getting 1000 xp for 20 kills on FFA… But usually I only get around 10 kills for To, so it balances out.

As for assists, so if I hit somebody with a throwing knife, and then 2 minutes later somebody kills him, do I get an assist?

• @Skindiacus:

Do you get less XP for a FFA kill than a TO kill?

As for assists, so if I hit somebody with a throwing knife, and then 2 minutes later somebody kills him, do I get an assist?

1. No.
    2. Yes.

1. Experience gained is hard-coded. In other words, every gamemode gives the same amount.
    2. Assists are calculated by damage done to an opponent. As long as the opponent doesn’t regenerate back to full health, it doesn’t matter how long it takes for the finishing blow to be delivered by your teammate.

@Albert!
    Do you mean bots don’t give experience in custom maps or mods or there is no experience obtainable from custom maps or mods at all?
    Because I do recall some profitable rounds in Duelyard where I got exp from.

• @Rickvs:

1. No.
    2. Yes.

1. Experience gained is hard-coded. In other words, every gamemode gives the same amount.
    2. Assists are calculated by damage done to an opponent. As long as the opponent doesn’t regenerate back to full health, it doesn’t matter how long it takes for the finishing blow to be delivered by your teammate.

@Albert!
    Do you mean bots don’t give experience in custom maps or mods or there is no experience obtainable from custom maps or mods at all?
    Because I do recall some profitable rounds in Duelyard where I got exp from.

not sure about that, when they initially removed gaining xp from mods they removed it from custom maps as well, I remember when Crushed got rank 60 it was a custom map he was farming not with a xp gaining mod, so it’s not only mods you could’ve gotten high ranks

• You can get XP in servers with custom maps (like duelyard) but not in modded servers. And if the server doesn’t have VAC enabled, you won’t get any XP.

• Gold helm is an arrow magnet. Also, you’ll notice your corpse getting tea-bagged a lot more.

And Jon’s right, you get XP on custom maps now, as long as all the other criteria are met.

• I ve send the response but it didnt apear… what about black knight mod? theres also no XP?