Chiv on linux

• In case somebody actually cares and doesn’t follow TB’s FB page.
    https://www.facebook.com/Chivalrythegame/photos/a.375448502494830.86460.117802204926129/816249181748091/?type=1&theater

PS. Dont read the comments, cancer inside

• I don’t have Linux but I’m still happy that it’s being ported. It can only do good to the game.

Every comment section in Facebook is filled with cancer, no big surprise.

• Kuba Koszewski fix the fucking glitches !!! and nerf that fucking vanguard

lmao dem comments

• @Bladek:

In case somebody actually cares and doesn’t follow TB’s FB page.
    https://www.facebook.com/Chivalrythegame/photos/a.375448502494830.86460.117802204926129/816249181748091/?type=1&theater

PS. Dont read the comments, cancer inside

Tbh it amazes me that you linux lot trolled steam and here with impunity. The fact is we are here with some
    ingame problems that need sorting out should take a back seat to some amber leaf gummy linux users is
    bs imo. Because of all the script files and lack of professional drivers I doubt Chivalry would last as long
    as it does on windows without a crash or three. If steam can’t get it to support all of its game how do
    you think it will work on Chivalry? -1 for linux tbh.

• TBS is too undermanned to start releasing linux builds

think of all the bugs they cant fix already, now add all the bugs linux is going to introduce

• Well you never know, they might being outsourcing it and not actually spending much time on it themselves.

But for such a tiny community (I mean who runs Linux with a power machine with a great video card?) not sure I see the point - maybe 20,000 sales at most?

• Fix bugs first, expand later.

• Tbh if TB is interested the Best Gaming distro I came across was called Ultimate which ran Q3 with nps after install.
    TB needs to consider if making a linux Chivalry will it only run on certain Linux os’s? As a lot of them don’t have
    wine or help files to set up games or scripts. TB could contact the Steam guru’s who are working on steam linux
    They would be able to save a lot of time in breaking in new ground for TB.

• yay. a pinguin is running chivalry on a mac… saying soon.
    i think we will see soon the mac port.

But for such a tiny community (I mean who runs Linux with a power machine with a great video card?) not sure I see the point - maybe 20,000 sales at most?

soon all steam machines

• mac port was part of the kickstarter goals

• @KingJoff:

yay. a pinguin is running chivalry on a mac… saying soon.
    i think we will see soon the mac port.

soon all steam machines

I wouldn’t brag about that because if this steam os and box is received don’t be surprised if they bring out
    some kind of fee for using the os further down the road. In essence they are just trying to replace microsoft
    with the steam profit model. Once they have it and you your choices are finished and you will pay what ever
    they demand with no other choices.

• Then i would install windows on my steam box or just another linux distro and the steam client.^^
    Or it is Gabe’s answer to Microsoft’s try having one huge windows store for all windows software.

• @loin:

I wouldn’t brag about that because if this steam os and box is received don’t be surprised if they bring out
    some kind of fee for using the os further down the road. In essence they are just trying to replace microsoft
    with the steam profit model. Once they have it and you your choices are finished and you will pay what ever
    they demand with no other choices.

I’m not sure man. Steam already takes a decent cut from games, and although R&D will be expensive on making an OS, I wonder if they’re hoping the money that comes in makes up that cost and then some. Regardless of if they charge or not I’ll be using debian anyways.