Parry2ez

• TBS will probably never fix the most broken part of their game, but this is it. Parrybox is too big, the length it lasts is a bit too long. This game used to be based on angling attacks and using footwork as a crucial parrying component requiring you to face the direction of an attack. Now it’s a land of hit trades, spin2win, and anal parrying.

If you’re off balance in anyway, you should get hit. If you just did a reverse, and someone ripostes into your back you shouldn’t be able to immediately block it by crouching and looking up behind you.

I don’t know how many times this has to get into the devs heads.

Make parry box smaller forcing you to keep every attack in your small rectangular shaped parry in the middle of your screen. Make is shorter, make it slimmer.

Make parries last a little bit less as well, all you have to do is crouch and mediocrately time it, you’re not really reacting to real time swings anymore you’re just half arsing every parry. It’s ridiculous, makes this game even more casual caterer stamina manager 2014.

**Pls fix tbs, you’re my only hope

^ I hate acknowledging the above fact tbh, top kek

• Parrying heavy weapon attacks with things like thrusting dagger should be looked at as well.

• Make parrying harder so just maa lmb to win. Sounds great.

• @mitchell22:

Parrying heavy weapon attacks with things like thrusting dagger should be looked at as well.

nah that’s ridiculous, the dagger already gets major stamina drain and has like 0 reach. Realism =/= balance

if you aim the dagger in a completely different direction or are parrying backwards, then the maul should go through your face tbh.

• @gregcau:

Make parrying harder so just maa lmb to win. Sounds great.

It’s called footwork and you have more reach.

Top kek

• I always thought it would be a neat idea if each weapon had its own unique parry box, with smaller faster weapons having less defensive ability than the slower longer ones. Additionally depending on the shape of the hitbox it might be easier to block a certain type of strike. I imagine such a change at this point might be too much though.

• @Huggles:

nah that’s ridiculous, the dagger already gets major stamina drain…

I personally don’t feel handicapped with the recent archer changes so this is rather subjective. Thrusting dagger is one of the things that makes archer an absolute god class. There could be a unique solution including one you have proposed.

@Huggles:

…and has like 0 reach.

@Huggles:

It’s called footwork and you have more reach.

• @mitchell22:

I personally don’t feel handicapped with the recent archer changes so this is rather subjective. Thrusting dagger is one of the things that makes archer an absolute god class. There could be a unique solution including one you have proposed.

all the daggers are terrible, only secondary worth using in a competitive scenario is the short sword for archers. Thrusting dagger has some extra reach, but it’s still bad. Takes like 5-6 hits to kill a knight they can take you out in 1. Around 4 hits against vanguards, almost all their weapons can take you out in one.

• @Huggles:

all the daggers are terrible, only secondary worth using in a competitive scenario is the short sword for archers. Thrusting dagger has some extra reach, but it’s still bad. Takes like 5-6 hits to kill a knight they can take you out in 1. Around 4 hits against vanguards, almost all their weapons can take you out in one.

sabre & short sword same htk as thrusting dagger overheads only

• @rumpelstiltskin:

sabre & short sword same htk as thrusting dagger overheads only

That’s pretty crae htk then, but it still doesn’t have to reach to be a smart choice.

• @Huggles:

This is why the class is called archer. Daggers will be finishers/self-defense most of the time. I get your point regarding competitive scene and inescapable one-on-one situations where you can’t afford to make mistakes but thrusting dagger really is the best weapon in archer’s melee arsenal. IMHO

• with the 0.4 windup Tdagger is useless even compared to cudgel.

• @Xylvion:

with the 0.4 windup Tdagger is useless even compared to cudgel.

oh yeah i never thought about that

shortsword is still stronk tho

• jup shortsword is still number one.