Tone general base speeds down a little bit?

• Tbh, If everything got a universally toned down speed dancing would be a valid consistent tactic instead of a gamble pro strat.

Now the only time you run is if you already hit someone and have a longer weapon with knockback involved. Even then you’re still gambling because of reverse knockback. Top kek

• @rumpelstiltskin:

you mean like in slasher?

http://www.gfycat.com/CluelessWiltedAlaskankleekai

Obviously made by Americans right?

• @rumpelstiltskin:

you mean like in slasher?

http://www.gfycat.com/CluelessWiltedAlaskankleekai

Does spin2win work is slasher? You guys really need an uber long Q & A

How does clashing work, does it have to be the same attack? Or any attack just angled at the opponents swing?

• slasher when???

• @Huggles:

Does spin2win work is slasher? You guys really need an uber long Q & A

Are u gonna miss hittrading?

-First hit flinch, always. The problem with fast weapons is resolved by the next mechanic, clashing. Hit-trading is impossible.

-Clashing the weapons occurs when they are in release, or if a significant amount of time has been spent in windup. The combat states effectively reset upon a clash, allowing you to parry, or start another attack.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Not at all, I’m a vanguard I never quite liked sow/messer lotto meta.

saw the reddit shit looks sick, ultimate support m8.

Animations look promising as well, super fluid.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Wait how will clashing stop all hit trading? If you opponent is doing an overhead and you go for a quick stab, that will be clashing?

Wouldn’t logically be, you get stabbed in the stomach, then your weapon coming from a high position will come down on his skull. How will clashing happen in this instance?

• @ChuckingIt:

Wait how will clashing stop all hit trading? If you opponent is doing an overhead and you go for a quick stab, that will be clashing?

Wouldn’t logically be, you get stabbed in the stomach, then your weapon coming from a high position will come down on his skull. How will clashing happen in this instance?

In that instance which ever weapon hit first would flinch.

However, it is more likely that if his overhead had been properly started and he had the full initative along with some reach advantage he would probably hit first. If the stab had just managed to catch up I wouldn’t know what to tell you, it looks to me however that first hit flinches first, or you’re going into a clashing mechanic.

• @Huggles:

In that instance which ever weapon hit first would flinch.

So then you’d never want to drag, since quick daggers could just poke your tummy?

• @ChuckingIt:

So then you’d never want to drag, since quick daggers could just poke your tummy?

Read edited version :L and the drags in this game don’t look like chivalry drags tbh, not like the zweihanded overhead that takes 9 years to get to you. Proper spacing and reach advantage + good footwork should be all you need.

• @ChuckingIt:

Let’s hope it’s a game without short fast weapons and only knights/vanguards with heavy armor and weapon fighting like Chivalry should’ve always been.

• @SOC:

Let’s hope it’s a game without short fast weapons and only knights/vanguards with heavy armor and weapon fighting like Chivalry should’ve always been.

you can still go light armour but devs already confirmed that there wont be any magical abilities like maa’s dodge.

• @SOC:

I’d love this tbh, but there are one handers. Only a broadsword last time I check I don’t really know. Just started stalking the reddit this mornin

• @Huggles:

I’d love this tbh, but there are one handers. Only a broadsword last time I check I don’t really know. Just started stalking the reddit this mornin

that sounds good. We don’t need any spammy noob weapons like dagger lol

• @Huggles:

Even then you’re still gambling because of reverse knockback. Top kek

I don’t think it’s a good idea to think of reverse knock back as an intended or permanent feature.

• @Cerebral:

I don’t think it’s a good idea to think of reverse knock back as an intended or permanent feature.

maybe not intended, by knowing the rate at which tbs fixes things it’s permanent.

• @Huggles:

maybe not intended, by knowing the rate at which tbs fixes things it’s permanent.

Yup, just like the ballista bugging out isn’t a bug. Its in fact the result of the ballista being built on quick sand.

• I wouldnt miss b0ckswings.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

I wouldnt miss b0ckswings.

Gimmicky playstyles where literally all people do is b0ckswings is pretty lame and annoying/crutchy/gimmicky but throwing one in once in a blue moon makes you look cool. Doing it all the time makes ya look like a dying cat