Greatsword OP? So is everything else.

• This post is deleted!

• @KevLar:

#theslashering

Yeah I can’t really wait to play it, man. The mechanics looks amazing, I hope it runs better then chiv and has something like the zweihander. I love the zweihander, such damage, such slow, such range

• To have the stomach to call poleaxe op

• @Muddy:

You don’t see low ranked players suddenly kicking ass because they are using GS

Actually, I witnessed just this from my level 22 brother who tried out Greatsword and 3rd person for the FIRST time. He went 60 - 10 or something in a full Official Dark Forest server, and the server had quite an amount of 40s and 50s. I play scrims and other various tryhard crap, and he scored higher than me rather effortlessly lol.

To be fair, he’s unusually good for his level cause we used to have seldom duel marathons against each other. He’s got quite the hang of the SoW feint -> stab meta for 1v1s as a result haha. But 3rd person + GS is just ez-mode for teamfights.

• @a:

Actually, I witnessed just this from my level 22 brother who tried out Greatsword and 3rd person for the FIRST time. He went 60 - 10 or something in a full Official Dark Forest server, and the server had quite an amount of 40s and 50s. I play scrims and other various tryhard crap, and he scored higher than me rather effortlessly lol.

I would just say this was a rare instance. Gr8sword will not turn a complete noob into a tiny threat, I would say bearded, claymore and daggers are best for that. Daggers and claymore for random desyncs and bearded for messing up and getting hit traded. I would say however that gr8sword can turn a player who knows the game mechanics fairly well but is mechanically shit, into a better player. But random rank 25 with a gr8sword is just as ez of a kill as random rank 25 with a double axe imo.

• increase OH windup by 0,025 (including combo times) seconds and shorten stab release a little bit. all these changes should be very minor because my experience with nerfs are that most of the times stuff (in any game) gets nerfed to infinity and becomes useless or gets buffed beyond the stars and becomes OP.

• Increase Bearded Axe damage on every strike to 144

• @a:

To be fair, he’s unusually good for his level cause we used to have seldom duel marathons against each other. He’s got quite the hang of the SoW feint -> stab meta for 1v1s as a result haha. But 3rd person + GS is just ez-mode for teamfights.

Surely you would have taken a screenshot of that

• @a:

You’re making thing up again, arnold……

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHDtwNX72G4

• Don’t nerf claymore! I love my instant crouch-lookdown-overhead ripostes!

• Sorry no screens it was just a pub hah, but his name is kimph and he is the official BO$$MAN slayer (you can ask ret about this if he remembers lol)

• hws feels like i can actually fight against it again, in it’s natural form. combine it with a shield however and it’s just as broken as it always was.

poleaxe is okay but it’s basically only got stabs going for it, you’d have to feint to get a hit otherwise since it’s overheads and slashes are a breeze to parry. It’s basically just a stab wonder now… of course you can use your teammates as distraction but you can do that with any weapon.

zwei can drag for half an hour, it’s going to hit something eventually with great damage.

claymore, no one complains because it’s just a speedy weapon that runs down stamina quickly and doesn’t deal as much damage as sow or greatsword or even longsword for that matter… it may be on par with longsword, speed vs drags i guess.

pretty much what makes the game broken is not necessarily the weapons but how they animate… and the amount of desync and lag. Desync and lag are not really balance related to weapons themselves, just shitty broken-ness of game. of course there are good servers out there, and bad ones namely the official servers ran by multiplay. They are obviously not equipped to handle a game as robust as chivalry.

• GS could be slowed down a bit. Other than that I think it’s fine. VGs are supposed to be highly offensive damage dealers. I do agree with OPs point though. I’ve heard complaints about MOST weapons being OP, or players “exploiting” them somehow. Most of the whining is just a result of bruised egos or a victim mentality.

True story bro.

• @lejosh:

GS could be slowed down a bit. Other than that I think it’s fine. VGs are supposed to be highly offensive damage dealers. I do agree with OPs point though. I’ve heard complaints about MOST weapons being OP, or players “exploiting” them somehow. Most of the whining is just a result of bruised egos or a victim mentality.

True story bro.

For me gr8sword speed isn’t the problem - I hate it cause of rocket knockback and huge stam drain.

• I hate all VG knockback. Except for when I time a jump parry just right as maa. Fastest back pedal evar.

• Its less that these weapons are a problem and more that bubble needs to be reimplemented.(Just kidding)
    Just imagine the hurt when this comes on console and the 3million% larger player base say the usual newb stuff….

• @giantyak:

Its less that these weapons are a problem and more that bubble needs to be reimplemented.(Just kidding)
    Just imagine the hurt when this comes on console and the 3million% larger player base say the usual newb stuff….

I did not see that just kidding first.

• @giantyak:

Its less that these weapons are a problem and more that bubble needs to be reimplemented.(Just kidding)

I’m interested in seeing how Chiv performs on consoles, a lot of the more advanced dragging and reverse attacks will be insanely difficult to pull off on a gamepad.

• @Philoninternet:

I’m interested in seeing how Chiv performs on consoles, a lot of the more advanced dragging and reverse attacks will be insanely difficult to pull off on a gamepad.

Feints will be the go to option and with 30fps they might not even be possible to read.

• @Xylvion:

Feints will be the go to option and with 30fps they might not even be possible to read.

They are readable at 30.