A Collection of Arms & Armour

• @FireGiant:

The Elite knight set was cool for about a week, I started to notice how out of place the armours feel, especially the Agatha one.

Gotta agree with you matey. The Elite Skins just look a little bit out of place in my opinion. Too Flashy & Shiny and if you were to compare the texture work to the Vanilla Skins, they just dont look as good.

The Barbarians actually had some really… really really good looking textures & the models looked very realistic. They combined various materials.
    Leathers, furs, skin, chainmail and had unique features for each individual skin.

Too bad the idea of Barbarians was lame… and offending to the eye… :loyal: They just looked wrong fighting alongside the Europeanish based Models we have at the moment.

The new Vanguard Skins are probably the best I’ve seen from Torn Banner, they look the part… fit the European theme and have great texture work just like the barbarians.

• Tempered steel was pretty damn shiny.

• **Weapon & Armour List Updated Once Again! - 9/30/2014

Added

******Dark Ornate Blade - Messer
    The Rat - Heavy Flail
    Judgement Axe - Bearded Axe
    Unknown - Crossbow
    Fury’s Grasp - Zweihander

• Haha the Dark Ornate Blade’s on backwards.

Also what’s with all this fantasy crap, not sure how they figured that a Christmas tree looking sword or a peacock helmet would fit right in with the current authentic theme.

• I want dat kraken halberd tbh. greyjoys coming to chiv

• Just wanted to jump in and add that I agree that there’s too much fantasy and not enough cool real medieval designs.

• @Dr:

Just wanted to jump in and add that I agree that there’s too much fantasy and not enough cool real medieval designs.

Well someone did make this… Can’t get any more real than this.

• @Kim:

Haha the Dark Ornate Blade’s on backwards.

Also what’s with all this fantasy crap, not sure how they figured that a Christmas tree looking sword or a peacock helmet would fit right in with the current authentic theme.

I guess medieval=fantasy to some people. They play a game like this and start imagining all the cool fantasy shit they’d want in a similar game. You see it all the time with realistic medieval games. Mount & Blade for example, plenty of fantasy mods.

I do like the spatha and Temujin’s Legacy though. I have a M&B horse archer named Temujin haha.

• @jrmftw:

Well someone did make this… Can’t get any more real than this.

While that is certainly something realistic, I don’t see Henry VIII ever going into battle in armor like that,it was in fact just a gift from the Holy Roman Emperor. I think the real challenge to this competition was to make something Medieval looking that does not slip into fantasy,but what ever you make as well needs to be unique, but not so unique that it gets lost along and blends in with the rest of the games standard weapons. While the helmet above is something real,it’s very specific look means that’ll will stick out way to much when compared to everything else. One the best pieces in the competition I feel is the hound set,it’s unique to the game but aesthetically if added to the game it would just blend in with everything else.

• I actually quite like Infidel’s Bane, the Styrian Longsword, Eurasian bow, the Hound Set, The holy pattern shield, the rondel dagger, the mercenary and the renaissance sword. They are all good examples of weapons that look cool and are also historically accurate, or at least not fantasy looking.

For armor I like the mercenary archer, dark ornate helm and Temujin’s legacy.

• Gimme dat Bighorner Helm.

• Arms & Armour Contest Ends on 10/6/2014 - Expect many more skins Soon****™
    **Weapon & Armour List Updated Again! - 10/1/2014

Added

Harbinger - Maul
    Ornamental Blade - Longsword
    Noblemen’s Sainte - Spear
    Peasent Sword - Broadsword
    Sword of Dracul - Longsword
    Sun Brother - Norse Sword
    Wedge Helmet

• My god, Harbinger Maul is hideous!

• Most of the items made by polycount boys belong in Dota, not chiv.

I don’t want to see that in chivalry, bleh :s

• @Vesanus:

Most of the items made by polycount boys belong in Dota, not chiv.

I don’t want to see that in chivalry, bleh :s

b-but look how successful dota is!

• This post is deleted!

• Players posting comments have been more civil/nicer then I expected.

• @Oilystool:

Players posting comments have been more civil/nicer then I expected.

Yeah mate, your gear is quiet realistic and very aesthetically pleasing. I doubt you will run into much fire! Also, how is your 4th skin coming along? You better of not pulled the plug on that project!

• @YarnuTheDog:

Yeah mate, your gear is quiet realistic and very aesthetically pleasing. I doubt you will run into much fire! Also, how is your 4th skin coming along? You better of not pulled the plug on that project!

Well il did not mean myself,but the other entries,watching a few of them in PC as they progressed and reading comments here I figured some might be skewered a bit when they hit the Workshop. But I was mistaken.Then again still a lot of entries left.

sadly time has ran out on me to make more. New job means I do not have he time I had, so for these last few days I am merely spectating.

im curious to see how tightly TB will hold the keys to workshop items after the competition, if they allow entries to be made and given a fair shot at implementation I’ll consider making more weapons and items. Fact is I enjoy it and would love to make more.

Fun part has been playing Chiv and being recognized online for my weapons.

• ****Weapon & Armour List Updated Again! - 10/4/2014

Added

Chaos Blade - Messer
    Instigator Blade - Sword of War
    Northwind - Zweihander
    Headmonger - Halberd
    Tide Axe - War Axe
    Pathmaker - Grand Mace
    Renaissance Helm
    Serpent Helm
    Unknown Helm
    Fury Visor