How are the AI bots?

• Hey.

I heard this is one of those beautiful, few games out there where the developers have actually had the forethought and good taste to include AI-controlled bots for practice and enjoying the game without the pressure of playing against other people. That alone actually pushed the game a few notches up on my radar. So now that the game is out on STEAM - how are they? According to the developers, they are supported in all modes, but what about all maps? Are they fun to play with/against? Will they routinely get stuck in the scenery or otherwise glitch-out? Can you change difficulty? Can you customize your server to have bots replace missing players?

My decision on whether or not to buy the game more or less depends on what answers I get to these questions, as strange as that may sound to some of you. Thanks in advance for all constructive replies and input. I’m not expecting or demanding that they should be HAL 9000 -levels of brilliance, but I’m still hoping they’ll be able to genuinely entertain me.

• They work well as sparring partners, but are only supported in LTS, TD, KOTH, and FFA modes.

• They work well as sparring partners, but are only supported in LTS, TD, KOTH, and FFA modes.

According to the FAQ, they are supported in all modes. :?

• Also; the game supposedly supports up to 32 players. Is there any restriction on how many bots you can play with?

• @Lusketrollet:

Also; the game supposedly supports up to 32 players. Is there any restriction on how many bots you can play with?

yep 16. for unknown reasons. it’d be nice to not have a bot limit

• @nyuyu:

@Lusketrollet:

Also; the game supposedly supports up to 32 players. Is there any restriction on how many bots you can play with?

You can use the addbots command in the console to have more than 16.

• @FreakingCreepy:

@nyuyu:

@Lusketrollet:

You can use the addbots command in the console to have more than 16.

to what limit?

• to what limit?

Until the player cap is reached (32 players). You usually have to do the command “addbots 32” a few times to fill it up.

• I glad there are bots. I’m on dial-up connection, you see… So I prefer singleplayer… But I can play some multiplayer game without problems… I would not know about this game though and that is if I get a new computer for this game.

~Edit~

Fixed typos.