Torn banner will never fix this game

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Do you have battle toads tbh?

Sad truths of 2014 tbh

R.I.P Chivalry Medieval warfare.

October 2012 - June 2013

• Please, they did amazing balance changes a month ago. I am sure there will be another before Christmas.

• @gregcau:

Please, they did amazing balance changes a month ago. I am sure there will be another before Christmas.

amazing? those were basically hotfixes.

top kek

people know the balance patch as the customization patch tbh.

vanguards were cool tho

• Since this will get removed from the amazing balance thread

@loin:

NO doubt some of you pin headed peon peasant plebs upset TB again. They often go quiet like this and I don’t blame
    them myself. Most of you spend 24/7 asking for some change to a weapon or generally belittling TB’s efforts.
    Perhaps we need a new community manager bring back Kimiko. I have not seen TB interact or comment on
    gamers videos or wallpapers, even ones made for them publicly let alone the videos of scrims.
    –-
    I’d suggest even one of the moderators is also titled community manager/liason officer

You can hardly expect them to interact with the forum - 95% of the posts are written like 9 year olds.

The reddit is better, here it is all just tbh’s and top keks and lels and dumb replies to obviously sarcastic posts, not to mention the constant stream of yellow.

The days when the forums had mature people on it have long gone (and no I don’t classify myself as particularly mature).

So I am sure they are working on it, perhaps doing their own playtesting, but interact with the crowd here - pointless.

• @gregcau:

Since this will get removed from the amazing balance thread

You can hardly expect them to interact with the forum - 95% of the posts are written like 9 year olds.

The reddit is better, here it is all just tbh’s and top keks and lels and dumb replies to obviously sarcastic posts, not to mention the constant stream of yellow.

The days when the forums had mature people on it have long gone (and no I don’t classify myself as particularly mature).

So I am sure they are working on it, perhaps doing their own playtesting, but interact with the crowd here - pointless.

Slashering in alpha 1 man team > chivalry full release fully fleshed out dev team

We throw 26$ for a game that should be free2play and top 8$ per a skin that should really be 4$ I don’t think they should be expecting the community to praise all their hardwork and success tbh.

Underlined criticisms = to long to release a patch, only it to be basically a hotfix that could’ve been done in a day.

Screwing up unreal 3 = not possible, but history suggests otherwise

letting one coder dismantle all their hopes for fixing the game……

need I say top kek?

• @Huggles:

We throw 26$ for a game that should be free2play and top 8$ per a skin that should really be 4$

Seriously? Are you so poor that you cannot afford 26$. Save your lunch money a few days and that will cover it. For the price of entertainment it comes out to pay 2 or 3 cents per hour for a lot of people. Sorry if you think that is too expensive. But that cost has allowed TBS to build a team.

Perhaps you would have preferred it was free? Oh you did say that, in which case after initial release it would never have been continued, and the only servers running would be a few obscure clan servers.

And you asked someone else to read economics?

tbh top kek

• @gregcau:

Seriously? Are you so poor that you cannot afford 26$. Save your lunch money a few days and that will cover it. For the price of entertainment it comes out to pay 2 or 3 cents per hour for a lot of people. Sorry if you think that is too expensive. But that cost has allowed TBS to build a team.

Perhaps you would have preferred it was free? Oh you did say that, in which case after initial release it would never have been continued, and the only servers running would be a few obscure clan servers.

And you asked someone else to read economics?

tbh top kek

top kek, I would appreciate if you didn’t directly insult me and judge my character by my networth or my ability to afford things. I have a family and have enough trouble feeding my children. It’s a hard life y’know, and I don’t appreciate your slanders.

I’m sure the money they made really helped build the game up that was arguably better at release than it was now lel

Triple A games come at 60$ this has like 1/20 of the production value and is poorly crafted at that and it’s almost half of that asking price?

How would making it free2play draw in, LESS consumers?

People who work hour to hour, check to check and barely get on their feet come home at night feeling depressed and tired they want a game that’s worth the cost and good. I’d say the majority of people don’t find chivalry to be the best otherwise we wouldn’t have over a couple million sales and less than a 10k playerbase.

I can afford 26$ perfectly fine, and skins on top of that. Otherwise I wouldn’t be here would I.

What I can say, is that it’s really not worth that amount. Sure I can drop 400$ on a plastic watch if I had to. Who the fuck would tho? when you can go for gold m8

The sales dramatically boast the amount of people that play, then they end and people leave. Add more cosmetics and shit and make it free2play and tbs is already doing better financially.

Add some bypass of weapon unlocks for like 10$ people won’t resist they’ll think 75 kills is just toooo much. Or it must be the weapon not them :P

No excuse for tbs, your arguments are pretty bad tbh. Almost like the “how many games have you mad then son?”

I don’t get payed to make games so obviously I’m not better than you at it but the only thing holding chivalry up is they’re the only game that offers this experience. Someone else comes along tbs ship is sunk.

• i agree cmw should go f2p

• Lies and conspiracies they will fix the game. They are to keep the cards close to the chest tbh. It has to be a slow process
    paced to allow a healthy return. The panama hats should be on the horizon soon

• Slow process my ass.

Every single update that has come out as of late is just promotion material.

Even the latest “balance patch”. Exactly what did they change? Very, very little, and it’s only an excuse-update to release their vanguard skins. (which do look pretty güd)
    Then surprise surprise, the other 90% that was supposed to be in the balance patch is still left to our imagination over a month later.

• Need actual tutorial before f2p

• hmmm well see guys

• @CRUSHED:

who still cares about this game ? lol

considering rip irillia i assume you dont

• @CRUSHED:

who still cares about this game ? lol

I care about it until slasher is released and has a sustainable playerbase

• you might be right, dont know

• @Monsteri:

Need actual tutorial before f2p

Yeah, this game has revolutionary mechanics imo. Something I never saw in any other game, a nice tutorial is a must for something as inovative as this.

Slasher will need one too imo. Devs gotta think on their newer players, the competitive scene is important of course, but noobs are aswell, they might be the competitive scene in the future. You simply cannot neglect them, its a stupid move imo.

One of the biggest flaws in chiv imo is the lack of a decent explaination of the game mechanics, you see even a lot of veterans that are clueless about basic shit like dragging. It is not intuitive, in FPS games people are usued to aim with the crosshair, not with the animations.

I’m really hyped for Slasher, but I haven’t lost my faith in torn banner. Yeah this game has its flaws, but shit, its a great fucking game and I belive no one here can say otherwise, since most of you are also 1k+ hours in this shit and had tons of great moments in this game. Imo one cannot simply bash torn banner without seeing the great thing they did to the fps genre as a whole. Wanting or not, they are the avant-garde in first person fighting games and that by itself is pretty respectable imo.

Like DayZ, nothing like that has been done before so its a real challange for the devs. They deserve a lot of credit for risking do something diferent as Chivalry instead of going the easy Cowadoody way.

• yeah but dayz was a trainwreck

chivalry tried something new and succeeded tbh
    bad developer balance decisions broke the flow of the game

• @Monsteri:

I care about it until slasher is released and has a sustainable playerbase

Which is likely 2 or 3 years away.

• RIP Chiv October 2012-September 2014