Creating new gravestones?

• To keep my server alive I’ve been accepting donations and as a thank you I’m going to the donors name of some gravestones in my map.

I’ve used the SDK a lot for basic manipulation and placement of objects TB have made but I have no clue about adding new ones. All I want to do really is make a copy of one of the current graves and change the texture to add some text.

I assume this is pretty easy, but I don’t know where to start. Can anyone link me to a resource or something that could help?

• Ok, I’m not really proficient with the SDK, but I think I might have figured out how to do this. There might be an easier way. I don’t know.

Lay out the text you want to use on a gravestone in Photoshop (or any other image editor) on a 512x512 document. You can use different color channels to display different messages to reduce the amount of textures you need. Set each message as a different color (cyan, magenta, yellow, black) and on different layers and set each layer to multiply.

Here’s what mine looks like.

Save that as a .png and open up the SDK. Import your image as a texture and name it properly. Double click on the texture and set both Address X & Y to “clamp”

Create a new “MaterialInstanceConstant” in your package. Double click on it and change the Parent to “MaterialInstanceConstant’CHV_grave.MatInst.M_tomb_lucas” <- you can copy & paste that into the box without the quotes to speed things up.

Find “Words” under “Parameter groups > Texture Parameter Values” and make sure the box is checked. Change the texture to the one you imported.

You can turn off and on different colors under “Static switch parameter values” to change what color layer is displayed on your gravestone.
    http://i.imgur.com/MyIGuQq.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/cIPCUbV.jpg

Create a new material instance for each color on your texture.

You should now be able to drag these materials onto your static mesh.

Hope this helps!

• Thanks a lot for the very clear guide!

I’ll get back to you when I get time to give it a try. :)

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.