Inverse waterfall overhead

• What is this that it seems to go through parries - some of the obvious ones are like 1.21

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PVlNSNjpUA

Is it just that they are parrying a little too far to their left and you are striking the opponents right arm?

• They are just bad players who can’t parry.

Also lmao Waterfall Overhead, in yurop we call them drags.

• it’s called dragging

edit: damn you rumpel

• i like how unborn is like WTF WHAT IS DIS MAGIC

• There were a bunch of drags but running the video in slow mo starting 1.19 it looked like it was parried, though I guess it could be lag.

• Look at that superior NA crouch parry meta.

I don’t see why this is called “waterfall” overhead, whoever coined that term is a doody head.

• Global Moderator

If you screw up a crouch parry you just get hit in the head.

But it its just dragging around the parry. Didn’t know it had a name other than dragging.

• That’s called a neck hit m8, perfectly normal can be done on the otherside with an alt overhead as well. Best with weapons that have short windups long releases and are swords…… So messer and greatsword :P

After you can do it pretty consistently with them you can carry it on with anything.

Should happen more often imo, bad players with bad footwork and bad timing and bad aim shouldn’t be able to parry while so ridiculously off balance.

• Not even doing it properly

• I don’t get it. This is just like normal dragging.

• It’s the most basic form of dragging that typical bads don’t know how to parry lol.

• Waterfall. . . because people on pubs cry tears of jelousy and envy when you do it?
    We just call them drags.

• Just normal swing manipulation, ain’t even any delay on these.

• Yeah I don’t wanna hate on cyber but he’s barely using footwork lol… the proper technique for this involves footwork too. Most people just think that moving the mouse is the key, but in reality it’s all footwork.

• You’re hitting him when his parry is over because he can’t time parry Those Drags
    The ones going through parry are just going behind parry but it looks weird because it does

• The defauld 2h sword overhead starts right to left.

Noobs see the windup and turn towards the sword to parry.

Noob looks too far leaving his right side open to attack from a very simple drag.

Just another case of noobs not being able to handle this game’s shitty animations.

Just like how half of the parry recovery animations look like a half windup (any 1h sword) and how you can just flick your mouse to make it look like you are winding up.

This game throws so many curveballs at new players its a wonder that any stay to learn at all.

• No, that is lag…. on so many of those if you go frame by frame, you completely miss hitting anywhere on the player model, it doesn’t hit anything but it still registers a hit. That is lag and all you are doing is that you have gotten used to playing with your level of lag and know where to swing to get it to register a hit.

• @Retsnom:

No, that is lag…. on so many of those if you go frame by frame, you completely miss hitting anywhere on the player model, it doesn’t hit anything but it still registers a hit. That is lag and all you are doing is that you have gotten used to playing with your level of lag and know where to swing to get it to register a hit.

nope it’s a neck hit and pretty sure the tracers go above and behind into the neck.

Totally legit, easy2block if not bad and unbalanced.

​Players don’t know this because parrying is usually easy and dumb

• @Huggles:

nope it’s a neck hit and pretty sure the tracers go above and behind into the neck.

Totally legit, easy2block if not bad and unbalanced.

​Players don’t know this because parrying is usually easy and dumb

I can rewatch it again and post the exact secs in many of those swings where there is zero hitting of any player model by the weapon if you wish… but just watch it again. The blade hits nothing but registers a hit after the blade pretty much hits the ground. I agree they are drags, that is clear but if they totally wiff the player model and still register a hit, that is lag or bad netcode.

• LOL retsnom it has absolutely nothing to do with lag. Most of his swings are connecting around the legs anyway, so it hits late. Even if that weren’t the case the entire point of this is to curve the tracers around the outside of the parry box, then back in, once the tip of the sword is past the parry volume. As I think it was Jimmy who pointed out, this is way more effective with proper footwork.

This isn’t new stuff.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.