Balance Chivalry ????

• Why not ?? A balanced game sound better for me, why tornbanner dont approve dat ?

???
    ??
    ?
    ?
    ??
    ???

• its a mystery to me as well

• From the current patch thread.

@DaGGyzo:

We’re still here just quite busy at the moment. We expect the next patch to include quite a bit.

http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/21433-Chivalry-Medieval-Warfare-Patch-29-(Battle-for-Balance)?p=268131&viewfull=1#post268131

• No need to balance a game when it doesn’t run stably to begin with.

• Ooooh! Thanks knife!
    Really needed to see that post, but that thread is a bit too much for me to keep up with.

IMO the weapons themselves are ballenced alright for team fights.

If you aren’t doing to hot because of another players setup, then you need to learn to counter pick your class.

Also, #BuffKnightArrowResist2014

• You know what would also be great, aside from good balance?
    Bots.

• This post is deleted!

• @randomlvl40+:

Ooooh! Thanks knife!
    Really needed to see that post, but that thread is a bit too much for me to keep up with.

IMO the weapons themselves are ballenced alright for team fights.

If you aren’t doing to hot because of another players setup, then you need to learn to counter pick your class.

Also, #BuffKnightArrowResist2014

I dislike the idea of hard counters in a skill based game.

No weapon should utterly out match another or completely counter another in skill based combat. Classes are different, but weapons should be able to demolish any set up entirely if paired up with the right class/playstyle. Which just isn’t the case with this game and will be the case for slasher.

• @Huggles:

I dislike the idea of hard counters in a skill based game.

No weapon should utterly out match another or completely counter another in skill based combat. Classes are different, but weapons should be able to demolish any set up entirely if paired up with the right class/playstyle. Which just isn’t the case with this game and will be the case for slasher.

agreed on all accounts

thats how it used to be more or less before the june patch in regards to all the 1 handers

• Could give all the weapons the same exact stats then, sounds like a fun game.

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• @Skindiacus:

You know what would also be great, aside from good balance?
    Bots.

shut up about the bots the game wasnt advertised as a single player game. bots should be torn banners last priority behind making the mason peasant hat look less like an afro

• @Skindiacus:

You know what would also be great, aside from good balance?
    Bots.

I wonder, if TB made the bots truly competent, would there be any necessity for low-rank servers?

• @DaciaJC:

I wonder, if TB made the bots truly competent, would there be any necessity for low-rank servers?

Of course not. You could change the bots’s difficulty levels so beginning players could still get a kill or two.

Also, low rank servers would never be a problem again, because you could join any server you want and play with bots until the server fills up. If a player joins it replaces a bot.

Sick of people exploiting? Bots wouldn’t exploit. Sick of how stupid people are in the chat box? Bots don’t chat. Sick of empty servers? Bots will always be there for you.

• I think it would just be way too hard to make bots be competent in a game like chivalry. It’s not that hard with a first person shooter because the combat system isnt nearly as complex. How much work would it be to make a bot that could attack effectively using moves that could have any effect on a decent player? I think Torn banner just doesnt have the ability to make bots good enough for someone to have fun fighting them.

• @MichaelTurtles:

I think it would just be way too hard to make bots be competent in a game like chivalry. It’s not that hard with a first person shooter because the combat system isnt nearly as complex. How much work would it be to make a bot that could attack effectively using moves that could have any effect on a decent player? I think Torn banner just doesnt have the ability to make bots good enough for someone to have fun fighting them.

The analog nature of chiv’s combat system would make it extremely hard to make create ‘skilled’ bots, but there are other ways they could make bots fun. They could still improve the AI a lot to make them better, but they could also do things like make the bots team up together a lot more, which would be easy to do and increase the difficulty for human players.

Stuff like this, for example in a TO game:

Spawn a maul BOT
    Maul BOT waits at spawn for another BOT with a fast weapon.
    Maul BOT follows faster weapon BOT and targets the same enemy.
    Maul BOT attacks enemy .5 seconds after faster BOT

Making BOTS that team semi-effectively would be a lot easier than making BOTS that can drag properly and have tricks to bypass a decent players defence. They could make the BOTS have less fancy looking clothes and give them a plebeian look to indicate that they’re not skilled fighters, and the only chance they have is to gang up. The BOTS could represent levies or conscripts or something.

• I’d suggest just being able to select bots you want to fight against in offline play. ie Knight only bots or the class
    of bot you want to practice against. It would be easier to give players those options then getting into custom made
    bots and tinkering with ai.

• apropos BALANCE…
    the patch is one the best chivalry has ever recieved and i am seriously wondering why it has taken so long.
    so when i started the game first at that point of time when the patch got released and joined a server i’ve stumbled across the usual real (team) balance problems:
    hordes of rank 40 players in one team, in the other just sub 20 a few higher. seriosuly?
    how would one seriously try to improve balance when not even considering “auto balancing”- wtf
    balance patch, far from it.

also the biggest issue i have with the game, and which makes it more and more unenjoyable is the fact that there is also no ping limit and nothing to balance anything in that regard.
    i hate it being killed by someone just because he has a high ping. try to read his movement but you simply cant.
    i am not picky but 100ms ping is way too much for chivalry, when i play with 20ms ping why should i be the one getting punished when some hobo is stupid enough or deliberetaly joining “my” server with a +5 frames difference in latency when he could just join some fucking us server or whatever.

really fix this shit.
    i want a working and reasonable ping limit (i know torn banner wants as many customers as possible but there simply is no reason in 2014 and also judging by the amount of servers to have a ping like that, and why sanction the ones that match the connection speed the game requieres than other way round?)
    … yeah and real auto balancing.

• If there were better bots, I wouldn’t have to annoy you with my high ping.
    I would literally never play multiplayer again.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.