Some Suggestions for Chivalry

• Minor Suggestions
    1. Citadel Prisoner rescue
    In Stage 2 and 3 of Citadel. Instead of just disappearing freed prisoners/slaves they should run to Agatha’s spawn and disappear from there. Their character models still should not be solid and no collisions.
    2. Hillside Agatha opening.
    When Waiting for game to start, Agathians should be frozen on the boat that landed at the start of the match.
    3. Bring back Weapon Descriptions
    For new players to read.
    4. King Z-5 (Go for objective).
    Instead of normal knight, voice commands should change back to Z-4 (Defend me)
    5. Torch as melee weapon
    Torch should be able to be swinged at enemy for minor fire damage but can’t block.

Major suggestions
    1. Generic Z-5 (Go for objective) voiceovers
    For maps without actual voiceovers there should be voice commands for all class that said “Go for objective!” and when the time is nearly over they should said something like “We’re running out of time, We must complete the mission!” when using Z-5.
    For other gamemode which objective has the same name (TDM, Capture the flag) should have voice commands that said “Kill the [Enemy team]!” or “Capture enemy banner!”

2.Single Player Campaign :D
    With story from Chivalry Lore, From Death of The King to the Fall of Citadel. The campaign should start after Agatha knights and Mason order go for war in another continent at the end of tutorial.
    -The story branches depends on which side you chose in tutorial.
    -Every level have objectives and will move to next stage if objective is done.
    -Involve siege weapons and Torches.
    -If you die or failed to do objective you will restart back at the start of the stage in the level.
    -On the end of every level there should be a boss which weakness is depends on weapons he use. Boss should have a distinct special ability where normal counters like blocking dodging or counterattack would counter their moves.
    -Campaign Achievements
    -Finishing campaign give unique apparel for Multiplayer.
    -No class to chose, but can choose abilities and weapons.

I know the major suggestions would never happens but I always think it is a good idea.

• I would really like a campaign with insanely difficult bots and bosses

• @Rob_Owner:

I would really like a campaign with insanely difficult bots and bosses

That would be incredibly fun but I dont think Torn banner could do that

• @MichaelTurtles:

That would be incredibly fun but I dont think Torn banner could do that

They’re actually not far off in the tutorial. If they just continued that story for a few more chapter it would be really cool. Maybe the next chapter could unlock at a certain level, for example. Every 5 ranks you get to play the next part of the single player game, OR TB could just release it in an episodic fashion, and give us a new chapter every month or two.

• Global Moderator

Every TO map has a story behind it. Its technically a campaign.

• Just make bots that always parry on the last 0.05 seconds and feint every other attack, 20x more difficult already. They should also somehow calculate if you are not in range and in that case attack instead.

• Making bots is hard for a gameplay-based game like this, but it will make an epic AAA game if it happens. Chivalry gameplay is great by itself, but the game itself need more polishing. Making single player campaign make this game more memorable. However nearly impossible to happens in a patch. Torn banner may do this next game which may take a while.

• Well, I like the idea of a single player campaign, and especially the idea of decent bots. But I think you’re overcomplicating it a bit. It should just be like the normal game, except that the next map should depend on the outcome of the previous instead of a stupid, 1D rotation.

• This post is deleted!

• @CatMeowMeow:

Minor Suggestions
    1. Citadel Prisoner rescue
    In Stage 2 and 3 of Citadel. Instead of just disappearing freed prisoners/slaves they should run to Agatha’s spawn and disappear from there. Their character models still should not be solid and no collisions.
    2. Hillside Agatha opening.
    When Waiting for game to start, Agathians should be frozen on the boat that landed at the start of the match.
    3. Bring back Weapon Descriptions
    For new players to read.
    4. King Z-5 (Go for objective).
    Instead of normal knight, voice commands should change back to Z-4 (Defend me)
    5. Torch as melee weapon
    Torch should be able to be swinged at enemy for minor fire damage but can’t block.

Major suggestions
    1. Generic Z-5 (Go for objective) voiceovers
    For maps without actual voiceovers there should be voice commands for all class that said “Go for objective!” and when the time is nearly over they should said something like “We’re running out of time, We must complete the mission!” when using Z-5.
    For other gamemode which objective has the same name (TDM, Capture the flag) should have voice commands that said “Kill the [Enemy team]!” or “Capture enemy banner!”

Not saying I disagree here, but just giving you some insight.

1. I think one of the biggest reasons Citadel has bad FPS and crashes for so many people (crashes regardless of how good your PC is) is related to the lava and the prisoners. Adding more complex prisoner AI and pathing would just make the map that much more unstable. You’re right that it would give a lot more to immersion and stuff, though, but another issue is that new players would always stop and swing at them since they’re used to killing peasants in Stoneshill.
    2. IIRC, early beta builds had you starting the spawn in the boats but it had a number of issues so they moved it to the shore.
    3. Yeah, weapon descriptions were cool but they were misleading.
    4. Would be nice but I don’t think they know how to program that lol.
    5. No, torches should leave you vulnerable and exposed, throwing torches is how it should remain.

1. I think the reason they didn’t add voices to Outpost and Cold Front is because they intended to have a barbarian feel to it (with the barb commander voices) but also because the sound guy probably didn’t want to pay all the money needed to get the team back together for more voices. Also CTF already has obj voices, but TDM is the same reason as above.

• Mod

@SOC:

5. No, torches should leave you vulnerable and exposed, throwing torches is how it should remain.

They should fix getting stuck in the throw release though, getting caught with a torch in your hand should be punishable but it shouldn’t be a guaranteed death sentence like it is now.

• @Kim:

They should fix getting stuck in the throw release though, getting caught with a torch in your hand should be punishable but it shouldn’t be a guaranteed death sentence like it is now.

Yeah, that glitch is annoying.
    Almost as annoying as having bad bots.

• @Kim:

intended game mechanic

• Two suggestions :
    1. Alternate slash should also have the “fire” ability , if someone likes the alt attack and re-binds it on LMB for example, why he can’t fire projectiles with it? Why will i press lmb (alt slash) with a bow or throwing axe in my hand if not to fire it?
    2. Double tapping dodge should be always on with one-button as an option , why do i have to select between the two options? I want them both ! Double tapping is ideal for side-dodging and one button for fast back dodge, side dodge with one button dodge sucks , back dodge with double tap sucks also, is this intended TB ??? What is the down side of having double tapping dodge always on ? It’s not like you double tap accidentally .

• @Cromwell:

2. Double tapping dodge should be always on with one-button as an option , why do i have to select between the two options? I want them both ! Double tapping is ideal for side-dodging and one button for fast back dodge, side dodge with one button dodge sucks , back dodge with double tap sucks also, is this intended TB ??? What is the down side of having double tapping dodge always on ? It’s not like you double tap accidentally .

I do double tap accidentally and I am glad that it isn’t always on.

• you can modify the time for double-tapping if you do not want to use it

• it could be an option to use both instead, don’t see a problem with yet another setting.