Bumping

• (This isn’t actually off topic. There should be a ‘discuss forum policy’ category.)

Can somebody clear up the rules on bumping? When is it okay to bump? I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that if you’re having a technical problem that didn’t get resolved you’re allowed to bump it, but I can’t find it again.

As another case, if you make a thread and nobody responds, at what point can you bump it? 5 minutes?

• Bump. It’s been five minutes.

• Bumping is fine in tech support if no one’s replied to you for a few days. There’s not really a precise time limit that is dis/allowed though. So 5 minutes wouldn’t be okay. I would say just to wait a few days or message a dev directly if you have a specific tech support problem that isn’t being replied to.

There isn’t a posted policy on it though as not everything can always be covered in the rules unfortunately.

There also isn’t a discuss forum policy section because it’s against the rules to do so in a thread. Questions are fine in off topic but if you’re wanting to discuss any forum rules, it’s best to do so via PM.

• Alright. Great. Thanks for the clarification.