Dedicated server (Help me Pleaseeeee)

• Hey guys, I’m just looking to set up a small server maybe like 8-10 players absolute maximum so that a few of our clan members can get a bit of 1 on 1 dueling experience.

I downloaded the tools from steam, and the pdf that Tibbs posted…. It literally made absolutely no sense to me.
    I used to run a dedicated AoC server for a while so I thought I’d be able to handle this, I was wrong.

Could anyone perhaps give me a hint as to how I could go about learning to achieve my goal here.

• I’m still working out some bugs myself but here’s some info to get you started. There are 3 ports, all UDP: 7777 (server), 7778, 27015 (Steam/Query). Here’s are some examples of the recommended command lines:

Dedicated Server without logging:

UDK.exe AOCTD-Moor_p?steamsockets -seekfreeloadingserver -multihome=xx.xx.xx.xx -Port=7777 -QueryPort=27015 -maxplayers=10
    ```Dedicated Server with logging:

UDKlogging.exe AOCTD-Moor_p?steamsockets -seekfreeloadingserver -multihome=xx.xx.xx.xx -Port=7777 -QueryPort=27015 -maxplayers=10

In theory that should work, but in practice some of us can't get either to work and have to use UDKGame.exe instead. The multihome part is the external IP address and the first part just after the executable is always the map name.

I hope that helps get you started, all of this is in the updated documentation that's not included in the server files.

• Thank you for taking the time to reply, the problem is I don’t understand where you input this code?

I assumed I’d get some sort of console box when I launch the chivalry dedicated server. Which I do get, but I can’t type in it. Any ideas?

• You can’t type in the window that pops up.

• The command line code is to start the server directly from a Windows Command Interpreter. You can bring up a run dialog box with the WIN+R key combination, or hit the start button and type in the search box “cmd” and hit enter. Alternatively you could just make a .bat script such as start-server.bat with those contents in it, changing the path of UDK.exe to the full system path.

I just came back to let everyone know my earlier issue with UDK.exe and UDKLogging.exe seems to have resolved itself and can be used to properly launch the server. When using UDK.exe it’s normal for the server console to be empty as disabled logging apparently means console logging as well.

• @bestrafung:

The command line code is to start the server directly from a Windows Command Interpreter. You can bring up a run dialog box with the WIN+R key combination, or hit the start button and type in the search box “cmd” and hit enter. Alternatively you could just make a .bat script such as start-server.bat with those contents in it, changing the path of UDK.exe to the full system path.

I just came back to let everyone know my earlier issue with UDK.exe and UDKLogging.exe seems to have resolved itself and can be used to properly launch the server. When using UDK.exe it’s normal for the server console to be empty as disabled logging apparently means console logging as well.

Thank you so much! That’s all I needed to know! Brilliant stuff.

• OK I understand everything (i think lol) the only thing is when i put that in:

UDK.exe AOCTD-Moor_p?steamsockets -seekfreeloadingserver -multihome=xx.xx.xx.xx -Port=7777 -QueryPort=27015 -maxplayers=10

It doesnt recognize the IP, what IP should I write down there isntead of the xx.xx.xx.xx

• @ProHunter:

OK I understand everything (i think lol) the only thing is when i put that in:

It doesnt recognize the IP, what IP should I write down there isntead of the xx.xx.xx.xx

The xx.xx.xx.xx was just me masking the real IP to avoid spam and attacks (unlikely to happen but you never know). To find your external IP try http://whatismyip.org. Please note that the query port is the same as practically every Source/Half Life 2 title so if you’re running another server you will probably need to change it.

• If you don’t know what to put for the IP after the multihome command it is most likely that you don’t need to use it. :P