Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Coming to Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 this Fall!

• Greetings Lords and Ladies, We are proud to announce that your favourite Medieval Slasher is making its console debut this fall! check out the announcement trailer here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZE4FXdSk1tE

• No one wants this on consoles, the game was clearly never designed for it and will never play well on it. This is only gonna make the rift in population and playerbase worse, making it even harder to find decent servers, and with all the bugs and with how unstable the PC version has always been, I can’t imagine this ever working or being any kind of a wise investment at all. Torn Banner, you can’t even maintain the PC version in an acceptable manner, there’s no way you can now handle the PC and two consoles on old gen systems and make the game in a truly solid state. I think this is a terrible idea on so many levels, and I feel really disappointed that we’ve been waiting so long on a better PC version because of something so stupid like this. I just can’t believe the amount of wrong you guys continue to express. Also, we know you’ve been working on OSX and Linux versions so you’re just really screwing your self over when you can’t even handle the PC version. Who knows? Maybe you’ve got a big bunch of programmers now who can handle the crazy code of you guys making a virtual online international game from all over the world, but I will not believe it until I see the PC version in a truly, good state.

I’m really scared of all the noobs who will be coming to the forums and flooding it with garbage posts and whining about feints, drags, skill and the overwhelming and innumerable bugs and glitches that will be present on the consoles. I’m terrified that this will be the end of Chivalry.

• @SOC:

I’m really scared of all the noobs who will be coming to the forums and flooding it with garbage posts and whining about feints, drags, skill and the overwhelming and innumerable bugs and glitches that will be present on the consoles. I’m terrified that this will be the end of Chivalry.

Unavoidable caos about to happen sooner then I thought.

I agree with you man.

• Ofcourse this is the end of Chivalry, no question there lol. Anyone want to join a pool on how many angry customers TB will receive?

Let’s hope Slasher will live up to our expectations and until it’s available we’ll just have to wait for Kingdoms Come I suppose.

btw nice amount of dislikes you’re gathering on that video. You’d expect TB to learn but oh well.

• This trailer reveals a lot about the business side of things. Notice at the end it says Activision and then Mercenary Technology. Activision is a major Video game publisher most notably known for the CoD series. Mercenary Tech is a game developer who does many console ports.

My guess is that Activision is funding the console port and they paid Mercenary Technology to do it. I think Mercenary Tech is doing the entire port themselves considering how much experience they have doing console ports, and I doubt TB knows much about developing for consoles.

TB why didn’t you guys bring Chivalry to the current generation of consoles? Why last gen?
    Chivalry is a very demanding game and would’ve made good use of the current generation’s processing power over last gen.

@SOC:

there’s no way you can now handle the PC and two consoles on old gen systems and make the game in a truly solid state.

Port isn’t being done by TB bro. You jump to so many conclusions without doing any research or knowing the details. I don’t know how anyone takes you seriously.

@SOC:

I’m really scared of all… the overwhelming and innumerable bugs and glitches that will be present on the consoles.

I doubt that. The port is being done by a very experienced console developer who has ported many other games.
    They’re way more experienced than TB and I bet their team is larger too. The console port could actually have less bugs than the PC version lol.

It’s a win-win move for TB
    They still get to focus on the PC version while expanding to different markets and selling more copies. So it’s hardly any work for some extra cash; it’s a smart move.

This whole deal is an interesting move for TB.
    I think it’s a way for them to test the waters of doing business with big video game companies – like Activision – while still remaining an independent developer (on the PC at least). For Activision this is a chance for them to test Chivalry’s money-making potential in a mainstream market before making any big money offers to buy TB.

It’ll be interesting to see how TB and Activision’s relationship develops.

• Please fix this game first.

• This is pretty big news, although I’ll very likely will just keep playing it on PC. It’s still a significant step towards getting a bigger audience for Chivalry. Lots of new potential fans. Little worried about community segregation though.

• Steve knows how to make easy money, always was a sneaky genius, gg.

+Loin plz go play on console thats all you ever wanted for chivalry, fair game, low fov, 30 fps, controller, no exploit, you should be happy dude :P

+SOC why do you cares, you’re gonna play on console ? no so why do you care about the console version, the game is pretty much dead so let them make money while they still can lol.

• Slasher when?

• Well its very good news tbh. Its not as hard as some of you think porting to consoles, all the hard ware at least is
    the same, they can concentrate on that plus if another Company is helping out its all good. I still have my ps2 here
    with Black fps game. This was a good move imo regardless of what some of you dried bread morsels think tbh.

• I would rather burn my money.

Inb4 - next step -> deadliest warrior on console.

• @Chimpanzer:

Slasher when?

Soon I heard. Big alpha supposed to come out with unity 5 or so, im pumped for it

• To add I am in no Doubt that the later generation consoles will want this. This is a golden chance to get a foot in the
    ascending doors of consoles imo. @Vesanus give me that cash I will buy a console asap.

• @gref:

I don’t know how anyone takes you seriously.

I dont think anyone does.

Anyway, this just confirms that chiv 2 will be a multiplatform casual game… yet another franchise ruined, will have the same faith as battlefield etc. for us gamers, for TBS its a win win

Also disabling the likes on that video… ouch

• Just think how easy it will be to kill people using a console.

• Just a cash grab. TB says they’re gonna work on balancing the PC game and keeping the small community updated. Then they go dark for several weeks (surprise, surprise) and then comes the announcement that they actually haven’t been focused on balancing or bug fixing at all, but just scheming more ways to milk money out of this old-ass, broken game. Great way to keep your hardcore fan base happy, Torn Cyst.

I’m 90% sure they’ve decided that fixing this game is impossible, so they make as many ports as possible and get the few people who haven’t been able to buy the game.

#slasherwhen

• i heard slasher will be pc exclusive

slasher when?

• @CRUSHED:

Also disabling the likes on that video… ouch

Oh yeah, they just did.

#slasherwhen

• @loin:

Its not as hard as some of you think porting to consoles, all the hard ware at least is the same

Not really…
    Well on the current gen consoles the hardware is the same as modern day PC gaming hardware, they’re running special AMD APU’s. But the Xbox 360 and PS3 both have some unique hardware unlike regular PC’s. Regular PC’s CPU run the x86 Architecture whereas the PS3 is running Sony’s proprietary CELL architecture which was developed by IBM. Microsoft also paid IBM to develop a PowerPC CPU for the 360.

I hope that didn’t go over your comb… hurr Rooster jokes.

So porting from the PC to the PS3 and 360 is actually quite challenging and that’s why Merc Tech is doing it and not TB.

• So unless the game is severely dumbed down how are you going to parry the simplest stab drag with fucking joysticks?