Burning Canadian Starbucks question

• Ok I go to starbucks in toronto, buy one grande coffee

$2.36

I go and buy two grande coffee’s

$5.09

The server says taxes are different over $5, but hey it should have been $4.72… I guess I could google it… but perhaps someone here knows the canadian tax answer…

• No idea, but I heard Toronto is a very nice city, don’t they have better coffee places than starbucks?

• @Harry:

No idea, but I heard Toronto is a very nice city, don’t they have better coffee places than starbucks?

Tim Hortons is ok, similar to Dunkin Donuts

• Don’t you have pretentious little barista shops? It seems you’re never more than 10 feet from one in central London, and if you can tolerate queueing with a load of hipsters the coffee is fantastic.

• Nah not in north america, no european style cool coffee

• Slip some folgers in the automatic drip, get ready for the morning trip.
    Get in the car, off to work m8, stop at timmies for a coffee break.
    Canada eh?

• Shame, but also business opportunity! Get on it Greg, “Greg’s Barista Cart”. You can charge $5 a cup for a flat white, and I guarantee hipsters will pay it.

• Why do people even go to shitty food/drink/whatever-chains and not to regular friggen Cafés and buy coffee? it keeps puzzling me.

• @gregcau:

Nah not in north america, no european style cool coffee

What, really? I mean I’m in the states but have no issue finding a small coffee shop wherever I am. Is it really that much different up north? There’s gotta be a ton of coffee shops in a city like Toronto.

• Not downtown and not at 7am, just starbucks, tim hortons and coffee time (eww)

• I dont believe a purchase over 5 dollars magically changes the taxes.

Maybe its just a starbucks thing

• Ontario combines the taxes into one for some reason, right? Instead of PST and GST?
    But anyway, it doesn’t magically change over 5 bucks.

• I finally figured it out, no tax on food stuff under $4

$4 or and you get taxed.

So yeah cheaper to buy them separately.

• Mod

Someone mentioned Tim Hortons - their Hot Chocolate is rather nice

• I wouldn’t waste time with these companies. They all steal cash from GB by tax evasion. Google the top players in this.
    Figures start at 10 million a year upwards to 25. Infact its time UK took a dim view of Ireland being a part of this bs.
    In any normal crime all parties are prosecuted. So start with Ireland first and the rest will fall like domino’s.
    Get eddy fingers in the bench and he will rat his bosses out every time tbh.

• Yeah, those damn Irish, what with their explosives and booze. Let’s get em!

Right after I go buy some explosives and booze. That sounds awesome.